Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is an Automatic really that bad?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 04:25 PM
hypeiv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh let me fan the flames....

Z is slow anyway... why rice it up by getting a 6mt? Real sports cars don't have AC or passanger seats, Traction control, or ABS (only posers use computers to prevent brakes from locking up a real racer can pump the brake on his own to keep them from locking)

(joke post btw)
Old 12-06-2005, 04:54 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hypeiv
oh let me fan the flames....

Z is slow anyway... why rice it up by getting a 6mt? Real sports cars don't have AC or passanger seats, Traction control, or ABS (only posers use computers to prevent brakes from locking up a real racer can pump the brake on his own to keep them from locking)

(joke post btw)
so many things wrong with that post, glad its a joke.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:58 PM
hypeiv

Originally Posted by EdgeOfSanity
so many things wrong with that post, glad its a joke.
yea I mean I would get a stick if it was a porsche or something but dood its just a Z get over yourself.

(trying to help your post count)
Old 12-06-2005, 05:05 PM
EdgeOfSanity

yea I mean I would get a stick if it was a porsche or something but dood its just a Z get over yourself.

(trying to help your post count)
soooo tempting to take the bait
Old 12-06-2005, 07:41 PM
cessna

Originally Posted by audiblemayhem
ok, i didnt read all the post here, but i just sold my 5AT G sedan, i bought a 6MT Z... i would like to say that the gear in the 6MT is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better, they are not even comparable, my sedan was just as fast in first and second gear, but then the gears get really really long and you lose a lot...

4th gear in the sedan goes from around 100 to 147 i believe, that is just too long of a gear... it was killing my top end with nitrous also. cant wait to get my nitrous on my Z and see what it will do

just thought i would give my .02 since i just sold a 5AT and got a 6MT...

Look at the ''Actual'' performance figures......... Its ALL in your HEAD!!!!!
The Numbers never lie, humans minds have been known to.....
Old 12-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Aggro_Al

Originally Posted by CarlosZ
The auto sucks! I should know. I bought an 04 but my girlfriend drives it about 90% of the time. I took it to the track and got blown away by everything on the start. The car is great in traffic and everywhere else. If you are going to drag, manual is best. Auto is good for daily driving in traffic etc. The auto shift really fast but I miss the launch from a standstill whereas my auto cannot light the tires up. You will be driving it so get what works for you.
You must be launching wrong. When I had the stock tires on I could easily smoke the tires when TCS is off with the 5AT.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:18 PM
NightRida

Originally Posted by NightRida
Dont listean to the manueal haters!
If you jsut want to drag it at the strip then auto is fine, anything on a straightline basis is fine with the auto. However auto X with the auto and your gonna get whooped by the manuels. You can modd the auto and yes it will compete with the manuels as long as its a strightaway!
Good deal btw!
Peace!
Actually I was the first poster to reply to him and I beleive I started the flame war! Read the first line! LOL I love the human mentality, when you push peoples button its pretty funny to see how they react! It, slike watching lab rats but with conversation!
Peace!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Nismo 350z

Originally Posted by camaro194
LMAO
Old 12-07-2005, 09:46 AM
cessna

+1!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:59 AM
Nismo 350z

the arguement was started before i even saw this thread and it was several pages long by the time i saw the other one. Most performance enthusiasts will agree that it is a sin to get an automatic sports car. Sports cars arent meant to be practical, and the only reason an auto is offered in a car is practicality.
I wouldn't call the Z very practical bud. 2 seats, small trunk, little space. If I wanted a fast practical car, I would have gotten an Evo. No sport cars are not meant to be practical, I agree with you on that. And yes while many auto enthusiats might prefer a 6spd., an auto is not a bad choice if its decent(like the Z's). The car in manual mode is not bad as you think it is. Drive one and find out for yourself. And also when doing mountain runs, its all about throttle control, not shfting. But I will say that a 6spd. will beat an auto on the track but not by much.

Last edited by Nismo 350z; 12-07-2005 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:06 AM
cessna

Originally Posted by Nismo 350z
The car in manual mode is not bad as you think it is. Drive one and find out for yourself. And also when doing mountain runs, its all about throttle control, not shfting. But I will say that a 6spd. will beat an auto on the track but not by much.
I agree, I've driven a few MT/AT G's and Z's the performace diff is negligable......

As Nismo 350Z said, its all about throttle control,.... I think I've said that a few times in my last posts on this thread!
Old 12-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Nismo 350z

Originally Posted by cessna
I agree, I've driven a few MT/AT G's and Z's the performace diff is negligable......

As Nismo 350Z said, its all about throttle control,.... I think I've said that a few times in my last posts on this thread!
+1. Yeah this thread is going nowhere as other have said. No point in posting in it. They always turn into AT vs MT anyways.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:27 AM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by Nismo 350z
I wouldn't call the Z very practical bud. 2 seats, small trunk, little space. If I wanted a fast practical car, I would have gotten an Evo. No sport cars are not meant to be practical, I agree with you on that. And yes while many auto enthusiats might prefer a 6spd., an auto is not a bad choice if its decent(like the Z's). The car in manual mode is not bad as you think it is. Drive one and find out for yourself. And also when doing mountain runs, its all about throttle control, not shfting. But I will say that a 6spd. will beat an auto on the track but not by much.
i havent driven the z's auto in the manual mode, but i have driven a bmw 645ci in manual mode. I absolutly hate it, it is nothing like driving a manual car.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:29 AM
cessna

Your not compairing Apples with Apples my friend
Old 12-07-2005, 11:33 AM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by cessna
Your not compairing Apples with Apples my friend
im willing to bet the auto in a $80k bmw is going to better than the one in the z. All automatic cars with the manual mode act the same in it, it sucks and it doesnt even come close to the real thing.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:21 PM
hypeiv

EoS… you act pretty hard for someone who hasn’t posted any slips. With your mods you should be able to get a 13.6 esp down near sea level in Houston. Heck, at least show us a 13.8 slip to give you some credibility! Pretending to be a racer when you are not is rice IMHO, you remind me of all the GS-R ricers who thought they could beat me b/c they were standard… as if standard gives you 50 more hp or something…

For the record I never claimed to be a racer or ever tried to convince anyone of getting one transmission over the other b/c I don’t have a complex and could care less what other people drive (queue up the ol’arm chair psychiatrist line)

(hooked?)
Old 12-07-2005, 01:22 PM
hypeiv

im willing to bet the auto in a $80k bmw is going to better than the one in the z. All automatic cars with the manual mode act the same in it, it sucks and it doesnt even come close to the real thing.
you can't go by price alone... I have read reviews that say the automatic in the new jetta is better than the auto in the f360 modena
Old 12-07-2005, 01:44 PM
cessna

EoS… you act pretty hard for someone who hasn’t posted any slips. With your mods you should be able to get a 13.6 esp down near sea level in Houston. Heck, at least show us a 13.8 slip to give you some credibility! Pretending to be a racer when you are not is rice IMHO, you remind me of all the GS-R ricers who thought they could beat me b/c they were standard… as if standard gives you 50 more hp or something…

For the record I never claimed to be a racer or ever tried to convince anyone of getting one transmission over the other b/c I don’t have a complex and could care less what other people drive (queue up the ol’arm chair psychiatrist line)

(hooked?)

LOL^^^^ +1!!!