Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

You guys werent kidding about the rattles....

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 05:42 AM
devster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zland
If there is any reason I would sell my 350Z it would be over the rattles. I have a number of rattles. Even after taking into the dealer about 8+ times, it still has them all over. My 350Z has a $3000 stereo in it and even with the stereo cranked up, the rattles are still annoying.
I agree 100%. I cannot stand the rattles anymore. I have it at the dealer today to fix axle clicking problems and dash rattles. I swear to god it is the one reason I am going to get rid of it soon. I am hoping that the G35 is pretty much rattle free? I am looking at getting an '05 soon. Anyone know?

Also I am tired of taking my car to Nissan and getting a ride to work in a Nissan Quest with 3 other people who brought in Sentras. Not to be a dick but I am over that. The step up in service will actually be worth it to me. I want a damn loaner when I drop off my Infiniti. So there.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:51 AM
streetracer

Same here, dash rattle, although it is barely noticieable. Also a noise like tac tac tac tac coming from the rear left fender. Yet to find out what they are for. I am not taking it to the dealer for this. Afraid they take the whole thing apart and more rattles come up.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:40 AM
Zbigdoggy

I'm still hoping someone has an answer for my question about the rattle deep in the dash, passanger side, directly below where it says "airbag"

has anyone worked on that portion of the dash? i don't want to start digging around by an airbag till I get some info.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:50 AM
streetracer

Assuming you find out what it is, chances are you still have to disassemble the dash to correct. And co-members experience has been that other rattles will arise because of this.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Zbigdoggy
I'm still hoping someone has an answer for my question about the rattle deep in the dash, passanger side, directly below where it says "airbag"

has anyone worked on that portion of the dash? i don't want to start digging around by an airbag till I get some info.
As far as someone saying " Well this is where the noise is coming from" Its unlikely---The bottom panel comes off and exposes a lot and is held on by clips that snap out and in and a couple screws---Also u have to take out ur cup holder. U do that by sliding a long thin screw driver on the very top till u hit the release and u can pull it out. There will be another screw behind it that has to come out ---Its really simple. Most everything that night be rattling is up there ---Just leave it off for a couple for a couple days
Old 10-18-2006, 10:36 AM
nothingremains

mine doesnt rattle, it just has occasional loud creaks like a rock is hitting it come from the area above the radio
Old 10-18-2006, 10:39 AM
streetracer

Originally Posted by nothingremains
mine doesnt rattle, it just has occasional loud creaks like a rock is hitting it come from the area above the radio
Thats the exact same sound I have on the left rear.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Kabs

WOW i havent checked this thread in a LOOOOOONG time..

I got my rattle fixed at Nissan. The rattle is gone... but the idiots broke one of the plastic vent things that blows air onto your feet.. and made my footrest move around....

If you can fix ur stuff by yourself.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well --weather its motor builds or rattles, I havent taken anything to an outside source in 30 yrs----Things like rattles, if they "rattle" u that much, just take a little common sense and persiverence.
Look at it this way---Its a noise,It has to be caused by something, Go to the source and hunt for it with a vengence. If u get pissed ---Walk away for a while. Point is--- Its there, so it CAN be found. And every time u find one, the next will be easier to find.
Please dont rant on me too hard, but, Dont let the small stuff possess u and give u nightmares. ------Whats life theatening is a PRIORITY, What isnt, but can be heard by the car next to u when u got the stereo blasting, needs to be ADDRESSED, What u can hear constantly and is making it hard to concentrate on a conversation needs to be put on a list for "FUTURE, LOOKING INTO" in the next couple weeks. What is an occasional squeak, Is something to do on a weekend when ur bored just to kill time.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:53 PM
SnakeBitten

Originally Posted by streetracer
Same here, dash rattle, although it is barely noticieable. Also a noise like tac tac tac tac coming from the rear left fender. Yet to find out what they are for. I am not taking it to the dealer for this. Afraid they take the whole thing apart and more rattles come up.

Sounds like you have the axle click tsb....I just had mine fixed by the dealer...So far no new rattles...05 DBZ
Old 10-18-2006, 05:59 PM
angelzhope720

Wow a lot of people have so many rattles. I only experienced rattles after I installed my RSR GTII exhaust w/ helix test pipes.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Ztalker

i stuffed a couple of foam paddings inside my ashtray to stop a constant buzz coming from the center console yesterday and the noise is gone for now.
i thought it was the oem shifter at first but ended up being the ashtray. i'm a happy camper now.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:56 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm up to 38,000 miles & 46 months on my 03 Z with one occasional rattle around the steering wheel. Basically as tight as the day I bought it.

I think the difference might be road conditions. I live in Cali with no snow/ice to screw the roads. I know the few times I've been up around Lake Tahoe where the weather is terrible in the winter the suspension & ride goes to hell.
If driving on those roads often I'm sure I'd have rattles as well.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:28 AM
streetracer

Found the source for the dash rattle. Its the dash top cover just were the a/c air opening is. If you press it with your hand while driving the rattle goes away. One down, one to go.

No snakebitten, its not the axle. I already checked. Thanks anyway.