Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Changing oil soon, is there anything I should know.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006 | 11:20 AM
lottness

Default Changing oil soon, is there anything I should know.

Whats up guys well like stated above its going to be time to change the oil in the Z here soon and I usually use the base hobby shop to do the chages on the lift. I havent had the car up on the lift or anything at all so I am just wondering if there are any quirks to this car when I comes to changing the oil. Is everything very accesible or do you have to be a contortionist to get to the oil filter? I may be wrong but I thought I read on here somewhere that there is a plate that needs to be removed to access the filter. is this true?. Anyways thanks for any info in advance.
Old 02-11-2006 | 11:25 AM
tropicalypso

Under the engine there is a plastic protective panel that you will have to remove. All you will need to remove it is an 11mm socket and a flat blade screwdriver. Once off, the oil filter is very accessible.
Old 02-11-2006 | 11:26 AM
XtaZee

OIL CHANGE 101
Old 02-11-2006 | 11:42 AM
Tenac1ousZ

Originally Posted by lottness
Whats up guys well like stated above its going to be time to change the oil in the Z here soon and I usually use the base hobby shop to do the chages on the lift. I havent had the car up on the lift or anything at all so I am just wondering if there are any quirks to this car when I comes to changing the oil. Is everything very accesible or do you have to be a contortionist to get to the oil filter? I may be wrong but I thought I read on here somewhere that there is a plate that needs to be removed to access the filter. is this true?. Anyways thanks for any info in advance.
Yes, you'll need to take the front underbody off to change the filter. Since you have a lift, you could just unbolt halt of the right side and pull it down far enought to take the filter out, without having oil driping on the underbody. It's a good idea to drain the oil, then unscew the filter and let the rest of the oil drain out before you cap the plug. When putting things back, I use threatlock on those small bolts, because some of them have come loose after time, and one has fallen out. Other than that, it's easy. By the way, are you chaning the oil in a military base?
Old 02-11-2006 | 02:28 PM
lottness

Yeah changing the oil here on base. Why do you ask?
Old 02-12-2006 | 01:35 AM
Z33GRIP

All I gotta say is...dip stick...I HATE IT!! Whoever designed that things is an idiot.
Old 02-12-2006 | 01:41 AM
imseksy

^^ seriously... that dip stick was designed by a dip stick. never knew checking oil level had to be a little stressful
Old 02-12-2006 | 05:05 AM
welles

Originally Posted by lottness
Gosh, what a fascinatingly original question. No one has EVER asked this before.

DO A SEARCH.