2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z - Evo Comparo

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 07:33 AM
350zQ45a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by makim
i know i know, but you dont hear me
new carrera s is $90,000, do you think its worth it?

new zo6 now that performance for the money

Absolutely. Look I don't want to be a mag warrior, and I haven't driven a Z06 or a new Carrera S. I have had the privilege of driving a few 911s in the past, and believe me, there is the X factor in spades in that car.

Look the Z06 is great, but there is reason in comparisons it is not being picked over the more expensive GT. There is compromises on that car, and it stills suffers from that certain something that doesn't make it quite as special as a GT or a porsche.

I'd take a perfectly balanced Cayman S or Carrera S over a faster car. For me a car is many things. It's about the way the steering feels, the way car gives you input, things Porsche has perfected over years and years.

The 911 is engineering brilliance. Everyone knows Rear engine is not optimal, but Porsche has fine tuned it to the point of perfection.

I'd rather have a car that can communicate to me, then something with a huge engine and more HP.

If everyone wanted those things, nobody would ever buy exotics.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:34 AM
makim
Banned

dude
read my previous post, 2000 bucks in mods will get you there in an evo

Originally Posted by 350zQ45a
Absolutely. Look I don't want to be a mag warrior, and I haven't driven a Z06 or a new Carrera S. I have had the privilege of driving a few 911s in the past, and believe me, there is the X factor in spades in that car.

I'd take a perfectly balanced Cayman S or Carrera S over a faster car. For me a car is many things. It's about the way the steering feels, the way car gives you input, things Porsche has perfected over years and years.

I'd rather have a car that can communicate to me, then something with a huge engine and more HP.

If everyone wanted those things, nobody would ever buy exotics.
thats exactly what ive been saying, thats why evo is a better sports car
its balanced, great distribution, strong engine, amezing steering and handling....

350z is a great looking sporty coupe, designed to please both men and women

Last edited by makim; 11-18-2005 at 07:38 AM.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:34 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its not even about modding, but which car is a better sports car
to me the answer is obvious,
how can a heavier car that according to every test does everything worse then evo be better??

It's NOT heavier moron...
and you never repiled to my 0-130 time test..where the Evo got OWNED by the Z...
Old 11-18-2005, 07:36 AM
350zQ45a

Originally Posted by 350Z007
I think the point that was trying to be made previously was this:

The evo: with basic bolt-ons can run in the 11's no problem.
The 350Z: has to have bolt-on's plus a turbo or supercharger installed to run 11's which will cost you a lot more money.

Anyone here should be able to agree with this statement.
Yes, but so what?

An MR2, Supra, 300ZX Turbo, VR4, GSX, ANYTHING with turbos can be made into a very quick car as long as the internals are decent.

It's not like the EVO reinvented this game.

I also remember a certain top gear where they took an EVO MR and around the track and it managed to keep up perfectly with the Lambo Murci..

They then did a test of top gear accel of the MR versus an econobox and it got its *** handed to it handily.

Sorry a 30k car isn't going to be everything to everyone. If you want that perfection you need to spend 3x 4x and beyond the price of an EVO to reach that climax.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:38 AM
350Z007

Originally Posted by 350zQ45a
Yes, but so what?

An MR2, Supra, 300ZX Turbo, VR4, GSX, ANYTHING with turbos can be made into a very quick car as long as the internals are decent.

It's not like the EVO reinvented this game.

I also remember a certain top gear where they took an EVO MR and around the track and it managed to keep up perfectly with the Lambo Murci..

They then did a test of top gear accel of the MR versus an econobox and it got its *** handed to it handily.

Sorry a 30k car isn't going to be everything to everyone. If you want that perfection you need to spend 3x 4x and beyond the price of an EVO to reach that climax.
I agree with you here. I was not trying to say anything more than say the Evo responds to mods like a turbo car does, which in turn puts you into a quicker car time with less money. But over all I think the Z is a better feeling and looking sports car.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:41 AM
makim
Banned

Originally Posted by 350Z007
But over all I think the Z is a better feeling and looking sports car.
lets agree to disagree
Old 11-18-2005, 07:42 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

This thread has officially turned retarded. People are arguing about 10 different things. stock, modded, looks, 1/4 mile, blah blah blah blah blah...

All I wanted was makim to admit that he was WRONG when he claimed a TT 350Z couldn't touch his 12 second evo. He's avoided that from the onset of the argument and I don't see any point in taking it any further.

makim, you're a tool...and until you man up and admit you were wrong..you'll still be a tool.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:45 AM
makim
Banned

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
All I wanted was makim to admit that he was WRONG when he claimed a TT 350Z couldn't touch his 12 second evo. .
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!
i said that with 2 grand in mods evo can do high 11's low 12's
you got all offended casue you did 11.7

i was gonna end this peacefully but... f u and your pathetic 11.7
who do you think you are, only caue i drive 350 i gotta lie to myself?
untill you had both shut the fu.. up,
Old 11-18-2005, 07:50 AM
350zQ45a

I think this thread is a perfect example of the drag warrior mentality of Americans that Euros and the Japanese laugh at so much.

Eventually if just all boils down to how fast you can make your car go down that 1/4 mile, doesn't it?

That seems to be what these conversations always disgress to. Well I can make my car do this and that for x amount of money.

Well great, my car is pretty much stock, so I guess that makes me an idiot.

I personally welcome any and all Japanese "performance" cars into the market. They are different things to different people, they generally don't overlap.

A fair comparison is an STI to an EVO or an RX8 to the 350Z.

At least once every days there is an apples to oranges comparison, and it leads to flaming, and I swear everytime the drag warrior mentality comes out again and again.

When I owned my supra a simple BPU package would make my car run with and sometimes eat 911 turbos all day. Sure that made me feel good, but I was never a big enough jagoff to think my car was better on the whole then a 911 turbo, I just knew it was something special to have that level of speed for that amount of money.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:50 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!
i said that with 2 grand in mods evo can do high 11's low 12's
you got all offended casue you did 11.7
i had evo and it made 400whp on stock turbo, tt 350 was always slower, stop/roll, im not even gonna mention handling..
That's what I'm talking about.

As for 2 grand...A Z can run low 12s/high 11s for less than two grand...200 shot/ clutch/ slicks...if you just want to talk about money.

i was gonna end this peacefully but... f u and your pathetic 11.7
who do you think you are, only caue i drive 350 i gotta lie to myself?
untill you had both shut the fu.. up,
Jealousy is a stinky cologne....
Old 11-18-2005, 07:53 AM
makim
Banned

Jealousy is a stinky cologne....[/QUOTE]

go to evo meet and brag to everybody that you hit 11.7

people will think youre crazy

again for stock 14 sec car that is pretty good, i admit (take it as complement)

thank god its friday, im gonna need a drink soon

Last edited by makim; 11-18-2005 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:54 AM
350zQ45a

Maybe because they have a turbo engine from the factory? Maybe because they have an engine that was designed to be boosted?

How F"ing retarded is that. Go to a skyline or supra meet and tell them about 11.7 and they will laugh at that as well.

Damn you EVO owners a bunch of arrogant kids. You are not the only ones that have put down fast times on a JDM turbo car.

My god
Old 11-18-2005, 07:55 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Jealousy is a stinky cologne....
go to evo meet and brag to everybody that you hit 11.7

people will think youre crazy

again for stock 14 sec car that is pretty good, i admit (take it as complement)
Still avoiding your comment...even after I quoted you AGAIN.

Are you that reading challeneged or do you just not want to admit that you are wrong?

And for the record I never bragged about my car or my 1/4 mile time. I simply said that if you're going to make a claim..back it up. I can back up my claims...can you back up yours??
Old 11-18-2005, 07:58 AM
350Z007

lets agree to disagree
Agreed
Old 11-18-2005, 07:58 AM
makim
Banned

Still avoiding your comment...even after I quoted you AGAIN.

Are you that reading challeneged or do you just not want to admit that you are wrong?

And for the record I never bragged about my car or my 1/4 mile time. I simply said that if you're going to make a claim..back it up. I can back up my claims...can you back up yours??

why do people think im an evo owner??
look at my avatar....

briguy, im not sure what you want me to admit?
in summary:
stock, evo is a better sports car
stock 350z is much more comfortable and good looking car

im not going into modded discussion with you, 11.7 to you is like 10 flat for evo owners
Old 11-18-2005, 08:03 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

why do people think im an evo owner??
look at my avatar....

briguy, im not sure what you want me to admit?
in summary:
stock, evo is a better sports car
stock 350z is much more comfortable and good looking car

im not going into modded discussion with you, 11.7 to you is like 10 flat for evo owners

You just don't get it...ok this is the LAST time I'll quote you and see if you have anything to say about your comment.

i had evo and it made 400whp on stock turbo, tt 350 was always slower, stop/roll, im not even gonna mention handling..
If twin turbo 350Zs were always slower than your 12 second evo...then how do you explain my car? That's all I asked.

And for the last time...My car isn't anything special, it's just got an APS TT kit bolted to it. If I was a mad crazy drag racer I would be well into the 10s very easily...but I just enjoy a very fast daily driver.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:07 AM
makim
Banned

You just don't get it...ok this is the LAST time I'll quote very easily...but I just enjoy a very fast daily driver.

now youre going into detail, you got 11.7 at the track, out of god knows how many tries, lightly modded evo will do 12 everytime

but i admit your 350 would be quicker then lightly modded evo
have a good weekend

im glad we're almost done here

Last edited by makim; 11-18-2005 at 08:13 AM.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:18 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Everyone stop! You guys are worst than the EvoM guys! And you try telling them you like the Z over the Evo! I can't beleive that this went this far! :ashame:
Old 11-18-2005, 10:51 AM
bghoward

ps 3200 almost 50/50 distribution car, DOES handle differently then 3400 rwd car, but then your car does 11.7 so it doesnt matter
http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMSA/j...pecs.jsp?t=all

last I checked the evo didn't have near perfect 50/50, it's more like 60/40.
Also my car according to nissan (2004 performance model) is around 3240lbs vs. 3285 for the evo and has a 53/47 weight distribution, so don't get all high and mighty about the evo.

The evo doesn't 'handle' better than the Z, it just brute force grips better and there is a distinction. I have driven both and I found that the evo in stock form (without a 6000+rpm drop) didn't really feel any faster than the Z, didn't handle better--it may have more grip, but I'm talking about feedback/balance/shift-- it felt like an econo box with decent power hardly a complete package I felt the Z is.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:58 AM
gnxs

Last edited by gnxs; 11-18-2005 at 12:20 PM.

Quick Reply: 350Z - Evo Comparo