2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z - Evo Comparo

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robert_K
I've been eyeing some surperchargers... But won't come for a long time. Really want a audio/visual system & some Gram Light wheels 1st.
I could be wrong, but I believe that you may have to get a new hood with your super charger, as many/most? won't fit with the exsisting hood.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

You know this is turning into my quote below.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:48 AM
gnxs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by makim
few cobras that beat me were on slicks and with nitrous, pulleys etc
again on a race track even slower then 350
Give me a break, any pullied Cobra on drag radials with a decent tune and driver can run high 11's.

BTW, were talking drag racing in this post. No doubt what the Evo is capable of on a road course.

Last edited by gnxs; 11-17-2005 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:50 AM
gnxs

You know this is turning into my quote below.
Debating two points of view makes us idiots?

Comparing AMS' Shop car against BriGuyMax's daily driver might qualify you for your own "quote" however.

Last edited by gnxs; 11-17-2005 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:56 AM
makim
Banned

Originally Posted by gnxs
Give me a break, any pullied Cobra on drag radials with a decent tune and driver can run high 11's.

BTW, were talking drag racing in this post. No doubt what the Evo is capable of on a road course.
maybe where you live, stock cobra vs stock evo and 8/10 times evo will win
compare weight and hp plus 4wd its no brainer

evo is a better sports car.
i bought 350 only because it was in my price range (same as evo), but chicks like it better. As far as performance it does everything worse then evo.
accel, handling,, stopping
interior quality is kinda similar though

Last edited by makim; 11-17-2005 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:05 PM
gnxs

maybe where you live, stock cobra vs stock evo and 8/10 times evo will win
compare weight and hp plus 4wd its no brainer

this is going nowhere, no matter 350z or civic owner, they always try to say "my car is better"

i bought 350 only because it was in my price range (same as evo), but chicks like it better. As far as performance it does everything worse then evo.
First off, I own neither a 350z, nor an Evo, so I have no vested interest in this.

Secondly, all things (i.e. driver) being equal, a stock Cobra will own a stock Evo on a drag strip. I doubt you'd even get much of an argument about that on evolutionm.net. Just as the Evo would be victorious on a road course.

Lastly, I never intended to jump into a debate about these two cars (Evo - 350Z). All I was pointing out was my experience against modded TT350Z's and modded Evo's.

You started flying off in all directions when all I was pointing out was the hypocrisy when you made this statement:

... i had evo and it made 400whp on stock turbo, tt 350 was always slower, stop/roll, im not even gonna mention handling...
Yet you admit you're ~ 1/2 second slower than BriGuyMax's TT350z in the 1/4 mile.

Last edited by gnxs; 11-17-2005 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:20 PM
makim
Banned

Yet you admit you're ~ 1/2 second slower than BriGuyMax's TT350z in the 1/4 mile.
ok, try to understand this, i currently own 350z, modded or not its no match for lightly modded evo.

briguy thinks hes fast, cause compared to stock 14. sec he is, but not compared to modded evos, thats my point. My car did low 12 at safe boost and stock turbo, it could easily do high 11's at higher boost level.

i never had a supra but i appreciate how strong the stock set up is and i see the potential there, im not trying to compare evo to supra because on a drag stip evo will always lose, comparing evo to 350 is a joke
Old 11-17-2005, 12:30 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

You know I didn't want this to get into which car has the bigger dic.
1: The Evo is faster than the 350Z
2: I feel a modded 350 w/ the same bolt ons as an Evo still will be slower.
3: The 350Z is a better daily driver than the Evo if you don't need a sedan.

EDITED

Last edited by Robert_K; 11-17-2005 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:38 PM
gnxs

ok, try to understand this, i currently own 350z, modded or not its no match for lightly modded evo.

briguy thinks hes fast, cause compared to stock 14. sec he is, but not compared to modded evos, thats my point. My car did low 12 at safe boost and stock turbo, it could easily do high 11's at higher boost level.

i never had a supra but i appreciate how strong the stock set up is and i see the potential there, im not trying to compare evo to supra because on a drag stip evo will always lose, comparing evo to 350 is a joke
Why do you keep changing the subject?

A modded Evo is not always faster than a modded TT350z in a straight line.......period. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't. Yours is obviously SLOWER than his in a 1/4 mile, so how can you say:

.. i had evo and it made 400whp on stock turbo, tt 350 was always slower, stop/roll, im not even gonna mention handling...

.. briguy thinks hes fast, cause compared to stock 14. sec he is, but not compared to modded evos, thats my point.
^^^^^NEWSFLASH: You had a modded Evo and he's faster than you were!
Old 11-17-2005, 12:40 PM
gnxs

You know I didn't want this to get into which car has the bigger dic.
1: The Evo is faster than the 350Z
2: I feel a modded Evo w/ the same bolt ons as an Evo still will be slower.
3: The 350Z is a better daily driver than the Evo if you don't need a sedan.
You want to re-phrase #2 again (for us idiots ).
Old 11-17-2005, 12:46 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

You want to re-phrase #2 again (for us idiots ).
I was frustrated w/ all the bs this thread made.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:48 PM
gnxs

I was frustrated w/ all the bs this thread made.
I was just messin' with ya.

BTW, you're probably right about your revised #2........but that's not what I commented about originally (about 20 posts ago).

Last edited by gnxs; 11-17-2005 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:30 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Stock I ran 13.6 so that's hardly 14s..

But you DIDN'T RUN 11s...so your statement about TT 350Z's being slower than what YOUR car was simply isn't true. We can if this and if that all day long..but the FACT remains..your EVO didn't run 11s..so you can now stick your foot in your mouth.

If comparing the 350Z to the Evo is a joke, kindly show me a low 8 second STREET CLASS Evo and I'll shut up.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:34 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

That's your opinion...and thank you for sharing it.

i bought 350 only because it was in my price range (same as evo), but chicks like it better.
If you need a car to pick up chicks, I feel sorry for you.

As far as performance it does everything worse then evo.
If you're speaking of stock for stock that's simply not true. The ONLY thing a stock Evo has on a 350Z in a straight line is the launch. The make similiar power numbers and have similiar curb weights.

As for handling...I'm not even going to get into that...it's so subjective it's rediculious.

Braking...the 350Z's brembos work just as well as the evo's brembos.

Comparing the LANCER interior to the 350Z....that's cute.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:01 PM
hitop

This is ez. One is ugly and one has some of the most beautiful lines a sportscar has ever had, not to mention outstanding performance to boot.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:35 AM
makim
Banned

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
That's your opinion...and thank you for sharing it.

If you need a car to pick up chicks, I feel sorry for you.

If you're speaking of stock for stock that's simply not true. The ONLY thing a stock Evo has on a 350Z in a straight line is the launch. The make similiar power numbers and have similiar curb weights.

As for handling...I'm not even going to get into that...it's so subjective it's rediculious.

Braking...the 350Z's brembos work just as well as the evo's brembos.

Comparing the LANCER interior to the 350Z....that's cute.

dude you got issues, 350z interior is crap, dont you see that?

i love how you think stock 350z will hang with stock evo in any form
look at the times from all magazines new evo 4.5 to 60, sti 4.4 350z 5.9sek

how is handling subjective??? we have ways of measuring handling performance its called slalom, and g's
Old 11-18-2005, 02:44 AM
makim
Banned

and as to braking performance

i know both cars have rotors with brembo written on them, but its the weight of the car, weight distribution and tire size, and few other things that contribute to breaking

again look at times

its like talking to a civic owner, its not about loyalty to the brand but the facts
Old 11-18-2005, 06:25 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

dude you got issues, 350z interior is crap, dont you see that?
Better than a lancer interior

i love how you think stock 350z will hang with stock evo in any form
look at the times from all magazines new evo 4.5 to 60, sti 4.4 350z 5.9sek
0-60 times....hahaha...freaking mag racer. The 0-60 times are all about the launch in those cars. Which I said in their ONLY advantage over a 350Z in a straight line.

how is handling subjective??? we have ways of measuring handling performance its called slalom, and g's
There is A LOT more to handing than simple slalom and lateral Gs...and YES...handling IS very subjective. Obviously someone couldn't make the argument that a Chevy Tahoe is a great handling vehicle...but when comparing a 350Z to an Evo....both cars have fantastic chassis's, suspension setups and the weights are almost identical.

WHERE'S YOUR REPLY TO MY OTHER POST??? OWNED TOO BAD TO RESPOND?
Old 11-18-2005, 06:35 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

and as to braking performance

i know both cars have rotors with brembo written on them, but its the weight of the car, weight distribution and tire size, and few other things that contribute to breaking

again look at times

its like talking to a civic owner, its not about loyalty to the brand but the facts
You don't know what you're talking about. Braking preformance is not soley determined by distance to stop from a specified speed. Although the 350Z and Evo are very close in this area. Resistance to fade after multiple stops is what really defines good brakes and that's not measured in any of your little magazine tests.

Since you want to be a mag racer..and want me to look at mag times...here's some for you to chew on.

0-130mph time (seconds)
2003 350Z Track 26.6 (C&D, August 2002)
2003 Lancer Evolution 28.5 (C&D, June 2003)
Old 11-18-2005, 06:51 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Wow, another one of these threads...first bri congrats 11.7@120 is nice. but with that trap speed i think you can do a little better e.t. most evos that trap in the 120's are very close to the 10's if not there but thats great for a 350.

guys who cares which one is faster with equal mods??? ive owned both and i know what i enjoy more, who cares if i cant convince other z owners to see it my way. you need to appreciate that there is competition and we are all better off that there is. if it werent for the fast 350z's and others we wouldnt need to make our evo's faster.

why bother quoting AMS' car? you werent driving it so who cares. show us your slip or dont argue with bri, HE ran those times not a pro driver. his car rocks! but so does ours with similar mods.

Quick Reply: 350Z - Evo Comparo