Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's the best compliment you have gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 10:44 AM
jasabeast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was that the little hatck back ones or is that the Ti.. my friend has like a E36 318ti and i wasnt about the looks of it... i heard they are sick when you put an m3 motors in them lol
Old 05-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Mikie13

Originally Posted by jasabeast
was that the little hatck back ones or is that the Ti.. my friend has like a E36 318ti and i wasnt about the looks of it... i heard they are sick when you put an m3 motors in them lol
yeah the hatch was the Ti. Mine was the standard 3 sedan. Things were ***** slow, but good cars. But an M3 swap was a pretty common thing to do with those hatches because they handled reaaaaaaally well and were very light compared to the other E36 bodies. Put that power in, Dinan supercharger and you were FLYING.

The coolest thing I saw was a E39 M5 swap into an E36 IS (standard coupe) body. Now that thing would have some serious *****.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:53 PM
jasabeast

lol i want a E30 and slam it then put an m3 motor in it lol.. sitting on some bbs's looks insane
Old 05-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Septic

Originally Posted by jasabeast
lol i want a E30 and slam it then put an m3 motor in it lol.. sitting on some bbs's looks insane
+1
Old 05-10-2009, 11:42 AM
jasabeast

**** will be quick as hell lol
Old 05-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 350SL
Around 9pm last night a car pulled next to me on the passenger side, rolled the window down and was just staring. I rolled down the window to see what was up and he said I love your car. Not realizing what he was driving, I said thanks your not looking to bad your self.
He compliments your car, so you compliment him?

Ghey
Old 05-10-2009, 03:14 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

I think the best compliments are never worded. This morning on the way to the gym, a woman in the passenger seat of her family's SUV was rubbernecking at my Z. Then after that, I went to the gas station where some old guy was walking past and checking out the car. I thought he was going to bump into the door of the station before turning his head around.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whenever I let my wife take my car to work, she always gets compliments from other dudes. I'm not letting her take my car anymore.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:39 AM
XV8Crisis

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
Whenever I let my wife take my car to work, she always gets compliments from other dudes. I'm not letting her take my car anymore.
at least you know your wife is still lookin good?
Old 05-11-2009, 07:07 AM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by XV8Crisis
at least you know your wife is still lookin good?
I think they're complimenting the car, being that the compiments only stem from when she drives the car to work.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:52 AM
XV8Crisis

BUT... would you say nice car to some *** ugly chick? or would you just think it?
Old 05-17-2009, 05:09 PM
wolfb21

i almost always have someone say nice brakes. which i shrug and say thanks. i think its the only thing thats still stock on my track package z.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:07 PM
DFW 350G

I gotta say, when I first saw this thread, I was about one week shy of purchasing my Z and was somewhat surprised by how many compliments were being recieved. I mean, I had a CLEAN IS300 (still have a place in my heart for the 2JZ, but the VQ is doing its best to make me forget about my daydreams of a 2JZ-GTE) when it was still new, and have had 3 brand spankin new Mercedes (work for 'em), and NEVER got one person to actually say anything to me about my car....That was till the Z. I have had it for about 2 weeks and have already had about 5 people come up to me and talk to me about the car.

First was a young kid walking out of a grocery store asking me if it was the 370 ....he was driving a stock mustang and looked to be somewhat wet behind the ears so I decided to let it slide and just admit that it was just a humble 350Z.

The very same day another guy at a tire shop asked me if it was the 2008 or 2009, to which I replied..."Uh, na, just an 03 but only 45,000 miles so its still in good shape", he looked like I was speaking Greek and just walked away .

I guess I'll get used to it but now I understand why there are 70 something PAGES of stories and counting.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Shadrackc

In the last week:
This is in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, so take that into context. For the few of you who don't know, Winnipeg is located pretty much directly in the center of north america. Population....650,000. Mostly middle class...working people...down to earth. Midwest type of mentality. Real canadians.

So I'm going to Home Depot with my 11 year old daughter to pick up some paint. We park far away as I always do. Nothing against people shopping at home depot, but you usually are in a rush to get something in a flyer, so you don't always watch your doors. I don't mind the walk.
We go in, get the paint, there is an older guy behind us in the line. Pay for it and walk out. I can see as I exit that my car is all alone...except for some old full size gmc van that looks like it has been painted with a brush.
I say to my daughter..."I hate that. There are a zillion spaces in the lot and someone has to park next to me."
She agrees and we cruise through the lot talking about this phenomena and I can hear footsteps behind me. I look back and it is the older guy from the line up.
We keep walking, get to the car and I open the back with the remote and put the paint in and realize that the old guy is the owner of the van.
He walks up to me and says "That is a beautiful car. What year is it?"
"2007" I reply.
"It is so beautiful. That car will appreciate in value."
I had a huge grin on my face, because honestly guys, we bought this car because it is a good looking car. Not a lambo gallardo spider mind you, but pretty good looking and gets a lot of stares.
I told the older guy "It makes a big difference when you keep them clean and I don't drive it when it is raining. Stays in the garage, makes it easy for me to keep it clean and keep in good condition."
He said "That is why I parked close to it because as soon as I turned in I knew I wanted to take a closer look. Thank you." he says and walks to his van and gets in with a smile on his face. Like I had done him a favor.
How cool is that?
Waaay cool I think.
Then yesterday, running to home depot again, I have my 14 year old son. Oh, an aside, if you have kids, they will behave just to cruise with you in your cool car. Great bonding item. Now back to home depot. So turning in to park and find an ok space. Saturday it is nuts there. I get out and a guy loading up his truck says "nice car".
I reply "thanks" and again, smile.
My son says "Dad, I knew he would say something. He was watching you as soon as you pulled in the lot, I was watching him."
"That's pretty cool, eh?" I ask him.
"Yup. Everybody at my school thinks you have the coolest car."
Gets my son some points at high school I think. I'm ok with that.
Anyways, those were the two I had in the last week.

Last edited by Shadrackc; 05-17-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:04 AM
411Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was pulling into the movie theatre parking lot last week and there was a nice azz mercedes behind me. he parked next to me. when we got out of the car he says, "nice fu**in car dude, you got that thing soundin like a porshe!" i just smiled and said thanks.

everyone gives me a playfully hard time at work because they all think im rich.

i find it so amazing the things that people think about this car, and how they compare it to cars so far above this price range. but looking back to before i bought my Z, i realize that i never thought i could afford one lol.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:35 AM
jasabeast

Last friday night i was at McDonalds with one of my friends. We walk out to our cars and talking before we pulled away. This POS junkie walks in front of my car smiles and gives me two thumbs up. I was like uh ok haha, so my friend then pulls off and the fing junkiw comes up to my window.. At this point im like great this **** head is gonna do something dumb. He asked where a phone was i said i dont have mine on me and check mcdonalds. He starts cusing me out called me a rich little ****. i was like ok he then shows me his tatooes and tells me he was in jail for 10yrs and then goes you want me to jack your nice car.. i was like WTF!!! so i just pulled away fast and he flipped me off. HAHA

So i guess it was a compliment that went to the ******* quickly haha.. What a night i had
Old 05-18-2009, 10:41 AM
ZBigDog

I went to an interview so parked at an unknown area...in those cases I always go for nice corner spot out of the way...

When I came back there were 2 cars parked right around me...an SL 55 and an SC430...the SC driver was getting out, and said looking at the benzo "We ONLY park by OTHER amazing cars".....hahaha thought it was funny considering my 03 with 70k miles is worth maybe 3 payments of what the benz is worth yet is still considered as amazing

also a couple weeks ago i was stopped at a cross walk and a little kid was crossing with her parents, holding her hand...she slowed down to pass the Z and gazed at it mouth open..pointing...to the point where her dad had to turn around to get her so as not to drag her..ahahha

oh yeah and one time a bum told me "it must be nice to have a porchse!"....so i bought him dinner at a corner restaurant....
Old 05-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Darkpath

I have an 06 ZR and while I have a number of exterior mods nothing really out of the ordinary 'body kit' wise... that detracts from the original look. But I have deleted nearly all the original emblems and replaced them with AMs. So I guess the only thing I could add to the range of comments would be the casual... "Sweet Ride" often heard when getting gas, or some other short stop - at a place where people gather... But I couldn't help chuckling the other day... We were on the freeway - it was a parking lot because of an accident up ahead.. Top up/Windows down, only inching forward, making our way to the exit for a day long wine festival event... At one point two women find themselves along side and the passenger leans out as asks... Who makes that car? Knowing she couldn't really tell because my mods had eliminated all Nissan logos.. I told her so seriously.... Martians..

I think one of the best compliment a modder can receive is "What is it?" and when you tell them its a Nissan - they respond - its soooooooooo cool....
Old 05-18-2009, 06:43 PM
quiksilverx181

So last night i was stopped at a major intersection here in the OC. Now, being in the OC, common sense would say that my car would simply blend in with the hordes of BMWs, Mercedes, Acuras, Lexus, and the various other luxury vehicles. However, in the last two days, I have gotten at least 3 out of the ordinary compliments for my stock 08 Z.

The first one was probably at 2 in the morning, Saturday night. I was dressed nicely after finishing a date, and i was stopped at the said intersection above. An Acura RL with 4 passengers pulls up next to me and the passenger rolls down his window and shouts "IS THAT A 370?" I just replied no. He shouts back "REALLY? I GOT AN 06 AND YOURS LOOKS SICK." I simply shook my head because if he really owned an 06, he should have known right away.

Second one happened when i was washing my car on my driveway. It was like 7pm, sun was going down, and most of the elderly neighbors were out waking their dogs. One lady walks up to me (dog almost took a chunk out of my leg) and says "Wow, that is a very pretty car. Is it a Lexus?" (Again, i had a confused look on my face from that one)

Third was a guy at mcdonalds. I was getting an iced coffee late at night, and the guy at the window says "thats a fukn gnarly ride man". I just said thanks, and he proceeds to say "I wrapped up your iced coffee in napkins so that it doesnt get on your beautiful ride".

That was a nice compliment. I have also noticed that when my friend is riding with me, he always says "Those people are staring at us." I just tell him no, their staring at the car.

Nice car to have.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Shadrackc

350's are way sexier looking than they 370. Curved vs angular. Like I stated before, glad that Nissan made the changes they did. I was more worried about being jealous than anything else, and when I started to see them, I stopped worrying.

Quick Reply: What's the best compliment you have gotten?