Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

July Production Info

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 03:29 AM
InternetABYSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default July Production Info

ok this is from my regional NNA office in Irving TX (Dallas) I had this info confirmed twice with them.....THIS IS NOT from NNA in california.

I have recieved my tracking number (order number S267447) NOT my VIN number....My car is beeing produced in the first batch. I SHOULD HAVE MY VIN# IN 2 WEEKS - AUG 1st at the latest. MY CAR IS BEING PRODUCED sometime before now and then. The car has to be put on the boat and 2 weeks to travel and on a train from the west coast. Train ride is another 2 weeks and the truck shipment in a couple days to the dealership.

ETA 6-8 weeeks...LATE AUG EARLY SEPT

In 2 weeks I should have my vin number and the can track it better at that time.

If you are in the first batch (aka Jan-Mar 1st allocation) you should get your car in this same way as per Irving Regional NNA.
Old 07-10-2002, 03:41 AM
RP-350Z

That would be SAH-WEET! I'm still thinking my car will be in around Mid Sept, I preordered mine on Jan 21st. I guess it's better to assume my car will arrive in Mid Sept. rather than hope/assume it will arrive sometime in August.
Old 07-10-2002, 04:17 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure why the comment about NNA in Calif vs. NNA in Tx. Does NNA CA have a rep for passing out bad info? I hope so, because below is recent email correspondence with NNA in Calif.

I ordered 6 weeks after you did, yet my delivery is 2-3 months later. What about the people who order in April, May, June. Should they expect delivery Jan/Feb/March?

There is just too much conflicting info being passed around by dealers, and NNA employees. We shouldn't have to 'pick-and-choose' what info we want to believe. I so much am hoping that the info you have received IS the correct info, because once the stream of cars start arriving, I wouldn't expect it to take more than 8 weeks to complete all 7800 pre-orders.

Based on the packet number thread info, there are 73 other members of this forum that ordered their Z's by the date you ordered yours. If everyone of those people does not get notification within a week, verifying the info that you received, then they should be pissed off. I know I will be, even though I'm not one of them.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jeff MacCarter
> Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 1:57 PM
> To: xxxxxx
> Subject: Delivery.....ouch!
>
> Thanks for the reply xxxxxx.
>
> I'm admittedly a bit bummed to hear a November/December time frame for my car. I was still under the impression that the August to October date I received on my order confirmation was valid. Although I wasn't expecting to receive my car in August, I did have my fingers crossed for September, and really felt October would be worst case.
>
> I think there are a lot of buyers like me, who are possibly having false expectations of when we will receive our cars.
>
> If possible, and if you can have any influence in this area, I'd highly recommend that Nissan do some sort of announcement to the pre-orderers, advising that we might be getting our cars up to 2 months later than expected. Many of us have received our "Secrets of the Z Revealed" packages, and these packages have heightened our excitement. In a few days, when the
press embargo is lifted, our excitement will once again rise. I foresee some major disappointment from many people when they learn of a delay of this magnitude.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeff MacCarter
>

>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: xxxxxx[mailto:xxxxxx@nissan-usa.com]
> Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 1:17 PM
> To: 'jeff.maccarter@xxxxxx
> Subject: RE: I ended up not changing color.
>
> Hi Jeff,
> I've been out of the office and I just got back. Regarding your
> questions, all order numbers should be available to the dealers by the first week of August. It looks like your Z will be coming in November/December. The factory has been very good about filling orders based upon order date so far. We'll have better info as to when the Zs will be arriving after the end of August. Thank You.
Old 07-10-2002, 04:24 AM
NittoZ
Charter Member #65

NNA called me today..I ordered the last week in May and the lady told me to expect early Sept delivery..just the opposit of the DEC my dealer told me. Who knows...we'll wait and see!

NittoZ
Old 07-10-2002, 05:18 AM
TCL

Originally posted by NittoZ
NNA called me today..I ordered the last week in May and the lady told me to expect early Sept delivery..just the opposit of the DEC my dealer told me. Who knows...we'll wait and see!

NittoZ
Did they initiate the call or did you put in an inquiry that resulted in the call?
Old 07-10-2002, 06:13 AM
InternetABYSS

Ok...guys...The person I talked is the person that my dealer faxed his information to at the regional office. This is the person that sends the inventory lists to many dealerships in my area. This persons sole job in life is to track our cars. Please read what RXO said about regional rep...he didnt say the ignorant dealer.

I talked to her and her supervisor so im holding her to it...and that is what she told me.

She got this information from the computer, she didnt pull it out of her A$$

I never said my car is gonna get here in 4 weeks either...I was told 6-8weeks. best case late-end of august....worst case early sept..before 15th. (unless the boat sinks, union strike, train crash, truck crash.)

and i would have my VIN number by end of July. She told me to call her if the dealer hasnt given my VIN to me by Aug 1st.

Yes this is the truth...The cars are being made in July.... Like RXO said....the Mr. k photo was proof production started.

ZISME told me in a email that a lucky few would (750 people) would get there cars built in June....and im not one of those people.

MY GUESS....is the production started late June...My car is being built in July...

All 1st early allocation people should be getting VIN#'s soon.....if my comes in Aug 1st....then otheres should be getting VIN#'s before me since my order was placed in FEB.

Aug 1 is only 20 days away..and i'll be posting my VIN...or most of it when i get it for proof.

If i dont get it...no prob...I'll just call her back and let her know my feelings.

All this jives with what RXO said...so guess what I BELIEVE IT....

just a FYI
Old 07-10-2002, 06:26 AM
InternetABYSS

Oh yes they called me.....Didnt you guys know ..that I have been talking to people a NNA Regional office in Dallas for about 6 months now....I guess it had something to do with me complaining about my sales guy, he either got fired or quit....I liked him alot and he was the main reason why I bought at this dealer.

TCL they called first......I ask the questions...They wanted to make sure i got my tracking number.

I said yes about geting the tracking number, the sales guy sent it to me 3weeks ago....

By the way they dont call everyone....but for some reason they call me....alot....I guess RXO is right he said " squeaky wheel gets the grease"....or somthing like that.

squeak squeak

PS...Please dont whine about getting the car quicker.....That wont work....all you can squeak about is getting info....and everyone can tell that pople squeak on these forums...and there are people like ZISME that respond....its called customer service....AND NISSN HAS BEEN AWESOME AT IT.....im not talking about the 1800NISSAN1...I'm talking about people like ZISME. Higher ups that want the preorder customers very happy
Old 07-10-2002, 06:30 AM
Scafremon

FYI:

The person whose email I quoted holds the same position as the person who gave you your info. I got this persons name off the bottom of my Buyers Order Form. It has instructions on the bottom to fax or email the completed form to xxx@nissan-usa.com

So ZISME says that you are not one of lucky ones in the first shipment, and yet, you are in the first batch per your NNA rep?

Your car is going to be built in (2) weeks, and yet, it is not actually the first batch? So I guess there are 750 people who's cars are already built then, and their cars are on ships. But none of those people are a member of this forum, because I don't think anyone here has been contacted directly by Nissan, advising them of a VIN#, or letting them know that the car they have been waiting for for 6 mos is off the coast?
Old 07-10-2002, 06:53 AM
irishfan

My dealer called me today and told me my car showed up on his inventory sheet today and wouldn't be coming until the end of October. I ordered Feb 1st, and was his one and only allocated Z. I received my first confirmation at the end of February, and the second one in mid-March. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:02 AM
mbeguy

Originally posted by irishfan
My dealer called me today and told me my car showed up on his inventory sheet today and wouldn't be coming until the end of October. I ordered Feb 1st, and was his one and only allocated Z. I received my first confirmation at the end of February, and the second one in mid-March. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement.
Not to give you false hope but I am very surprised you heard this. The only reason being, I have talked with 3 different dealerships to find out how far in advance they know about the car arrival dates (for any car not just our Zs). The answer is generally 2 months (60days). So....exactly what paperwork, fax, info does your dealer have that tells him information about cars arriving in 3.5 months?

It may be true and if so I am sorry, but I wonder if he is just getting you off his back. I recommend calling back and asking for details about how he knows your delivery dates is end of Oct....I doubt you will get a hardcopy of any type.

JMO

MBEGuy
Old 07-10-2002, 07:08 AM
irishfan

Originally posted by mbeguy

Not to give you false hope but I am very surprised you heard this. The only reason being, I have talked with 3 different dealerships to find out how far in advance they know about the car arrival dates (for any car not just our Zs). The answer is generally 2 months (60days). So....exactly what paperwork, fax, info does your dealer have that tells him information about cars arriving in 3.5 months?

It may be true and if so I am sorry, but I wonder if he is just getting you off his back. I recommend calling back and asking for details about how he knows your delivery dates is end of Oct....I doubt you will get a hardcopy of any type.

JMO

MBEGuy
I haven't called him in at least 3 weeks, so I've gone pretty easy on him compared to many on this forum. Plus, I've always known a lot more about things than him.

When he called, he said that my car showed up on their latest "tape", he read off the options, and said the tape showed an estimated arrival date of 10/31 give or take 10 days.

I was thinking of stopping by to get a copy of whatever it was he had with this info.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:16 AM
Zboy

Originally posted by VQracer
How do I get my order/tracking number? Do I just ask my dealer for it? Is it that simple?

Thanks,
Victor
yes, contact your dealer. They should have the order number by now for each of their order. Thats how I got mine. Actually, most dealers are too dumb to realize they have the order number. Ask them to look at the lastest order sheet that they have and ask them for the number beside your order. Atleast, that's how I got mine.

Last edited by Zboy; 07-10-2002 at 07:29 AM.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:28 AM
Zboy

Originally posted by mbeguy

JMO

MBEGuy
The dealer that I ordered from called me one week ago about my order. I headed out to the dealership to see what was up. He told me my car was one of 4 that was due for September delivery. 2 others were coming in october and 2 others in Novemeber at this dealership which got 8 total cars for first allotment pre-order. I know he wasnt pulling all this out of his a@@ because I actually saw his files categorized this way, and he told me he got all this information from regional office from the person who is in charge of Z orders for that area. I also saw a hardcopy of his file with all his 8 orders with order numbers beside them. This is from Frost Nissan in Newton, Massachusetts.
Old 07-10-2002, 08:59 AM
InternetABYSS

So ZISME says that you are not one of lucky ones in the first shipment, and yet, you are in the first batch per your NNA rep?

Your car is going to be built in (2) weeks, and yet, it is not actually the first batch? So I guess there are 750 people who's cars are already built then, and their cars are on ships. But none of those people are a member of this forum, because I don't think anyone here has been contacted directly by Nissan, advising them of a VIN#, or letting them know that the car they have been waiting for for 6 mos is off the coast?

My reply

QUOTE FROM ZISME

"I'll try to give you the month it's being produced and a guesstimate of what
that means for delivery but, you will have to take it with a grain of salt
until vehicle serializes and is scheduled to leave Japan."

"Your vehicle is scheduled for July production, which should be delivered in Sept. As you know, very few units are being built in the month of June, so you shouldn't worry much about not being in the June production month.
Hope you have fun next week with driving the 350Z."

END QUOTE

ZISME said my car will be produced in July----UMM ITS JULY!!! you get the VIN # when your car is made!!!!!!that was awhile ago that he said that. Back then he said september for my car.

Realize i have off the board chats with many nissan folks.

RXO states the preoder program has a huge learning curve...and is talking about port shipments....read his posts.

He is talking about the first group aka June production august delievery.

Now as in today not a month or 2 a go when i talked to the regional nissan rep. She said im in the first batch coming to the Dallas Area.

So what does this mean...it could mean several things...some places may get their cars sooner than othere. maybe it is possible for nissan to crank out a couple thousand cars in a couple weeks.

I have heard of car companies cranking out 5000 cars in a month....in japan they work to death.
Also there is a rush on the 350z's since they are all marketing to have some in august. It is very possible that nissan is making our cars a priority since they are already sold and are not cars that are made just to have em sit on the lots.

yes my car has to be built in the next 2 weeks there are only 3 weeks left in july. and he told me im in july production and the regional office in dallas confirmed my production.

Also scar what is your allocation number?? how many 1st allocation cars did your dealer have. You sound like you are in second allocation even if you ordered in March.

If i ordered in feb at a popular dealer here in dallas i would have been in second allocation.
But i got in on the last out of a allocation of 16. Then by my luck 5 people droped out so im 11 out of 16. Since then they had another 10 I think second allocations added. Those are the folks that got confirmations for november.

It is true that they are not coming in order but I was told that the shipment will stagger in with in a couple weeks of eachother. I was also told that my dealer plans to have all their 1st and second allocations delieverd by OCT (this was told by my dealer he could be wrong).

ABOUT OTHERS ON THE FORUMS.....well i don't know what to say....I have been able to find just about anything i wanted to know with no problem from good sources. But I strongly feel that people will start posting VIN #'s with in the next couple weeks.

I also think that most people only talk to their dealers so they dont get good info. I also feel that most of the people that are in the first 750 will get a call from their dealer like..."your car is expected to get here next week come pick it up."

DID YOU GET THIS KIND OF EMAIL??? SCAR...If you did your car is coming soon this number is assigned to the actual car before it gets produced. When the car pops out the production line it gets the VIN# My process started the 2nd week of June and I have seen others on this forum with similiar numbers given.

6/17/2002
Arrived today (NO not car), but order number S267447
with estimated delivery September.

Bankston Nissan-Lewisville
(W) Phone : 972.420.9500
(W) Fax : 972.353.0220
Old 07-10-2002, 07:34 PM
Scafremon

Scaf.

If you are going to abbreviate my nickname, Scaf would be appropriate.

As for the rest of your post, I will just say...

I am very happy for you!
Old 07-10-2002, 07:47 PM
Aldous

Default internetabyss

what was your tracking # out of 10,000 for your packet?
Old 07-10-2002, 08:07 PM
Zonedogg

Exactly who do you guys talk to to get your info...I have been talking with 1800nissan1 for about a month and finally got confirmation that they got my preorder. The guy that finally got me some ifo said they have no hard dates on what car would be produced when for ANYONE so where the hell do you guys get to know when your car is being produced. He said he did know that the dealerships with the largest allocations would be getting their cars first and that they should get them in one group not in little sections. I've also heard that they are not making cars specifically for the pre orders, they are just running their production lines and if your pre order matches something that rolls off the line then they send it to your dealer. I ordered june 11th and EVERYONE ive talked to has said no later than september for my car to arrive. My dealer had 9 slots so pretty average there. Everyone ive talked to has also said the lastest anyone should get their pre-order is october. The helpful guys name was peter and he claims to be the guy that was responsible for getting the launch clock on nissan driven.com pushed back as he notcied production was not going fast enough to meet that deadline. He also confirmed production began in june. So where do I go to get real info and who do i believe? I live in virginia beach virginia does anyone have a number for my regional nna office?
Old 07-10-2002, 08:29 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by Zboy

The dealer that I ordered from called me one week ago about my order. I headed out to the dealership to see what was up. He told me my car was one of 4 that was due for September delivery. 2 others were coming in october and 2 others in Novemeber at this dealership which got 8 total cars for first allotment pre-order. I know he wasnt pulling all this out of his a@@ because I actually saw his files categorized this way, and he told me he got all this information from regional office from the person who is in charge of Z orders for that area. I also saw a hardcopy of his file with all his 8 orders with order numbers beside them. This is from Frost Nissan in Newton, Massachusetts.

Zboy,

I grew up in Newton Massachusetts, about a mile from Frost Nissan. Is it still on Washington street? I live in Las Vegas now, but it was fun to hear about someone buying their Z at a place I haven't seen in 20 years. I left when I was nine, but I remember my dad test driving an '81 Z there. He didn't like it.
Old 07-10-2002, 09:49 PM
BW350Z

hey ZoneDogg,

I'm from Virginia Beach and am curious as to where we may be able to get a number as well. Ordered from Hall Nissan in Western Branch for MSRP. Were you able to get it somewhere else in VB for the same?
Old 07-10-2002, 09:57 PM
Zonedogg

green gifford black base model for msrp...