Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This Is Y The Elders Tell Teenagers Not To Get A Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 11:26 AM
dbasal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sabrefanpc
I completly agree that young people, as an age group, have more idiots willing to race in an unsafe environment. THAT BEING SAID, I don't see how it is an excuse to flame every young person that has interest in a 350Z.

And yes, I am young

Good point. I still do not understand the people that feel this urge to race on a street. It is bad around here though, like I am sure it is in many larger metro areas. Just this past weekend I had about 3 "riced-up" civics fly by me on I-4 doing no less than 90 and zig zagging in and out of normal daytime traffic.

That being said, most people realize how stupid this is as they age and I just hope that the only people that get killed in these things are the drivers that do the racing, but that is not always the case. It is a sad epidemic that is spreading around.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:08 PM
Z_freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cfdemarco
Kids just need to stop and think about what they're doing every once in a while.

From age 18-24 I've owned two LS1 Trans Ams and a 350Z and I have never even been pulled over. Kids just need to be more responsible and realize that a 300HP car is not a racecar.
i like the point but i hate to break it to you, 300hp cars are race cars....thats the issue, can young adults or really anybody for that matter drive them responsibly.....some can , some can't .....
Old 05-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Guinness1880

im 21 and i am getting a z whats so wrong with being young and wanting a hot looking car... i chose the z because i like it not to race...
Old 05-04-2006, 09:36 PM
CatchingMyZ

I am 23 and have my Z. Don't race it on the streets. Even when I had my heavily modded 02 RSX i didn't streat race. It wasn't worth endangering my life or anyone elses. Plus getting ur car seized would not be worth it either. I agree street racing will always be around lets just hope they arn't on the road when we r, and if they r racing its on closed streets. Let them endanger their own life. No one elses.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Casanova

I'm 20 and have my Z.... I do act irresponsbible now and then! Enough said!
Old 05-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Casanova

Originally Posted by CatchingMyZ
I am 23 and have my Z. Don't race it on the streets. Even when I had my heavily modded 02 RSX i didn't streat race. It wasn't worth endangering my life or anyone elses. Plus getting ur car seized would not be worth it either. I agree street racing will always be around lets just hope they arn't on the road when we r, and if they r racing its on closed streets. Let them endanger their own life. No one elses.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:33 PM
josesantigo57

im 19..i have a Z..i never street race, but hit every track event possible...

its not all kids, thanks
Old 05-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Casanova

Originally Posted by josesantigo57
im 19..i have a Z..i never street race, but hit every track event possible...

its not all kids, thanks
just admit, we both have a go on the public roads now and then !
Old 05-07-2006, 03:44 PM
tmb

Originally Posted by Casanova
just admit, we both have a go on the public roads now and then !
I don't and won't ever race anyone on the street. Too many things can happen that you have no control over because there are other cars on the road but as you said, given the right conditions, I will "have a go on public roads" and I am 48

There is a highway I travel every day to work .
If it is Early morning or late at night,the highway is usually deserted and if it is empty,no rain for the past 24 hours,etc., I like to "have a go at it"

It is that highway where I found that the Z has that governor in it.

There is also a 20 square mile area of farmland with nice twisty roads where you will find a bunch of sports cars and motorcycles having a ball between 8:00 AM and 11:00 on Sunday Morning.

A group of 3 of us try and meet there early Sunday morning when we can and have a ball.
We don't race each other back on those roads as that is street racing which causes accidents because it forces you to push your car beyond YOUR abilities.

We have our informal 2 mile 'course' back there that each one does by himself and get's timed.
The worst time buys brunch.

Nothing like the rush of nailing the throttle at the apex of a 35 MPH curve(with a bit of left foot breaking also) and feeling the rear squat down to bite the road and feeling the G force as you come out of that curve somewhere in the 70's.

My wife even enjoys driving MY Z around those curves when we all meet up.

BTW, we have all taken performance driving classes at a track and do so every few years.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:11 AM
BENSIN

There's nothing wrong with driving fast or racing on open, desolate highways, in the middle of the night but backroads and such, not a good idea.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:48 AM
deviantZ

Originally Posted by Casanova

I'm 32 and feel the urge to kick it into gear occasionally, but not on crowded roads. Usually I stick to being an old bull.