Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

military traffic court

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 06:04 PM
dedmoonstears

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry military traffic court

-i have full faith that i will never be caught by the cops speeding...however..

few minutes before the day was done, i was told to see the base security chief...dont know what or why...i went they asked for my id,reg,lic...then the guy talked to me turns out some officer reported me speeding NEAR BASE....so im going to military traffic court on base for wreckless driving,,,,they say he could barely see my plates and was only able to do so at the stop sign..adn estimates my speed well beyond 100 (he was probly going 85 in a 55)..again this is military court..so im guilty till proven innocent...one can say that it was a diffrnt car he saw, that another blue z passed me while i was waiting by the stop sign....what sucks is that this happened outside and not inside the base ( i make sure to follow all the rules and regs on base)....im taking the fifth if you ask if i was going over 130 or even 55 but ill probly end up losing driving privelages on base for a month or so...my guys think that the witness probly thought i was racing his crappy car when i just passed everyone who was waiting behind some very slow farm machines, then he probly tried to catch up but with no mods or skill he was only able to do so after i reached a stop sign.( this is where he supposedly got my plates and had it run by secrty) after which he says i sped away and disappeared from view.....all the radar detectors and jammers didnt help against rules and reulations that are unjust,,,what i do after work and not in uniform should not be works concern or be under its whims...some of you who know me or my post may think i deserve this and i probly do but it still sucks and i still have a cache of guns and ammo to overthrow a small nation or some overzealous driver.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:21 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

It happened off-base, we have no jurisdiction off-base, however, are you at Edwards AFB? Was the property you drove on controlled by the USAF or civlian police? They can turn the statement over to your respective Commander and he can decide what non-judicial punishment if any, GL!

Last edited by zand02max; 06-15-2006 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:40 PM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The Military is a whole different world. You can get in serous stuff that civilians do every day.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:50 PM
dedmoonstears

Default response to sandman

it happened off base...miles off base,,,,but theyre doing this since there has been a few deaths already ...the point is justice and jurisdiction....which i n my opinion is very lacking in this situation..
Old 06-15-2006, 07:02 PM
GMZ

I say that you say you were going the speed limit. Does this mysterious officer have a radar gun? I think not. Just check to see where the line of demarcation is for the govt prop to start. MP's in Dam Neck tried to give me one for 55 in a 25 one time, in an area like 30 yards from the gate! No way, I called them on their bs. They are getting really strict now for speeding on base, DoD wide. Over here if you speed 1-10 over you walk on base for a month!! Just prepare to carpool if you have too!
Old 06-15-2006, 07:02 PM
GMZ

oops
Old 06-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Acidskie

That sucks. Yet another reason I'm glad I never joined. Like shaving every day But on that note I will say thank you to you guys and gals who have. I have all the respect in the world for all of you.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:56 PM
Donny_b

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude, You need to go see a JAG officer. That sound hokey to me. Don't go in there unprepared. I'd even go to the IG on this. Good Luck.....db
Old 06-15-2006, 07:56 PM
kalima275Z

Originally Posted by Acidskie
But on that note I will say thank you to you guys and gals who have. I have all the respect in the world for all of you.
Thanks man!!! Glad to do it.

Originally Posted by Acidskie
That sucks. Yet another reason I'm glad I never joined. Like shaving every day
As far as shaving, sometimes I do, sometimes....I DON'T!!!
Attached Thumbnails military traffic court-195.jpg  
Old 06-15-2006, 08:00 PM
kalima275Z

BTW, to the OP:

Quit driving like a tard. You are wrong if you think that whatever you do off-base or after work is not the military's business. This goes to any of you civilians who think the same.

Guess what, if he dies while speeding, you wasted your tax money (possibly millions, depending on his military occupation) b/c some dude wanted to do ricer fly-bys on his way into work.

OP,
Slow down, go to an AutoX track on the weekends and if you don't care about your life enough to take it easy on the road, at least care about others.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:32 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I assume that you are active duty? As Donny_b mentioned, the first step is to visit a Defense Counsel. Most likely your commanded will decide a just punishment. You can whine and complain, or you can tell the truth and suck it up.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:47 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Go to JAG and let them tell you what your rights are, worse case, get a former JAG attorney to represent you - they know how to manipulate the regulations. I drove onto base here once, the gate guard said I was speeding on the down ramp from the highway, in his view, but still at least a 1/4 mile away, I asked him if I was speeding in the gate area, he said no, I asked him if he had a radar gun or training in estimating speed, he said no, I asked him if he had ticketing authority, he said no, so I told him, have a nice day.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:14 AM
dedmoonstears

Default went to jag

jag was furious at how the whole situation happened...theyre trying to drop the charges now...they say the way security proceeded and their interpretations were wrong and they had tottaly forgotten about jurisdiction..the best they can do is call for cops to stay on the road or refer my plates to the cops ( since its outside)...either way that doesnt mean im guilty in the civilian side..now on the military side if they review just by my records alone they see an examplary sailor with outstanding evaluations and multiple commendations...still it will boil to he says this, i say that..but since the veidence can best be described as circumstantial the outcome is still unkown...