Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

$1025 Ticket!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 09:16 AM
gto88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blake350z
i got pulled over doing 85+ in a 35mph zone and got off cause u gotta act dumb and say some random shi* like there was guys yelling at me and calling me a rich ***** and got scared cause they were drunk and i tried to get home as fast as possible. Works everytime. muahahaha
You have got lucky.
I heard that when you double the speed limit you go to jail directly.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:38 AM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Electricchild
USN HM 350Z is right... don't these police officers EVER learn to stop giving out such outrageous tickets? Sheesh!

seriously though. hope things work out for you. i think we need to start a Z
community legal fund and retain a few lawyers to assist with these kind of
issues.... j/k
Old 11-30-2005, 12:36 PM
juliosuburban

Originally Posted by sanf
i feel bad for the SRT who got a tic of 1k for nothing. lol. anyway. which highway were you guys ripping up?
Well we were racing on the 107 down in Lynn, but he said he caught us speeding on the Revere Parkway, doing 100. One thing is though, he never mentioned to me why I was pulled over, or anything. He just pulled me in, license registration, gave me the ticket, and then said go home. I met up with the others that got fined along with me, and they all get the same amount. The SRT-4 got a $1000 ticket, and he wasn't even with us. He was pulling out of an alley way heading in the opposite direction. The cop also, forgot to give me my registration back, and I was so terrified, I had forgot about it, and left as soon as he told me to. So he seen my on my way home, and pulled me over again. I had crumpled up the ticket into my pocket, after I had left. Didn't do it intentionally. So the Statie came over and said "Give me your registration!" I started searching and he said I wasn't going to find it, and then showed it to me. Then requested the ticket, and started yelling at me again, because I had crumpled it up, and even threatened to take me in for doing so. After he gave me back my registration, he gave me at least a 10 minute speech on street racing, and if he seen me out there again, he was going to arrest me. He complimented my car, and said it was beautiful and said, that he hated giving $1,000 tickets to 18 year olds, because he knows it will set them back, but teach them a lesson, and then he told me screw and walked off.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:11 AM
paulsmansfield

Originally Posted by juliosuburban
Well we were racing on the 107 down in Lynn, but he said he caught us speeding on the Revere Parkway, doing 100. One thing is though, he never mentioned to me why I was pulled over, or anything. He just pulled me in, license registration, gave me the ticket, and then said go home. I met up with the others that got fined along with me, and they all get the same amount. The SRT-4 got a $1000 ticket, and he wasn't even with us. He was pulling out of an alley way heading in the opposite direction. The cop also, forgot to give me my registration back, and I was so terrified, I had forgot about it, and left as soon as he told me to. So he seen my on my way home, and pulled me over again. I had crumpled up the ticket into my pocket, after I had left. Didn't do it intentionally. So the Statie came over and said "Give me your registration!" I started searching and he said I wasn't going to find it, and then showed it to me. Then requested the ticket, and started yelling at me again, because I had crumpled it up, and even threatened to take me in for doing so. After he gave me back my registration, he gave me at least a 10 minute speech on street racing, and if he seen me out there again, he was going to arrest me. He complimented my car, and said it was beautiful and said, that he hated giving $1,000 tickets to 18 year olds, because he knows it will set them back, but teach them a lesson, and then he told me screw and walked off.

You sound like Jarvis Cocker, without the Jarvis
Old 12-01-2005, 10:19 AM
nlsqba

feel your pain man.. i knoe you dont need any preaching at this point of time. i know it is fun to drive fast, but it is not the best idea to do this on a public roads. just imagine you get a flat tire or some grandma turns into your line while you drive 100+

i was driving fast and always found a way to talk myslef out of a ticket. then one time (5 months ago) i got 3 tickets for racing (more then double speed, improper line usage, following 2 close) - almost went to jail and lost my DL. it was a lot of fun, but it was not the most responsible thing i did in my life

luckly i had a good lawer and a nice judge - i ended up with 4 month supervision. i learned my lesson...

hope everything will be ok!
Old 12-01-2005, 10:40 AM
EynonPower

I heard that when you double the speed limit you go to jail directly.
I think in PA you do.

As for the OP, yes, at the time you wern't street racing, but you just were a minute ago, and you had every intention to do so again. Sorry man, but you need to grow up in a hurry and admit it. Its a heafty fine, and I don't have that kind of cash just lying around, but you did the crime, now you do your time.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:38 PM
juliosuburban

I finally got the court date. They sent me the paper and all and stated I had to go to a local court. They had me wait for two hours before they came out and stated I wasn't on the list. They looked through the system and they stated I wasn't on they're system for today. They called another court about 30 minutes away, and found out there was a typo on the paper they sent me. And on top of that the other court had already called me out and didn't want to give me a second chance on their mistake. After like 10 minutes of the great clerk talking to them they gave me a second court date and said I was lucky, for their mistake. Boston . Going through this hassle, lol, I won't be *street* racing ever again.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Z-Lust

Originally Posted by _BBB_
yo just get a radar detector for next time
exactely.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:10 PM
SB Track

Reading this entire post scared me a lot. Needless to say I won't be speeding like I have been when I go back home.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:51 PM
dscheers

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=KwanZito]If you explain the seatbelt part, you could possibly get that thrown out. But I just think that under the circumstances you're not going to get away with anything, you'll get no leeway. A friend of mine just got caught racing a Z (he has an STI). He was given 90mph in a 55 and wreckless driving. The judge took his license away on the spot, he wouldn't hear a word of his rebuttle.QUOTE]

I sincerely hope so !!!
Old 02-01-2006, 09:42 PM
rolling

Originally Posted by juliosuburban
I was out about two weeks ago on a Saturday night at the local street scene. We had a few runs, on a local strip, and we then decided to go to another scene about 10 minutes away. It was me, a Supra, and a really beautifully modified Mustang, who just happened to follow us. At one point we were speeding at around 100 down a highway on the way to the next stop. The highway was empty, no traffic, and I seen no cops at all, well I atleast thought I didn't . We exit off a ramp and cruise for about five minutes until we get to a stop light. A Mass State Police cruiser pulls up along my drivers side flashing his lights, and blocks the highway in front of us. He hauled me, the Supra, the Mustang that was following us, and about five other cars that were behind us as well, that I didn't even know were behind us. Pulls us into a McDonalds parking lot, and starts inspecting our cars. He wrote my ticket up stating I he clocked me doing 100 in a 55 MPH zone, but he also stated on the ticket he estimated me doing 100. And here's how he added it up:

Drag Racing $500 (We were all speeding in formation, so he assumed we were)
Speeding $450 (I admit I was..)
Expired Inspection Stickers $50 (Insurance gave me 7 days to obtain new stickers, it was only the fourth that day)
No Seatbelt $25 (I took it off, to give him my license)

In all, it was the scariest 25 minutes of my life, because I didn't know what the consequences at that time were going to be. Plus it was my first run in with the law ever. I appealed the ticket, and I'm waiting for a court date. Looking to hire a lawyer for the court date. Winning most of the charges look good?
be glad you arnt in Oregon!!

new law this year over 100mph anywhere automatic min. $1000 TICKET.

drag racing (new crackdown) loose car mandatory court appearance.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:54 PM
dscheers

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Scary those tickets... Am I glad I live in Panama. Speeding 60$, Street Racing a whopping 125$ and running from the police (if they can catch you or see your license plate) the modest sum of ... 50$.

And you can allways negotiate a rebate for instant payment directly with the cop...
Old 02-01-2006, 10:14 PM
350z bra

wow
Old 02-02-2006, 03:47 AM
maya350

Default speeding ticket

Originally Posted by JLS2005
Why does everybody tell this street racing punk to get a lawyer, and wish him good luck!!!! Why dont everybody that has made this statement get a clue! He is the one who gives the rest of us a bad name, and causes our insurance rates to go shy high! I mean no offense to the person that started this thread, but you did admit that you were speeding!! WHAT THE **** DO YOU EXPECT!!!!!, a reward or something! Why do you need a lawyer? You broke the law so, accept your penalty, learn your lesson, and take it to the track next time. End of rant!!
dude having speeding ticket mean insurance would way to high!
try checking http://www.insurance-quote-free.com they offer quotes from different companies and now see whats the effect of having a ticket. well i guess the one to blame is your formation that gave the officer an intuition of something fishy goin the street.