Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's the best compliment you have gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 06:24 AM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by plg3rd
what's also funny is that people think the Z is faster than what it really is lol. for the people that don't know anything about cars they think my Z can beat anything............thats when i stand there and keep my mouth shut lol.
or maybe when people think the car cost twice as much as it really does.."Oh man that thing cost like $70k.."

me: uh yea, its not cheap (in my head Im thinking....oookkkk this person couldnt be more uninformed about vehicles)
Old 04-17-2009, 06:26 AM
TopNotch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vick781
Whats the best compliment you gotten ? how many do you get a day?

About the Z
"nice porsche"

about once a week, people really like the Lemans Sunset i think
Old 04-21-2009, 03:16 PM
AUS10TAT10US

Middle-aged man with a white M6 rolls down his windows while we're cruising and gives me thumbs up. I would've thought people driving expensive Bimmers would be really snobby, but this guy was cool and seemed to be a fellow enthusiast. That made my day.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Koozer

I was at the bank and a lady was like "nicee car! Is that a porsche?"

felt good lol
Old 04-21-2009, 04:40 PM
bloodwings19

Originally Posted by Spork
I do the same thing. Or pick up my phone and make it look like I'm doing something. This prevents me from staring back at them and causing an awkward moment.
Holy @#$#, I thought I was the only one doing that. Most of the time, I just focused on driving not looking for looks which probaly some think I'm a stuck up- lol. At gas stations, when I'm pumping gas I would see some guys staring at my car, usually I just stare at the gas pump meter, or stare at my phones. When someone gives compliments I usually say it's my brother's. My car is nicknamed, "Bumblebee," by my neighbor's kid who says it when I pass by, I believe he got the name from the Transformers movie. I guess that kid at his age is car blind, not color blind.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys will like this one.

My wife and I went to the Oregon Tulip Festival today. We took the Z of course since it was 75 and sunny. On the dirt road through the farm we were passing through a small crowd of people and drove by a mini-bus from a local retirement center. An old lady with a walker shouted, "I love your car" as I drove by.

THAT is the kind of compliment I get. You guys who say women take their clothes off and start riding your shifter are all crazy.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Three Fifty Z

In total I get quite a few compliments, both males and females, some are people in their 30s and 40s, some are the same age as me, and some are in their 20s. I get more compliments on my car from males than females, but overall I love it, my car is 2 years old, which is not old at all but when I get it washed and make it all shiny and nice, people just turn their heads when they see it. The most compliments I get are at night, because my pearl white looks just amazing under the street lights, a week ago at a gas station some guy was like "that's probably best color you can choose for that car.." though I know most people on here won't agree, but I love my white Z. My friend has a 335 Coupe, but he gets no compliments at all because the car just blends it with the rest, though I loooove 335s.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Modrummer

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
You guys will like this one.

My wife and I went to the Oregon Tulip Festival today. We took the Z of course since it was 75 and sunny. On the dirt road through the farm we were passing through a small crowd of people and drove by a mini-bus from a local retirement center. An old lady with a walker shouted, "I love your car" as I drove by.

THAT is the kind of compliment I get. You guys who say women take their clothes off and start riding your shifter are all crazy.
LOL! wow that is amazing!
Old 04-23-2009, 10:11 AM
vektra

Where I work a guy has a red Aston Martin vantage I have a redline Z, the week I bought the car I was told it looked like (insert AM owners)'s car
Old 04-23-2009, 02:59 PM
XV8Crisis

Originally Posted by L. Baggins
Some asian girl came up to me near a local pizzeria where I was waiting for someone and said "God I love your G, that's so hot...thank god you didn't get the Nissan Civic!" I am like what? Nissan Civic? girl goes "The 350Z, everyone has one! So played out, its the Nissan Civic!" LOL
lol this is not true for the Atlanta area, there are about 3409687 G's to every 2 or 3 Z's. seems like eeeeeverybody has a G
Old 04-23-2009, 03:45 PM
CadGeek

I get "Nice Porsche" alot too. I live in a redneck town though.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:29 PM
TJGILROY

"that a nissan v8???" at a gas station
Old 04-24-2009, 07:22 AM
dinon

I was at the tire shop getting a tire replaced under warranty. The guys were just finishing up so I was looking through the window to make sure that they got it off the lift ok. This lady with her 2 kids go up to the window and go "Hmm what kind of car is that? A Nissan... umm... Nissan....." and I say "It's a Nissan 350Z m'am" ... she says "Wow... that car has style AND class..."

Damn right.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:47 AM
ReelBigAndy

more of a behavior, but on my way to myrtle beach I took a shortcut through a rural South Carolina town, and the people just stared at me like my car was on fire. I was at a light and a kid on his porch ran in to get his friends to come and see it. the light turned green but i waited a few more secs until they came out becuase I'm nice like that.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Redline_Burner

Originally Posted by TJGILROY
"that a nissan v8???" at a gas station
I get the V8 question all the time too. No one can figure out "i've never heard a V6 that sounds like that!"
Old 04-24-2009, 12:02 PM
rjv5490

Default valet

I work as a valet and it was the end of the night. I was sitting in the car with a buddy of mine waiting for people to come out of the party. One guy comes out and we get out and get his car. He goes to me " I shouldn't even tip you, your car is nicer than mine." He was driving a BMW
Old 04-24-2009, 12:41 PM
jasabeast

Originally Posted by rjv5490
I work as a valet and it was the end of the night. I was sitting in the car with a buddy of mine waiting for people to come out of the party. One guy comes out and we get out and get his car. He goes to me " I shouldn't even tip you, your car is nicer than mine." He was driving a BMW
The Z speaks for herself... lol
Honestly sometimes when i get out the car walking inside my house ill turn around and just stare at the Z....
Old 04-24-2009, 06:29 PM
pizzato16

i was at a gas station and there was a kid there with his dad and he askewd his dad if my car was a ferarri. the dad said no thats a nissan and the kid said how he really liked the car. That has always made me smile.

Recently, I was behind a van and there were some teens in the back taking pictures of my car while we were at a red light. I tried to hide my face but let them take all the pics they wanted. was pretty cool.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:56 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ultimate compliment to my car comes from me. EVERY time I go somewhere, when I get out and head inside, I always look back.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:41 AM
BeeAyche

Yea, i dunno what it iz, but so far i've only gotten compliments from Old ladies, and Guys of all ages...

But the looks i get is what makes my day.. Stares from the pops to be in a Lexus IS, Or the looks of my brother's peers at his High School when i pick him up, driving pass the "cool" kids in the 99.9% fiberglass 10hp civics lol!!

I think the only compliments that i get from average women below 45 only come after they are already on the car in the form of "Oh nice leather"....

Quick Reply: What's the best compliment you have gotten?