Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

nissan dealer just made big dent in my z!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005 | 07:25 PM
ricepeck

Default nissan dealer just made big dent in my z!!!

Brought in the Z for a warranty issue and turns out im gonna need a new fuel pump and seat bolsters. Left her overnight and dealer calls me to come pick up my car. They said they had ordered the parts and were gonna call me when the parts came in. I pick up my car and thats when i noticed a big dent and scratch that started on the front right side the bumper and denting into the panel section! I address them of the issue and the first thing that came out of their mouth was..."See the manager on Tuesday" WTF? Then I talk to the actual service advisor that took in my baby and he claims that it was already there when i brought her in. Then he accuses me of trying to get them to pay for something they didn't do. Im at the dealer and next thing you know there are 2 service advisors screaming and yelling at me saying that there were at least 4 witnesses that said that the big dent was already there. I was in disbelief. I had never been faced with such un-professionalism. Yelling at the customer? Then all the service techs came out and started pointing at my car and mumbling something like the dent was already there. I then asked the service advisor to just put something in writing that acknowledged the fact that i had addressed the dent issue. He then starts getting really nasty all in my face and says he's not putting "****" in writing for me and i'd have to come and talk to the manager after new year. I've never had such a bad experience. They would have declared the dent before they took in my car if it was really already there. I don't understand why its such a big deal and why they'd have to do that and deny it. NNA does have insurance for these things right? I'll just come back after the new year and talk to the manager and see what happens. And if still not resolved, i'll have to take care of it through my insurance and let the insurance deal with nissan. Bad luck at the end of the year for me. Damn. Im still in disbelief that they'd have the audacity to say that the dent was already there.
Old 12-31-2005 | 07:30 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus
Premier Member

Wow! Which dealer was this?
Old 12-31-2005 | 08:01 PM
rock_star

does the dealer have any survalence tapes? If they do see if you can look at them. I would complain until I got my way. I hope all goes well.
Old 12-31-2005 | 08:07 PM
DennyBak

a friend that works at nissan told me this:
everytime you bring in your car, they have to mark down that there is damage on the car before they service it. if it was there before, its procedure, they would have marked it down. if they give you a hard time, get the names of the service advisors and the manager and call NNA. you will win, dont worry.

i had the same problem with my door panel. the dealership nicked it and made a gash. i said it wasnt there, they said it was, i calmy asked for there name and NNA number. took out my invoice and said, "isnt it procedure for you to write down damages prior to service?" they quickly shut up and ordered me a new door
Old 12-31-2005 | 10:48 PM
gsazabi

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
+1

Must avoid this place.
Old 01-01-2006 | 09:33 AM
MustGoFastR

Yeah, it's procedure that they do a walk-around and document any existing damage for just this reason. When I took my car in for warranty work, they do it right there as you drop it off and you sign the paperwork (that way they can't go back and write up a bogus one after the fact). Call them out on it and talk to the manager, then call NNA if it comes to it.
Old 01-01-2006 | 09:55 AM
roast

Holy crap. Thats effin nuts..

I wouldnt tolerate anyone getting in my face screaming at me, most especially from a dealership after they damaged my car. I laugh at the idea of that happening to me.

I have a feeling you're going to get taken care of. Aside from getting your car fixed and the insurance stuff, you need to go up the ladder when you complain about this. That was totally unprofessional and a good way to get people hurt. If you don't raise a huge stink nothing will stop them from doing it to someone else.
Old 01-01-2006 | 10:16 AM
Jason021174

Originally Posted by DennyBak
a friend that works at nissan told me this:
everytime you bring in your car, they have to mark down that there is damage on the car before they service it. if it was there before, its procedure, they would have marked it down. if they give you a hard time, get the names of the service advisors and the manager and call NNA. you will win, dont worry.

i had the same problem with my door panel. the dealership nicked it and made a gash. i said it wasnt there, they said it was, i calmy asked for there name and NNA number. took out my invoice and said, "isnt it procedure for you to write down damages prior to service?" they quickly shut up and ordered me a new door
i took mine in this last week and the service manager and myself did a "walk-around" of my car. if there was any damage on the car when you dropped it off, it should have been written down. ask them to prove in writing that it was there on drop off.
Old 01-01-2006 | 12:25 PM
kitty_01

Frankly, I am not impressed with Nissan's service after you purchase your 350Z. I will only bring car in for warranty issues (maintenance done outside Nissan)

Tire Feathering in twice to finally fix it. Missing some bolts tire wells in front of car that they failed to reinstall. They scratched the two front rims doing these jobs.

Had them change to snow tires for winter they mixed up the sensors in each tire (rear appeared to be low, in fact the sensor was in a front tire). Asked them to save front tires, they threw them away and tried to give me used rear tires saying they were mine. Service manager unaware that back and front are different sizes. (finally got two new front Potenza's but a major hassle)
Old 01-01-2006 | 12:33 PM
ricepeck

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
I don't want to bad mouth...but since you are in OC..i'll give u a hint...HB and dealer name starts with D. I havent resolved with the manager yet..i have to wait til monday or tuesday so i dont want things to get unpleasant unless they provoke me..but i'll definitely let the manager know of how i was treated and perhaps let NNA know of this. But i've been there 2 times before and everytime i was satisfied with the service done on my baby regarding warranty issues..they were good about that until i came across a different jerkhead service advisor. Just looking at the Z and the big scratch/dent makes me totally upset...By the way, a big happy new year to all the forum members and i wish that none of you ever have to come across something awful as this incident.

Last edited by ricepeck; 01-01-2006 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-01-2006 | 01:04 PM
jinsei888

unless they provoke you!?!?!? HAHAHA!! I'm sorry, but that sounds like a pushover...they ALREADY provoked you, you're being WAY too nice about it. If all the workers treat you that way, the manager will likely treat you the same, being that workers and managers always come in sides with each other; they're cool with each other and will probably talk about you like just another customer complaining. Beat them to the punch and call NNA before the manager gets back.
Old 01-01-2006 | 01:13 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

you know you can have warranty work done at ANY NISSAN DEALER! Including Performance NISSAN...

you should get a card they fill out with you showing all the marks on your car if any...
Old 01-01-2006 | 01:13 PM
juliosuburban

I would have ***** slapped him
Old 01-01-2006 | 01:20 PM
EdgeOfSanity

i dont think i'd be able to handle getting yelled at like that in your situation. I'd probably punch the service advisor in the face.
Old 01-01-2006 | 01:23 PM
imseksy

HOLY CRAP my car is at the dealer you are talking about right now!!!
Old 01-01-2006 | 01:27 PM
ricepeck

Originally Posted by jinsei888
unless they provoke you!?!?!? HAHAHA!! I'm sorry, but that sounds like a pushover...they ALREADY provoked you, you're being WAY too nice about it. If all the workers treat you that way, the manager will likely treat you the same, being that workers and managers always come in sides with each other; they're cool with each other and will probably talk about you like just another customer complaining. Beat them to the punch and call NNA before the manager gets back.
You're right about that...they already crossed over the line when they treated the customer that way..but i had spoken to the manager before and he was a real decent guy...so i wanna be in good terms with him so that it'll be easier to resolve it in a civil manner. I think they were trying to get into an argument with me and they were yelling so that i could lose my temper, yell back and make myself look like an idiot so they could have better leverage on me when the manager would come back. And about calling NNA?..there closed till Jan 3, 06, otherwise i'd be ranting about this crap to NNA already. But yes, definitely will let NNA of this incident. No customer should be treated that way.
Old 01-01-2006 | 03:32 PM
Ztalker

**** like this happens at the dealership more often than you think.....
they managed to scratch my passenger window during warranty work.
they managed to ding and scratch the rear quarter panel the first week after i took delivery and they tried to play dumb about it.
they managed to scratch the rear taillight assembly with a buffer.
i would never leave my Z overnight at any dealership.
i always let the service department know in advance that I DO NOT WANT MY CAR WASHED....but everytime for some strange reason my car ended up washed. ( i hate water spots... ended up washing it again when i got home)
Old 01-01-2006 | 03:47 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Ztalker
**** like this happens at the dealership more often than you think.....
they managed to scratch my passenger window during warranty work.
they managed to ding and scratch the rear quarter panel the first week after i took delivery and they tried to play dumb about it.
they managed to scratch the rear taillight assembly with a buffer.
i would never leave my Z overnight at any dealership.
i always let the service department know in advance that I DO NOT WANT MY CAR WASHED....but everytime for some strange reason my car ended up washed. ( i hate water spots... ended up washing it again when i got home)
Yes stuff happens when you work on cars... We are quick to fix all problems when they do come up...

There was a case last week which we got on our video camera's...

A customer backed into a car that was finished being worked on by us... The person who picked up the car said we did it, we reviewed the video and got the licence plate of the people who backed into the car...

Naturally, they did not bring it to anyones attention that they backed into a car on our lot, they pulled out of the dealer lot, parked on the street, and then went to purchase a car... :-/ (DUH!)

When you go to your dealer or any place for work, make sure they notate everything on your car... small or big...
Old 01-01-2006 | 05:03 PM
ricepeck

Originally Posted by Jason@Performance
Yes stuff happens when you work on cars... We are quick to fix all problems when they do come up...

There was a case last week which we got on our video camera's...

A customer backed into a car that was finished being worked on by us... The person who picked up the car said we did it, we reviewed the video and got the licence plate of the people who backed into the car...

Naturally, they did not bring it to anyones attention that they backed into a car on our lot, they pulled out of the dealer lot, parked on the street, and then went to purchase a car... :-/ (DUH!)

When you go to your dealer or any place for work, make sure they notate everything on your car... small or big...
Jason at Performance Nissan, not to be confrontational or anything, but are you implying that it was my own negligence for not pointing out that my car was dent free and perfect? I had NO major dents on my car when i brought it in. That seems ridiculous to me that a customer would even have to mention that his/her car was collision free to the advisors when customers bring it in for service. Dealers should be responsible about taking care of the customer's property when they entrust the dealer with it. If the advisor did not do the walk around themselves to declare damage if any, thats the dealer's negligence...not the customer's. Oh and btw, its great that the guy's at performance took the time to investigate and review the surveillance....I wasn't even offered any type of acknowledgement or investigation in terms of the damage. They straight just denied it and claimed that it was already there and that I was the one trying to rip them off, "Making up things" as they put it...insulting my integrity by suggesting that i was trying to pull a scam or something. I'm very aware that you can address warranty issues at any Nissan dealer Jason. And I understand that you stand up for Nissan, like i said before , i had been very satisfied with the service the previous 2 times that I brought my car in, that's why i came back. The service advisor at that time really took good care of me. Just this time I encountered some real a-holes. Customer satisfaction is probably every company's priority, im sure...but there's always exceptions to the rule

Last edited by ricepeck; 01-01-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-01-2006 | 05:04 PM
Z4ME2

I visited the "D" Nissan dealership in HB and was really turned off by the sales team tactics. I'm not surprised about your bad service experience. Like everyone says, ask for the walkaround sheet. Hopefully they haven't doctored it up after-the-fact.

Quick Reply: nissan dealer just made big dent in my z!!!