Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

new window problem with Z (goes down 1/3 way by itself when im not in car!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 02:04 PM
snair2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS21CA
Out of curiosity,
could it have been the unlock button was being pressed in your pocket or something? just another possibility? Or is it some random spasm your car makes by rollling down the window
The thing is, if the unlock botton on the remote was held, then both windows would go down, the problem is with the driver's side window. I had the same problem with my Z, and had a local nissan service shop fix it under warrenty. Supposedly they put in a new motor, but I have a good feeling they just did the technique with the reset button on the motor.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:38 AM
cargam1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the 1/3 roll down problem last year while under warranty, it was the pass side. Now, the warranty has expired and once in a while it rolls down when I park the car and press the power up button, it reaches the top and then rolls down the 1/3 down, but it does this only when the key is on the ignition. the other problem I have now is the driver side window refuses to roll down, but occasionaly it will work. I beleive that the problem is a switch that doesn't want to work when it's hot. I don't know what to make of it. One thing I realize is that too many of us seem to be having this problem and at what point does NNA recall the vehicles for this problem. Do they have a responsibility to stand behind the products the use in their vehicles or allow the end users to foot the bill for replacing substandard parts.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:53 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cargam1
One thing I realize is that too many of us seem to be having this problem and at what point does NNA recall the vehicles for this problem. Do they have a responsibility to stand behind the products the use in their vehicles or allow the end users to foot the bill for replacing substandard parts.
File a complaint with the NHTSB. The issue is safety related. What do you do in a rainstorm when you cannot get the window up. I am due for a drivers window fix at 42,000 miles.