Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z's are already common

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 05:32 PM
wildone_106

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z's are already common

Just driving locally in Seattle I saw like 4 or 5 Z's today, is'nt the whole "Hey guys I got my Z!" a bit moot now..I saw some old geezer driving one and I was like..oh well this is the end so soon...
Old 01-19-2003, 05:54 PM
rouxeny

Depends on where you live. Here in CT, I've only seen 2 or 3 others. Believe me, the Z still gets lots of looks.
Old 01-19-2003, 06:00 PM
MacGuru

I have to admit, locally I'm starting to have more frequent sightings. But not more than (1) in a given day. However, the last (2) out of (3) times I drove into the city, I manage to see at least one Z (not including me). Ironically, I'm never in my car when I see a Z on the road. Now, I was in Hickory, NC this weekend and I saw a CS track model in a mall parking lot of all places. My first thought was, "Didn't think I would see that here, And it's a track model as well!" Only there for the day and managed to see a Z. That was a surprise considering the remote location. -m
Old 01-19-2003, 06:59 PM
wildone_106

Even if I had my Z I'd still feel inferior when that Accord with the super wing and white tail lights pulls next to me, knowing full well in a few months that kid will also have a Z with a huge wing and white lights
Old 01-19-2003, 07:05 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by wildone_106
Even if I had my Z I'd still feel inferior when that Accord with the super wing and white tail lights pulls next to me, knowing full well in a few months that kid will also have a Z with a huge wing and white lights
Then don't buy one.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:05 PM
Boomer

Default Re: Z's are already common

Originally posted by wildone_106
Just driving locally in Seattle I saw like 4 or 5 Z's today, is'nt the whole "Hey guys I got my Z!" a bit moot now..I saw some old geezer driving one and I was like..oh well this is the end so soon...
Smile when you say "old geezer, sonny". I preordered my Z on 2/12/02 and took possession on 9/6/02, almost 8 months later. What do you expect?, its not a 360 Modena. I've only seen 3 in my area and I live in a college town. This is a mass produced sports car, not a rare one, but a damn good one.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:14 PM
DBTRACK

Do people actually think that they are the ONLY PERSON TO OWN A Z!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2003, 07:40 PM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DBTRACK
Do people actually think that they are the ONLY PERSON TO OWN A Z!!!!!!!!!
seriously! If people want to be exclusive, buy an exotic. Don't buy a Z.
Old 01-19-2003, 08:23 PM
zeroday

I hope all the attention my car gets ceases VERY soon. That's not why I wanted the car. Too much attention is bad IMO. Yeah you'll get the people that love the car checking it out in the parking lot, at lights etc, but you'll also get the jealous lowlife types that love to draw on our z's with their keys...which btw happened to me this past weekend. Just can't have anything nice anymore without someone hating you for it.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:11 PM
ZON

Originally posted by zeroday
I hope all the attention my car gets ceases VERY soon. That's not why I wanted the car. Too much attention is bad IMO. Yeah you'll get the people that love the car checking it out in the parking lot, at lights etc, but you'll also get the jealous lowlife types that love to draw on our z's with their keys...which btw happened to me this past weekend. Just can't have anything nice anymore without someone hating you for it.

I'm sorry to here that, zero, too bad you couldn't have been the hero and caught the lousy scum who did that to your new Z, sorry for the pun. People who do lousy things like that must have some kind of mental defect. I pray every time I have to leave my Z alone.

But back to topic. So far in January I have only seen 2 350Z's on the road. Since I live among millions of other citizens I either, 1; would expect to see more Z's because their should be more chances of people to buy them, or, 2; lot's of peeps in my region have bought them but we are so spread out that the odds of seeing more are reletively reduced.

I would like to race another Touring Z that is stock to see if their is any difference in my Z with the JWT Pop Charger installed as opposed to the totally stock Touring Z. Has anyone with a JWT had the opportunity to try this experiment i wonder?
Old 01-19-2003, 09:18 PM
mcduck

Not so here in Charlotte. I know a lot have been delivered by the various dealerships around town, but I rarely see others on the road.

I see one every day because another guy where I work has one, but other than that I may see one every 10 days or so. Still exclusive enough to feel special.

This must be common for the general public in my area, too, because I still get the gawking looks from lots of people whenever I take my Z out...
Old 01-19-2003, 09:22 PM
zogan

People still stare at me in my car. I might see two a week if I am lucky, but its real easy to go all day and not see any in a city that has over 2 million. Well I guess thats b/c most of the people have trucks. anyways, I don't even think it is close to being a common car.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:01 PM
kgb

Originally posted by VQracer
Yeah that's how most of us Oklahomans probably think but those in bigger cities like Dallas probably see them all the time. I know I saw a lot when went to Dallas.
I'm in Irving/Dallas Tx and I rarely see 350Zs. As a matter of fact, I've seen more G35 Coupes on the road than 350Zs. Since I picked up my 350Z, after Christmas, I've seen about 5 G35 Coupes, 8 "special" S2000s & 3 350Zs. I guess the 350Zs go into hiding when I'm out and about.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:28 PM
apharmdb

Someone earlier summed it up best, when they said if you wanted a rare sports car then get an exotic. The main reason most of us bought this car was because of its performace to value ratio, so one should expect it to be more common because of this. On a side note, I was driving to an appointment tihs morning and saw a cherry 240Z with a 96 300ZX behind it parked on the side of the road. The driver of the 240 saw me rolling by and screamed and gave me the thumbs up. Rare Z site indeed. Should have pulled over and taken a pic of all 3 lined up.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:21 AM
FrankieZZ

Default Not too many this time of year

You don't see any here in New England now. I haven't seen one since October because of the snow and temperature . It should pick up in three or four months .

FrankieZZ

Old 01-20-2003, 02:31 AM
golfman

It still turns heads...just like a beautiful woman.
Old 01-20-2003, 05:32 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

I am always in the Boston area arount and about.. I have seen 2 outside a dealership since they were released. 1 was parked and 1 was actually on a test drive so that one barley counts
Old 01-20-2003, 07:32 AM
stevew

Commuting in San Diego, I see about 3 Z's a week, so they are hardly a common sight. Frankly, I hope to see more, because that means they are a sales success and parts and service will be easier to come by and automakers will make affordable sportscars in the future.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:40 AM
z-extreme

Aside from the one's I see sitting on the Dealer lots. I have only seen about 5 on the rode in the last 2 months. I live in the Northern Illinois/Southeastern Wisconsin area. Smack dab right in between Chicago & Milwaukee. Both have been at night and Silver. No they are not very abundant. Maybe in Southern Cali though.
Old 01-20-2003, 08:30 AM
WashUJon

I have only seen two on the roads of Chicago. That's two total that I've seen outside of the dealer showrooms since the car was released.

Quick Reply: Z's are already common