Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

gm called me "scum bag" at nissan mall of ga. lol

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Z33 silver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I said you go there in the middle of the night and throw a couple molotov cocktail . and blow a couple of altima, but no Z. hehe
Old 10-25-2005, 05:15 PM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i gotta say i commend you on controlling your temper.

I would also write a letter or call NA and tell them you are reporting the dealer
to BBB and that you will also report NA to BBB if they do not respond. I had to
do the same thing with Rosenthall Honda in McLean, VA b/c of their shady a$$
backward accounting and attitude.

Basically we wrote Honda America and explained the situation and told them we
had no intention of working with Rosenthal anymore and that they needed to fix
the problem asap. I think we also threatened to report them BBB. It only took a
couple of days for Honda America to call and say they were on it. They handled
it all for us. They contacted the dealer and had then fedex us the paperwork.

It sucks, but sometimes you have to be a real ***** to get respect from dealers
... respect you would think they would give with open arms since we are paying
major $$$ for their product. in our case we couldn't walk away from Rosenthal
b/c we had already purchased the car even though they kept screwing up the
paperwork and treating us like dirt when we went in to get it fixed.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:03 PM
seabass

I think you have to complain to the "owners" of the dealership. Be it a company or individual, the GM, GSM, and SM all have to answer to somebody, they all have quotas and targets to meet.

Let them have to explain their actions to the BOSS.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:39 AM
06350z

Default gm

REVISED LETTER.

I am writing this letter to inform you of a situation that occurred at Sutherlin Nissan in Buford Ga. I need a response from someone ASAP!

SAT 10/15. My friend and I went to Mall of Georgia Nissan in Buford to inquire about purchasing a new 2006 350Z. I bought my last 350Z throuth the same dealership in 2003. (This is my 3rd Nissan) I spoke to a salesman name Wesley Kim and told him I was looking for an Enthusiast model, black in color, 6 speed. I was informed they didn't have the exact one at the moment. After the salesman went to his manager he came back and informed me that if I wanted the car they could have it within 72 hours.

SUN 10/16. We returned to the dealership the next day. Wesley took down all the information needed to insure that I got the car I requested. He informed me that since I was trading in my current 350Z, I would have to leave my car so there would be no additional mileage put on it and they would provide me a loaner car until my new car was delivered. I signed the paperwork stating that Sutherlin would pay off $19,000 for my current 350Z. If the payoff was more, I would pay the difference--if it was less I would be refunded the difference. I understood, agreed, and signed the papers anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new car. I then left my keys to my 350Z and they gave me a Nissan Sentra as a loaner until my car came in.

MON 10/17 Wesley called me early in the day to inform me there was a hold up on the car and that it would be Thursday or Friday before the car would arrive....NOT HAPPY.

THURSDAY 10/20. At 3 pm I still hadn’t heard anything, so I called the dealership. I was informed by the sales manager Kevin White that the car was coming from Florida. He said they had just found out that the car that was being delivered was a Base model 350Z and not the Enthusiast model I had ordered. I told him that I did not request a base model and did not want to step down because there were features on the Enthusiast model that were not on the Base model. I told him that the paperwork I signed and agreed to was for an Enthusiast not a base model. I told them they needed to get their facts straight facts and get me the car I ordered. Kevin stated that another one will be in by November 11!!!! ONCE AGAIN A CHANGE IN PLANS. I told him that this was not only inconvenient but unacceptable. I had bought the car with the promise to have the car in 72 hours. Kevin replied he would get with his boss and have some sort of resolution the next day.

FRIDAY 10/21. The NEXT DAY rolls around and no call from Kevin White. By 5pm it was obvious that he was not going to call me to let me know of how we were going to resolve this situation. I knew one thing; there was no way on earth that I was going to continue driving a Nissan Sentra till the 11th of November. If I had known that this was going to happen I would have went to one of the other 15+ Nissan dealerships in Atlanta. I got off work at 5pm and decided to drive out to the dealership and find out what the problem was. By now I was highly irritated by the poor communication that management had provided. We arrived at the dealership around 7 o’clock and asked to speak with the manager. We were greeted by the General Sales Manager Chuck Hayden. I told him the situation and the poor communication that had transpired over the week. He stated that he was aware of the situation, but thought that I was fine with it because he had seen me riding in the loaner car they had given me. He said he understood the frustration I was feeling and wanted to make me happy. He made a few phone calls and found the vehicle I wanted in Tampa. He agreed to sell me the car for their invoice and send someone to get the car first thing Saturday morning. He said the car would be at his dealership on Monday. I agreed and felt good about the resolution we had come to. I felt this was fair after all the changes and misinformation that had been going on over the week. We shook hands as gentleman and I left with my friend.

MONDAY 10/24. No word from the GSM so I called him around 1pm to see if the car came in. He said that the guy would be at the lot within 20 minutes. I drove up to the dealership after work. We arrived at approximately 7:30. The GSM had already left for the evening. The salesman, Wesley Kim, was there to greet me and ready to make sure everything went smoothly. As it turns out, everything went downhill. I don't blame the salesman because he did a great job in trying to help me out.

Wesley was informed he needed to call Bank of America to get the payoff on the car. After he received the payoff I asked him if the price of the car had been adjusted because I was paying their invoice as we agreed on the previous Friday evening with the General Sales Manager Chuck. That would certainly have made my payment go down since I was getting the car for less and the car was missing a few amenities that the original one I was suppose to get had. After about 10 minutes Wesley handed me the phone and said Chuck was on the phone and wished to speak to me. Chuck said that I had to "fork over” $632 because he figured his pay off numbers on my car to be 18,500.00 not the original $19,000 that I had already signed off on days before. The pay off was 19,132.00. I replied that the paper work I signed said they would pay 19,000.00--so why did this change? The only thing that should have changed was the price I was paying for the car which would reduce the final payment I was to make on the NEW CAR. All I should have paid for was a difference of $132.00, which I had no problem paying since that was the original agreement, not $632.00. Chuck insisted I pay $632.00. I told him I would not do such thing!! The agreement was initialized on paper on Sunday the 16th. I told Wesley to get the agreement I signed so we could ALL look at it to verify the facts. I knew they would realize that there was another mistake on their end. Wesley went to his GM, Scott Whitman about the situation. He came back and said that they don't have the agreement paper I originally signed. Now isn’t that convenient? It’s obvious something is fishy here.

Here's the kicker...
I told the GSM on the phone that I would not pay the additional $632 but only the $132. That was the agreement from the beginning and that’s what I was willing to do even after all of the screw ups by the dealership. I demanded that I speak to the General Manager ASAP about this situation. I told Wesley that I wanted the GM to come and explain to me how my original paperwork conveniently disappeared. Finally GM comes out with the Sales Manager Kevin and starts screaming at me in front of all the customers saying, "YOU SCUM BAG, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TELL MY SALES PEOPLE WHAT TO DO!!" To make matters worst, he spits in my face while screaming at the top of his lungs at me. I got up and told him that his behavior was very unprofessional and I would not tolerate it. I said he obviously didn’t know how to control this type of situation. He told me he didn’t need my business and to get the out of his dealership. I told them to get the keys to MY car ASAP. During this incident, I have never seen other customers rush out immediately with no intention to come back again!

He then kicked us out of the dealership in 40 degree weather with the wind blowing. 20 minutes went by before they could even find my car. The car finally appears with a sales invoice sticker on the window. Turns out it was already for sale on the used car lot before the paperwork had even been finished on the new car. I immediately ran up car to see the sticker, but the gentleman got out so fast and took off the sticker that I didn’t get a chance to get it. The gentleman said they had already stocked the car in for sale on the lot. The car had been heavily sprayed horribly inside with ARMOUR ALL. The sticker glue was left on the vehicle and there was marker writing all over the car. Not the way I like my car and certainly not the way I left my car with them.

I can’t believe all that I was put through. Then they try and rectify the problem by offering to sell me the car at “invoice price” while at the same time trying to pull the wool over my eyes by lowering the pay off amount thinking I would not notice. My friend who was with me during this entire fiasco said she had never seen such unprofessional behavior and was appalled at the outcome and the lack of professionalism of upper management. I spent 20+ hours driving back and forth to the dealership to be insulted and called a SCUM. I live over 60 miles away, but as previously stated I purchased my last car there and was looking forward to doing business with them again. Is this the way you allow your higher management to conduct business? Is this behavior is considered acceptable to your dealerships? To be so unprofessional in front of all his employees and other customers?

I need a response from someone ASAP!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:41 AM
06350z

Sorry folks, I had to delete some info out because I am only allowed a certain amount of character posting.

Here is the stearlership/employees that I left out:
Dealership address:
1855 Luke King Pkwy
Buford, GA 30519
Tel. (678) 714-1885
Fax (678) 714-1876

Employees:
Scott Whiteman-GM
Chuck Hayden-GSM
Kevin White- SM
Old 11-01-2005, 09:30 AM
stinkboy

all dealerships try to rip people off. it really depends on whether or not they think they can get away with it or not. they obviously have gotten away with it more often than not.

i went out of town to get my car since they had one in stock. price is obviously better for a customer if the car is in stock and they dont have to get it. all went well with the price and everything until the finance manager tried to fu ck me on the interest rate for a tier 1 customer. also the detail guy sucked at prepping the car, dug into the paint taking the dealer id sticker off and left all kinds of tape marks and never even took the plastic off of the pedals. ended up with some we owes that they failed to cover and im doing out of pocket for less hassle. however i did get a good interest rate after the sales manager took over the finance duties. i refused to deal with the other guy that failed to look up other lenders, pushed a high rate to make himself money, and pushed nissan lending only.

they already know im going to flame them with the nissan survey. actually ive already been called and i told them to call me back since i was having so many issues. i still like the car, got a good price, good rate and the out of pocket we owe only cost me 150. now im just waiting on a sales tax refund for money paid to a state i dont live in.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:40 AM
Aeleven

I just recently bought my z from Capitol Nissan , off of peach tree in South Atlanta. Its a Silverstone 2005 Euth auto, i paid 28,700 out the door. I think i did well, thats almost at dealer invoice price. Sorry you had such a hard time, if you need a number to a salesmen at Capitol Nissan, I'll PM it to you.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:10 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE

Team Nissan sales = F-
Team Nissan service = B

Union City Nissan sales = A
Union City Nissan service = A
Old 11-01-2005, 11:58 PM
damental

Test drive one of their higher priced cars and wreck it into one of the other cars on the lot.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:49 AM
Racer Z
Banned

So much for "Southern Hospitality"....Guess that doesn't apply to GA, since so many people from other parts of the US flocked to GA.

Definitely NOT one of my favorite places....The cops are very strange there (A FEMALE cop got nasty with me when I asked her fat *** for directions...I was like "Man..what da f*ck?")

Also, I heard that Atlanta is becoming like a giant gay bath house?? My Brother lives and works there as a Doctor (he's straight..LOL), but I wish he'd come home!
Old 11-02-2005, 03:59 AM
zrausch

"I bought my last 350Z throuth the same dealership in 2003. (This is my 3rd Nissan) "

"During this incident, I have never seen other customers rush out immediately with no intention to come back again!"

^Those are my 2 favorite parts. Showing them that your regular customer is genious.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:08 AM
mbq62

Sorry about the bad experience. Man you southerners are nuts!!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 04:20 AM
donricouga

sorry about your experience man. I recently bought an Altima from them ("Sold my Z ") and it wasn't too bad. My salesperson was really cool, Kevin White seemed ok, but i didn't get a good feeling. The GM Scott Whiteman was kind of rude. But my experience was no where near as bad. They invited my to a customer appreciation party(since my family and I have been long time customers) Tuesday the 8th. I'll be sure to call the GM a scumbag if I go, Just for you
Old 11-02-2005, 05:02 AM
mbq62

Originally Posted by Racer Z
So much for "Southern Hospitality"....Guess that doesn't apply to GA, since so many people from other parts of the US flocked to GA.

Definitely NOT one of my favorite places....The cops are very strange there (A FEMALE cop got nasty with me when I asked her fat *** for directions...I was like "Man..what da f*ck?")

Also, I heard that Atlanta is becoming like a giant gay bath house?? My Brother lives and works there as a Doctor (he's straight..LOL), but I wish he'd come home!
Yeah one time when we were visiting friends in GA, my friends and I(who are asians) were walking down the street and there were remarks such as, "they must be lost"/"you in the wrong part of town" stuff like that. Which is unecessary. Cause I dont even get that when walking around in SE DC.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:43 PM
cillinsz

Fck them all go shop some where else.I would call NISSAN.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:23 PM
iheartZ

AHAHAH thats crazy man... yea wesley kim is a really nice guy... i cant believe u had to go thru that crap.... good thing i got mine at gwinnett place nissan!
Old 11-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Aced16

WOW i commend you on your patience!!!!! , i would have gone off on him!!!! MAN STEALERSHIPS **** ME OFF!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Juno

Wow...that sucks!!!

Definitely write to NNA and the BBB.

I have to say that buying my Z was actually the BEST car buying experience I've ever had. So good, that my hubby went back a couple of days later and bought one too. We bought from a small dealership here in FL, and I know they deliver cars all over the place, so if you want their info, send me a PM.

Ironically, my husband had HORRIBLE experiences when he bought/owned his Spec-V from SUTHERLIN Nissan in Merritt Island, FL. Wonder if the two are related?
Old 11-03-2005, 09:06 PM
TheLex

Originally Posted by damental
Test drive one of their higher priced cars and wreck it into one of the other cars on the lot.

Old 11-03-2005, 09:18 PM
lilaznxboi08

gl with that man