Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Quick question about VDC and TCS

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 07:59 AM
DrCold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question about VDC and TCS

For all of you with both VDC and TCS, are there two sperate switches so you can disable each of them independant of the other? I was talking to a sales man at the local dealer, and he said that there is not two switches. So if you hit the one switch, it turns off both VDC and the TCS. I was under the impression that each had its own switch (which was why i was leaning towards a performance rather than the enthu). If you cannot turn of each independantly, i dont think i would want anything more than an Enthu. I'd just like to be able to turn of the VDC and still have traction control, and visa versa at times.

-DrCold
Old 01-08-2003, 08:20 AM
phreezee

It's one switch!
Old 01-08-2003, 08:24 AM
WayneTN

Hey, DrCold.

My Performance has both systems but only one switch (unless Nissan messed up!). The one switch is on the lower-left dash, but there is a "dummy" cover plate over another switch location right next to it to the right: one real switch and one switch plate cover.

The manual (pg. 2-2) only shows one switch and says, "VDC OFF switch or TCS OFF switch." Now, pg. 2-26 of the manual actually shows a VDC OFF switch diagram ("if so equipped") with an explanation about what it does and a TCS OFF switch diagram ("if so equipped") with an explanation. This is probably because, if you had the ENTH model, you would have TCS but not VDC.

Apparently Performance and above only have only one switch that controls both. (NOTE: If I'm supposed to have two switches, someone please let me know!)

WayneTN
Old 01-08-2003, 08:29 AM
Z CRAZY
Charter Member #67

You're supposed to have only one switch.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:30 AM
DrCold

Ok, that kinda sucks. I saw the fake plate on the Enthu, and i thought thats where the VDC switch would go, but the dealer was sure there was only one switch for both VDC and TCS. That really sucks, i wanted to have traction control with out vdc and stuff. Looks like its Enthu. for me. To bad now i cant get the Nav system, granted its more than its worth, but still cool.

-DrCold
Old 01-08-2003, 08:41 AM
md350z

I think the Sales guy is correct. If you don't want VDC, you may have to skip Track, Touring 6MT and Performance model.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:54 AM
DrCold

Well, i guess on the bright side, i'll be saving a bit of cash. I kind of wanted the Tire Pressure sensors for the coolness factor, but i'd probably end up losing them when i get (if) new rims. Thanks for all the uber quick replys tho.

Oh yeah, Midway Nissan in Post Falls, Idaho says they'll beat any price you find (with in reason). I mentioned about the guy in WI that said he'd do 1k over invoice, and they said they could do that. Damnit, if just didnt move into a new place. Oh well, i must learn to be patient...

-DrCold
Old 01-08-2003, 01:31 PM
qirex

dude...get the perf.

VDC will get you out of trouble many times...and actually helps give the car a AWD feel when driven properly.

Also, the tire pressure sensors are beyond gimmicks...I monitor my pressure to ensure proper operating pressure b4 a start flying...and after i hit a pothole (damn!!).
\