Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Whats the fastest 350Z (with modded factory engine)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 09:11 PM
V604mustangjoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the fastest 350Z (with modded factory engine)

Whats the fastest 350Z 1/4 mile time known of? Stipulations being, the engine block is stock, no v8 or any funny business. Just curious to know. Although i dont own a 350z, i do like them. Fastest one i could find online was 11.8, just felt like that is probably not THE fastest one out there.

I am curious b/c i am talking with some of my fellow v6 ford guys in possibly considering to invite you guys to one of our events, maybe if a fwe of you guys would want to come to a v6 challenge. We currently have v6 ford only cars, and the last event we had a few chevy v6 camaros come. I thought that maybe it'd be cool to get some other comparable cars to come as well like the 350zs, so its fair competition with no v8es.

Last edited by V604mustangjoe; 03-27-2006 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:16 PM
ActionJackson

erm... I don't think I've ever seen a stock Z run 11.8... never ever not even on its best day.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:17 PM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

a non forced induction engine with mods you might see very low 13s
Old 03-27-2006, 09:40 PM
V604mustangjoe

What i meant by stock/factory block is that the engine was modded but not a complete aftermarket crate engine such as a Q45 V8 or some other non nissan motor. The only stipulation being the block is stock, throw on whatever yuo want, turbo, supercharger , nitrous, forged pistons crank anything, but the block just has to be stock.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:46 PM
V604mustangjoe

I am curious b/c i am talking with some of my fellow v6 ford guys in possibly considering to invite you guys to one of our events, maybe if a fwe of you guys would want to come to a v6 challenge. We currently have v6 ford only cars, and the last event we had a few chevy v6 camaros come. I thought that maybe it'd be cool to get some other comparable cars to come as well like the 350zs, so its fair competition with no v8es.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Subscribing... I want Alberto to race you guys.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:50 PM
V604mustangjoe

what does alberto run?

we have a heads up race champ (fastest car)
for n/a class, and power adder class, then we have a bracket series.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:53 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by V604mustangjoe
what does alberto run?

we have a heads up race champ (fastest car)
for n/a class, and power adder class, then we have a bracket series.
'Berto is pretty quick, sorry I don't remember his times off the top of my head. I think he just went turbo recently.

BTW love the new Mustangs. I was thinking about trading in my G for the new Cobra, but might get a house instead.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:56 PM
V604mustangjoe

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
'Berto is pretty quick, sorry I don't remember his times off the top of my head. I think he just went turbo recently.

BTW love the new Mustangs. I was thinking about trading in my G for the new Cobra, but might get a house instead.
yea a house is more useful, but i like to say you can always sleep in your car but you cant drive your house lol.

Oh i just checked up on alberto's time, 11s, pretty good. I think this should be a really good competition with nissan v6es and ford v6es.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Do they have FI kits for the new gen mustang v6's?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:04 PM
V604mustangjoe

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Do they have FI kits for the new gen mustang v6's?

we have a few supercharged ones runnign around, making really good numbers, however the vast majority of the power lies in the old 3.8 push rod 94-04 v6 stangs. The 05 SOHC engine has potential but it has a lot of quarks in it that we gotta figure out. right now the fastest 05+ v6 i've seen power wise is 400 rwhp supercharged. We have yet to turbo one yet (that i know of). Our turbo 3.8 v6es have run 10.3 @ 129 mph best time so far.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:07 PM
V604mustangjoe

with just a tune and intake as well as a few other small things, justin (our tuning god) has made 250 rwtq and 220-230ish rwhp. ( i can give you exacts if you want)
Old 03-27-2006, 10:47 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

i've seen a couple of Z's do 8s on the 1/4 mile but i dont kno if it fits what you're looking for..
Old 03-27-2006, 10:48 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
i've seen a couple of Z's do 8s on the 1/4 mile but i dont kno if it fits what you're looking for..
Oh please share. Because I haven't seen this.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:04 PM
V604mustangjoe

i think the 350z is more in our competition zone since you guys have been tinkering as long as we have with our 3.8es (well serious tinkering that is). The older zs like the 300s and such have been around a lot longer, if we invite them, then we ought to invite the buick grand national boys too. I'd like to make it a more fair of a match. The 350z has been out since 2003, the v6 mustang since 94 (new era) but no one really messed with them till recently, and i dont think we went turbo till 2004. But sure go ahead and bring other v6 zes too. HAS TO BE A STOCK NISSAN v6 block though, thats our main and only stipulation.

also i'd prefer rwd cars, but they do have the occasional fwd cars. i know all Zes were made the right way, rwd way.

Last edited by V604mustangjoe; 03-27-2006 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:33 PM
HDPDZO6

http://www.autoblog.com/2005/11/03/a...make-you-barf/
Old 03-27-2006, 11:46 PM
V604mustangjoe

ah i see, you want funny cars, we'll give you funny cars lol we got a v6 somewhere on this planet with a ford 3.8 motor in it that makes a gob of power like that too, but that car is sick you showed me, we are looking at more, how do you say it, "STREETABLE" cars lol. We also have the 4.5 litre SVO v6 from 500 BC (aka 80s) that makes loads of power too.

I'd like to keep it to small business to personally financed home made to small business built cars. Stock chassis, and stock engine BLOCKS, heads, cams, valves, turbos, superchargers, gigle gas, superchargers, roots blowers, and just about anything else beside rocket engines and jet engines are allowed. Also only one engine per vehicle. any tranny you want, gear vendors, whatever you want you can do it. Just stock block( THE ACTUAL BLOCK PART NOT THE SHORT BLOCK or the LONG BLOCK BUT BIG HUNK OF ALUMINUM WITH NISSAN STAMPED ON IT BLOCK) , and stock chassis, suspension can be upgraded, subframes can be added anything, no crazy *** bodies made of rice paper and bamboo that weigh 50 lbs lol (i've seen like 800 lbs civics with plastic bodies at the track before)

you can take seats out, and any other minor weight stripping (we don't do this to our cars but we could if wanted to i suppose), i mean seats taken out is one thing, but like plastic windows and crap, thats just ridiculous.

but yea, this should be really fun, i love the whole import vs. domestic aspect to it, plus these cars both have a legacy.

pistons can be upgraded, cranks, rods, anything in the block, but not the big hunk of metal block itself can be swapped. cams, springs any part besides the block and the basic components of a car like windows cant be plastic. We want streetlegable (means it might not pass all the laws to drive on the street but no one would ever know)

Last edited by V604mustangjoe; 03-27-2006 at 11:50 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:52 PM
HDPDZO6

There is supposedly an 8 second Z out there somewhere. I'm looking to see if I can locate a video.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:53 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
There is supposedly an 8 second Z out there somewhere. I'm looking to see if I can locate a video.
BTW, the link I provided, even though a funny car is still using a gasoline powered stock block VQ. Although it isn't streetable.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:42 AM
V604mustangjoe

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
BTW, the link I provided, even though a funny car is still using a gasoline powered stock block VQ. Although it isn't streetable.
thats real impresive. nice, the VQ, that still 3.5 litre v6? or is it the v8, i thought i saw that a while ago with the Q45 engine in it?

yea i'd like to see the 8 sec one. We are bound to push 9s anymonth now, just the guy with the fastest car just got done and has to pratice, he is trapping 135+ right now, so it should be anyday now. Also our best n/a record is 11.8 secs (broke the record this weekend), it was in a fox body car though, modern v6 pushrod however. Mind you we have no major companies doing anything for us, its basicly small at home ran businesses all for fun hobbyst more than huge companies. Our turbo kits are made by a guy named andy, our tuning by a guy named justin, our heads by a man named tom (all stock heads with mods done to them like valves and cncing), we do have a few aftermarket parts like headers and thats about it. Our turbo headers are made by the andy guy, and ofcourse we use good old mitsu, garette, or some other brand turbo with turbonetics components moddified to work on our cars. There is no large brand direect bolt on turbo kits. Procharger makes a SC kit that is hardly a DIY kit (gotta customize some things to make it work right), vortech did make a kit and engine in their 38 special car (was sold on ebay a while ago).

We do have one impressive record i forgot to mention. Justin (the tuning god) took a stock 2000 automatic v6 mustang. Slapped on a stronger rear end (8.8 with LSD), modded the valve body in the transmission ( a few holes here and there), upgraded hte fuel pump, upgraded the injectors, through in a high stall converter, then through on twin mitsu 16g turbos, ran a nice tune on it and made a 10.996 sec 1/4 mile with only those mods. So basicly stock motor+ turbo kit and new rear end. This was all on stock internals. We use hypereutectic pistons, cast rods and crank, all were stock in this car. 9.34:1 compression (stock), and the car used 17 psi of boost. No nitrous nothing but the turbo and stock motor, oh a custom IC ofcourse.

Our 11.8 sec naturally aspirated v6 is pretty fun to watch too, it broke the record on accident b/c its a nitrous beast car, and their nitrous broke and they had to race n/a.

The chevy guys are a little behind us, they are running 12 flats with their fastest guy's turbo car, but they have even less support than we do as their cars are rarer, and the LS1 that much bigger of an upgrade for them to entice them out of their v6es.

I did read about the 8 sec one somewhere, it isnt streetable though, although we'll still welcome it to the event :-), that'd be sick to see!

Last edited by V604mustangjoe; 03-28-2006 at 12:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Whats the fastest 350Z (with modded factory engine)