Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's the best compliment you have gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't get compliments from guys much, but I'm ok with that. I find it a little creepy. Like some guy standing at the urinal next to you, looking over and saying, "Dude, that's a sweet cack!" I'll pass.

If a girl says something, I'm cool with that. They're usually pulling social security checks, though. Old ladies love nice cars.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Lento

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
I don't get compliments from guys much, but I'm ok with that. I find it a little creepy. Like some guy standing at the urinal next to you, looking over and saying, "Dude, that's a sweet cack!" I'll pass.

If a girl says something, I'm cool with that. They're usually pulling social security checks, though. Old ladies love nice cars.
^Lol thats true, most complements I get are from old ladys being like "OOO thats a nice car you got there"

Most of the time its some Ford Focus or Chevy Celebrity with 6 kids crammed in tailgating the crap out of me, weaving in and out of lanes shouting things.

I kind of use it as an oppurtunity go get on the gas a little and get the hell away from them as I see them try to keep up in the rearview mirror, especially on Storrow Drive. Its nice because the road is so twisty you dont have to speed, you just let the Z flow through the turns while the Focus goes veering off the road.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:23 AM
eckeryi

Got complimented by a 60 year old lady driving a blue 07 STi in a trader joes parking lot.
I was more impressed with her car to be honest, and we had a conversation about her car on our way to the store.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Lento

Originally Posted by eckeryi
Got complimented by a 60 year old lady driving a blue 07 STi in a trader joes parking lot.
I was more impressed with her car to be honest, and we had a conversation about her car on our way to the store.
^Ha thats awesome
Old 05-20-2009, 01:33 AM
jerry_2612

Originally Posted by Shadrackc
350's are way sexier looking than they 370. Curved vs angular. Like I stated before, glad that Nissan made the changes they did. I was more worried about being jealous than anything else, and when I started to see them, I stopped worrying.
Very true, you can talk about how much better the interior and performance is, (and it is) but the 350 looks better.

I don't get too many compliments aside from the odd kid yelling out "nice car". But as a 22year old with a Z and a house, I avoid flaunting what I have because I just don't want to meet people that way. If a girl was keen on me because of my car she's not my kind of girl. I tell people I work noon til late in a pizza shop, and if they want to get to know me after that then they can find out what years of hard work has gotten me.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:06 AM
Shadrackc

Good for you. I was lucky if I owned a hot wheels car at 22. Performance is better stock....yes. But you do a few things such as exhaust, intakes, change the suspension around, and you don't really have much difference, especially when you are talking about 26HP difference.
As for interior...that would depend on taste. I like "all black". I like a real fuel gauge. Now having the rear strut moved would have been nice!
Old 05-20-2009, 05:14 AM
kno

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts

"mommy look a Ferrari"
Old 05-20-2009, 05:19 AM
J350z101

Pulled up at a busy intersection with a friend pretty late in the evening.. Had a girl run up to my window and tell me she loved my car and if she could have it for a day.. lol
Old 05-20-2009, 10:48 AM
I DTW I

Default G35 story.

Hi all, I just registered, and I hope to get a 350Z this August! It will be my first car (I've been saving since High school for it).

But I do have a story about my Aunt's G35. We were driving on the high way and doing about 65 in the right lane, and this idiot ford pickup driver behind us was being very rude and was tailgating us very dangerously....until we got onto the exit ramp which is a VERY curvy and winding road, and we floored it and our car handled the twists in the road perfectly, and the pickup was trying to catch us, but ended up in the ditch!! Lol Pickup truck handling FTL!

After reading ALL of this thread, I can't wait to get my 350Z even more!!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:55 PM
nismogrlracr

I've been having my ppw Nismo for about a month. I had my car parked in front of work and a coworker told me a guy with a car just like mine was staring my car down as he passed. I didn't believe that it was a car just like mine being that I haven't seen any ppw Nismo's in my area, just a couple red ones. She then told me the personalized license plate on the other car. I soon realized it was the GTR that is in our area. I guess I got a double compliment for her thinking that my car looks similar to a GTR and that the owner of the GTR was checking out my car!
Old 05-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Redline_Burner

Originally Posted by I DTW I
Hi all, I just registered, and I hope to get a 350Z this August! It will be my first car (I've been saving since High school for it).
Not to be a hater, but a 350Z is not a good first car. You'll end up putting it in a ditch. Too much power unless you have experience, and sometimes even then it's too much.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:52 PM
Z33_kid

Girl--- aww i love your car its so cute
Old 05-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Ronin82

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some dumb broad telling me how she loves my car,... all in all, it lead to me banging her for a couple of weeks!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 03:15 PM
jasabeast

Originally Posted by Ronin82
some dumb broad telling me how she loves my car,... all in all, it lead to me banging her for a couple of weeks!!!
Big pimpin over here... So how bad are you itching?
Old 05-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Shadrackc

LOL. Dumb broad...so I bang her for a couple of weeks. Glad to see that chivalry is alive and well in the District of Columbia.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Ronin82

Originally Posted by jasabeast
Big pimpin over here... So how bad are you itching?
...ooooh you got me!!!

I dont believe in chivalry, I believe in civility. chivalry only means I'm polite solely based on your gender(female), which is stupid. treat people people the way they deserve regardless of gender. Thats another discussion though!

....she didn't deserve to be treated well if you knew her either!!!

Last edited by Ronin82; 05-21-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:56 PM
I DTW I

Originally Posted by Redline_Burner
Not to be a hater, but a 350Z is not a good first car. You'll end up putting it in a ditch.
Well it'll be the first car of my own I mean. I've been driving my dad's Chevy Malibu since I had my license. I'm a safe driver, (perfect record) and I'm gonna keep it that way. I'm not the type of guy who'd ever do anything stupid behind the wheel, cuz I've seen what can happen.

I'm a sophomore now, hopefully this car will last through law school (I wonder how much pre-owned GT-Rs will be in 2015?) I just can't wait to see the reaction I get when I drive my new car around campus...I'll be writing on the complement post everyday lol.

Last edited by I DTW I; 05-21-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Shadrackc

Good to see someone excited. I love mine. Some people complain about the interior. I like it. I love the way mine shifts and the sound of my exhaust when I decide to open it up a bit in second or third.
People gawk. Honestly. At a light my kids and I count how many people rubberneck as they go by.
Big thing is keep it clean. When mine is glowing, which is pretty much all the time, it looks so much better. Some I have seen aren't clean and don't stand out as much.
Glad to see someone excited to own one. I was and still am.
Good for you, and you seem like you are responsible enough to realize the value of keeping it in good shape. ie not driving the crap out of it.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Ronin82

Originally Posted by Shadrackc
Some people complain about the interior.

I've heard that a lot that people don't like it, but I actually prefer it cause its easy upkeep, plus I think it looks good too.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:53 AM
Shadrackc

Easy upkeep. Doesn't look...tacky I guess is the best word I can come up with. Some of the things on the 370 look good, but then a couple of things look like afterthoughts and ruin it.
Best compliment I had that way was my lawyer, big BMW/Porche owner. Went from a 645i to a 06 Carerra 4 recently and when I first gave him a ride he commented on the interior of the Z and how he really liked it.

Quick Reply: What's the best compliment you have gotten?