Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's the best compliment you have gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 12:35 PM
im Z king

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get compliments almost on a daily basis, all ages males and females, stopping by where I work taking pictures of my car, but the best one I had was when me and my wife went to Nevada for our 3 year anniversary, and when we went to Raleys store, as we walking into the store I look back at my Z and there was 2 granpas and 3 grandmas checking out my car going "wow". 1 granma was looking inside the car, other granpa was on his knees checking out my exhaust and the rear lip, the other ones were just walking around the car.... I stood there for good 3-4 minnutes watching them checking out my car and i was laughing..
Old 04-29-2009, 09:14 PM
abeklipse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by im Z king
other granpa was on his knees checking out my exhaust and the rear lip

LOL
Old 04-29-2009, 09:56 PM
nismozracer

My town only has about 60,000 people that live here maybe a few more but my z is one of three that has much of anything done to it here. I'm all the time having people come up to me asking if I'm the guy that drives that red z and then they go on for a few minutes about how much they like it. It feel's good getting compliments even with a slightly modded z. I guess It's better to be known by my car than not to be known at all.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Bumble Z

for some reason i get that v8 question all the time but i aint seen a import with a 8 cylinder besides a truck v8's are american muscle
Old 04-30-2009, 06:25 AM
XV8Crisis

Originally Posted by Bumble Z
for some reason i get that v8 question all the time but i aint seen a import with a 8 cylinder besides a truck v8's are american muscle
compare our engines to other 6 cylinder engines that American cars have, if they ever did make an 8cylinder engine I'm sure it would have a lot of bang
Old 04-30-2009, 10:29 AM
350SL

Around 9pm last night a car pulled next to me on the passenger side, rolled the window down and was just staring. I rolled down the window to see what was up and he said I love your car. Not realizing what he was driving, I said thanks your not looking to bad your self. When the light turned green he took off. It was the loudest fastest thing I have ever seen, 09' GT-R! Tried to keep up, but it was like there was cement in my tires.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:48 PM
v0lc0m|350z

I was driving and there was a guy who claimed he was blind, but after I drove by, he said my sexy *** CAR gave him sight again , I guess that is a good compliment.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:37 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Drive-up windows are the worst. Most common remark . . . I love your car . . . . I get off work at _____(time).
Old 05-01-2009, 07:41 PM
rnalecz

Some kid in a GTO gave me the thumbs up before he completely destroyed/obliverated my car from stop.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rnalecz
Some kid in a GTO gave me the thumbs up before he completely destroyed/obliverated my car from stop.
On the bright side, he was driving a GTO and you weren't.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:51 PM
rnalecz

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
On the bright side, he was driving a GTO and you weren't.
Yeah, thats not as bad as my brother in his c6 corvette racing a Mercedes R-Class Minivan. To our surprise the damn minivan was with us, all the way to 100 mph! later on we realized thats the AMG version of the R class with 500 hp hahaha
Old 05-01-2009, 08:47 PM
XV8Crisis

i was bringing my wife some dinner at work today and as i pulled away from the house some girl shouted that she'd give me a quickie to get to ride in the car... first time that's happened
Old 05-01-2009, 11:04 PM
350ZTheStandard

Originally Posted by XV8Crisis
i was bringing my wife some dinner at work today and as i pulled away from the house some girl shouted that she'd give me a quickie to get to ride in the car... first time that's happened
Post up the pics, sounds like the wife will have to fend for herself for dinner tonite.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Pics are necessary.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Shadrackc

Ok, here is the setup.

Ex wife stepped out with one of my friends oh about 6 years ago, so out she went.
Two years ago I get my Z. She has seen it but not ridden in it.
Last year, I get married again to someone both younger than her, better looking, and who is thinner than her. (That always gets the ex ticked!)
Last week I had to have a chat with her about the loser boyfriend she is seeing because I have primary custody of my two kids and they don't like him.
I tell her to get in the car, and she is so happy to get a ride finally. Once she gets in she realizes that we are about to have a chat, so we are driving down the main drag here in Winnipeg about 10 at night.
She is quiet, looking out the window, tinted of course, and she says "Do you know that everyone looks at your car?"
"Yup", I reply, "kind of like how people used to look at my wife years ago when she wasn't used."
She didn't say a word after that and took my lecture without saying a word.
Priceless.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:12 PM
jZ08

Default My neighbor of 17 years bowed down in his yard

He was on both knees, bowed down with both hands on the ground when I drove it in my garage.

The other one was that my father-in-law (cool dude) thought it cost $60K.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
The ultimate compliment to my car comes from me. EVERY time I go somewhere, when I get out and head inside, I always look back.

I feel like a loser for doing it though. A few ex gf's called me out on it and ask me why I always look back.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Flick Montana

Originally Posted by Spork

I feel like a loser for doing it though. A few ex gf's called me out on it and ask me why I always look back.
My wife always calls me on it. I can't help it. It's a sexy car.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:42 PM
350ZTheStandard

Originally Posted by Shadrackc
Ok, here is the setup.

Ex wife stepped out with one of my friends oh about 6 years ago, so out she went.
Two years ago I get my Z. She has seen it but not ridden in it.
Last year, I get married again to someone both younger than her, better looking, and who is thinner than her. (That always gets the ex ticked!)
Last week I had to have a chat with her about the loser boyfriend she is seeing because I have primary custody of my two kids and they don't like him.
I tell her to get in the car, and she is so happy to get a ride finally. Once she gets in she realizes that we are about to have a chat, so we are driving down the main drag here in Winnipeg about 10 at night.
She is quiet, looking out the window, tinted of course, and she says "Do you know that everyone looks at your car?"
"Yup", I reply, "kind of like how people used to look at my wife years ago when she wasn't used."
She didn't say a word after that and took my lecture without saying a word.
Priceless.
You sure are 1 sweet talking PUTo, or maybe your are just being modest that the ex hadn't been around the block many times till after you had broke her in.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:04 AM
dozzer1b

i had a guy ask me at a gas station if that was the factory twin turbo edition, i just looked at him and said "IDK, i just bought it because it was loud", and walked in the station.

Quick Reply: What's the best compliment you have gotten?