2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z - Evo Comparo

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 12:08 PM
gnxs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Z007
I think the point that was trying to be made previously was this:

The evo: with basic bolt-ons can run in the 11's no problem.
The 350Z: has to have bolt-on's plus a turbo or supercharger installed to run 11's which will cost you a lot more money.

Anyone here should be able to agree with this statement.
I don't agree with your first statement, at least not the parts I highlighted. I went to the track at least 10 times this Summer. There were Evo's there every trip, sometimes a half-dozen or so. The only pass I saw faster than 12.0 was when I saw AMS Evo go 9.5x about 5-6 weeks ago on a cold night at GLD.

Basic bolt-on Evo's don't run 11's no problem.

However, yes it is usually easier (cheaper) to take a factory FI car and make it fast (Evo included).

BTW, I'm glad to see we finally got back to the original statement that kicked this off: namely, that Makim's old Evo would never lose to a TT350Z under any circumstances. I'm glad he finally admitted BriGuy's tt350z would own him in a drag race. That was the only point really.

Last edited by gnxs; 11-18-2005 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:11 PM
gnxs

Last edited by gnxs; 11-18-2005 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:35 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bghoward
http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMSA/j...pecs.jsp?t=all

last I checked the evo didn't have near perfect 50/50, it's more like 60/40.
Also my car according to nissan (2004 performance model) is around 3240lbs vs. 3285 for the evo and has a 53/47 weight distribution, so don't get all high and mighty about the evo.

The evo doesn't 'handle' better than the Z, it just brute force grips better and there is a distinction. I have driven both and I found that the evo in stock form (without a 6000+rpm drop) didn't really feel any faster than the Z, didn't handle better--it may have more grip, but I'm talking about feedback/balance/shift-- it felt like an econo box with decent power hardly a complete package I felt the Z is.
Agreed. I was just doing a little research on it myself but I remember when I was actually doing research on EVOs the weight distribution was 60/40, not 50/50. They practically weigh the same thing...

04 EVO RS 2218lbs vs 04 350Z Track 2225lbs

Top of the line models for both.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:35 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by gnxs
I don't agree with your first statement, at least not the parts I highlighted. I went to the track at least 10 times this Summer. There were Evo's there every trip, sometimes a half-dozen or so. The only pass I saw faster than 12.0 was when I saw AMS Evo go 9.5x about 5-6 weeks ago on a cold night at GLD.

Basic bolt-on Evo's don't run 11's no problem.

However, yes it is usually easier (cheaper) to take a factory FI car and make it fast (Evo included).

BTW, I'm glad to see we finally got back to the original statement that kicked this off: namely, that Makim's old Evo would never lose to a TT350Z under any circumstances. I'm glad he finally admitted BriGuy's tt350z would own him in a drag race. That was the only point really.
Where were you this morning :P

I was going to go off about bolt-on evos getting into the 11s easy...but I didn't want to get flamed more...
Old 11-18-2005, 01:45 PM
infamous350

Default quick thing to say

raced a evo from a 3rd gear roll did not get infront of me a pulled a bumper byt the end of third and we evened back out in fourth 350z is better built car freaken evo runs liek 17lbs stock let me run 17lbs make it look like it standing still lol
Old 11-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

LEt me have this... Let them have that... Let make it fair... But you know what... Mitsu and Nissan didn't do that! You have what you got. Evo is faster, 350Z is better daily driver (IMO). Thats that.

MOD LOCK THIS PLEASE! Sorry.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:35 PM
angelzhope720

Makim, you're obnoxious go trade your Z in for another evo, you obviously don't know how to appreciate it.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Sensation350Z

Originally Posted by makim
i know i know, but you dont hear me
new carrera s is $90,000, do you think its worth it?

new zo6 now that performance for the money
Oh my goodness, shut the fu*k up. Yes, I think it is WELL worth it. Only a fool buys a car ONLY because of how it performs in a straight line. If that`s all you`re interested in, buy an evo and put a 100 shot in there.

This thread and debate is rediculous. The evo guys always think, just like most other car groups, that they have the worlds' best car. I`ve got news for you, the Evo isn`t worth the money, at least not for me. You`re simply paying for performance with a sh!tty exterior and an even sh!ttier interior. If you`re all about performance and could care less that you`re driving something that looks like it could peel potatos with the spoiler, then fine, congrats on your econobox. It`s not all about straight line performance.

Throw a lightly modded evo with my lightly modded M3 into the Nurburgring and let`s let an all around performance track do the talking.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:37 AM
Sensation350Z

Originally Posted by Robert_K
LEt me have this... Let them have that... Let make it fair... But you know what... Mitsu and Nissan didn't do that! You have what you got. Evo is faster, 350Z is better daily driver (IMO). Thats that.

MOD LOCK THIS PLEASE! Sorry.
You`re a tool. In all honesty, it would be best for you to get rid of the Z and get a newer, faster evo.

Look you idiot, you said it yourself. YOU HAVE WHAT YOU GOT. So stop saying that BriGuyMax`s Z would get smoked by evo`s with 2k in mods. Like you said, YOU HAVE WHAT YOU GOT. His Z vs. your old evo; he would win. Let`s stop making excuses, for his car is superior. And before you make another bs claim about how your best friends' uncles' sisters' cousin knew a guy who was living with another guy who had an evo that ran a 7 second 1/4 mile, remember this: YOU HAVE WHAT YOU GOT.

Your words, not mine.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:42 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by Sensation350Z
You`re a tool. In all honesty, it would be best for you to get rid of the Z and get a newer, faster evo.

Look you idiot, you said it yourself. YOU HAVE WHAT YOU GOT. So stop saying that BriGuyMax`s Z would get smoked by evo`s with 2k in mods. Like you said, YOU HAVE WHAT YOU GOT. His Z vs. your old evo; he would win. Let`s stop making excuses, for his car is superior. And before you make another bs claim about how your best friends' uncles' sisters' cousin knew a guy who was living with another guy who had an evo that ran a 7 second 1/4 mile, remember this: YOU HAVE WHAT YOU GOT.

Your words, not mine.
You the prime example of why: all car forums should just merge into one giant orgy of idiots.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:51 AM
Sensation350Z

Originally Posted by Robert_K
You the prime example of why: all car forums should just merge into one giant orgy of idiots.
Is that right? Well, with your incredible intellect why don`t you come up with a rebuttal to my post rather than simply continuing to contribute to your already massive reputation here as a tool? I don`t know how you ricers do it over in Lancersville, but over here we don`t just randomly make claims without having anything to back them up. But i`ll give you a free pass on that one, considering I know you were way too busy peeling potatos with the wing on your evo to go to school.

Learn to spell and use grammar, then come back and talk to me. Dumbass.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Is that right? Well, with your incredible intellect why don`t you come up with a rebuttal to my post rather than simply continuing to contribute to your already massive reputation here as a tool? I don`t know how you ricers do it over in Lancersville, but over here we don`t just randomly make claims without having anything to back them up. But i`ll give you a free pass on that one, considering I know you were way too busy peeling potatos with the wing on your evo to go to school.

Learn to spell and use grammar, then come back and talk to me. Dumbass.
Maybe you need to read my orginal post. I was infavor of the Z and stated that I only missed the turbo power. Also you are taking this too seriously and the pointless e-thuging & name calling just goes to show that you are a complete moron.

Last edited by Robert_K; 01-07-2006 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:11 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Also I never intended for a little comparo to get so out of control. I think ppl need to read what I said in the camparo again.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:39 AM
Sensation350Z

Easy there hot shot, i`m the furthest thing from an e-thug. If using correct grammar and knowing how to spell simple words makes me an e-thug, then maybe I am. But if that`s the case, I`ll take it as a compliment.

The fact of the matter is, you ignore the main points of everyone who disagrees with you. You just randomly come up with something you see as an "insult" like when you said that I`m an example of why all car forums should merge into an orgy of idiot. Where did that come from? If anything, you`re the idiot telling people that "no tt Z will ever be faster than a modded evo." And then when we show you an example of a Z that is faster than your evo was, you continue to make excuses. Mind you, this was all on a forum for 350z owners/enthusiasts. [Furthermore making you even more of an idiot.]

You were wrong. Count your losses and move on with your life.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Willie Dynamite

Easy there hot shot, i`m the furthest thing from an e-thug. If using correct grammar and knowing how to spell simple words makes me an e-thug, then maybe I am. But if that`s the case, I`ll take it as a compliment.

The fact of the matter is, you ignore the main points of everyone who disagrees with you. You just randomly come up with something you see as an "insult" like when you said that I`m an example of why all car forums should merge into an orgy of idiot. Where did that come from? If anything, you`re the idiot telling people that "no tt Z will ever be faster than a modded evo." And then when we show you an example of a Z that is faster than your evo was, you continue to make excuses. Mind you, this was all on a forum for 350z owners/enthusiasts. [Furthermore making you even more of an idiot.]

You were wrong. Count your losses and move on with your life.
Hey champ, you keep quoting the wrong guy. Re-read this thread.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:29 PM
imseksy

what round is it?
Old 01-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by imseksy
what round is it?
Old 01-07-2006, 12:51 PM
Fletch69z

Is this thread still alive? By the way I raced a buddy the other night who has an Evo. His is stock and my Z is slightly modded (intake, plenum spacer, test pipes, exhaust). It was pouring down rain, which sucked for me, but I have ****ty all seasons on instead of my potenzas so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I was still spinning like crazy and probably lost each pull from a dig to about 120 by about 4 or 5 lengths (He was jumping me off the line and then I was sticking about 3.5-4 car lengths behind him). Everytime that turbo spools you can feel the NA power petering out right before shifting, . I still think that in the dry with decent tires and good launches we would be really close, but I also think that on a track that AWD is not really gonna be an advantage. He'll be understeering like crazy and that extra weight isn't good either. Just my 2 cents, now that I've experienced the power of the Evo!!
Old 01-07-2006, 01:33 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by Fletch69z
Is this thread still alive? By the way I raced a buddy the other night who has an Evo. His is stock and my Z is slightly modded (intake, plenum spacer, test pipes, exhaust). It was pouring down rain, which sucked for me, but I have ****ty all seasons on instead of my potenzas so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I was still spinning like crazy and probably lost each pull from a dig to about 120 by about 4 or 5 lengths (He was jumping me off the line and then I was sticking about 3.5-4 car lengths behind him). Everytime that turbo spools you can feel the NA power petering out right before shifting, . I still think that in the dry with decent tires and good launches we would be really close, but I also think that on a track that AWD is not really gonna be an advantage. He'll be understeering like crazy and that extra weight isn't good either. Just my 2 cents, now that I've experienced the power of the Evo!!

Drag racing in the rain......
Old 01-17-2006, 09:18 AM
sschmuve

As far as braking goes...It's not that the Evo has better brembos, it is the Awd.
Since all the wheels are tied together, the rear brakes actually help the fronts to stop by sharing the load.

Quick Reply: 350Z - Evo Comparo