Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heavy Traffic - Slow driving - Slipping clutch - HAppen to you? Please advise.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 02:13 AM
paulsmansfield

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try this site http://forums.350zukownersclub.com/ it is much better than this one and isnt full of teenagers getting aggresive
Old 07-06-2006, 02:27 AM
odin

Originally Posted by paulsmansfield
try this site http://forums.350zukownersclub.com/ it is much better than this one and isnt full of teenagers getting aggresive
Thanks, just registered.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:24 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets make this real simple and answer your question first: I would say that more than 9 out of 10 Z drivers here do not experience this smell om a regular basis. This does not, however, indicate that there is something wrong with your clutch, it is because they know how a clutch works and how to drive the car properly without burning the clutch. I think you are asking so that you can figure out if your car is behaving normally or not and if you need a trip to the dealer. In my opinion, your car is bahaving perfectly normally for what you are doing to it. I doubt very much you will get any dealer to replace your clutch under warranty, telling them what you are telling us about your driving habits. So yes, the smell is normal, under the conditions, but no, you shouldn't be smelling it b/c it is a clear indicator of abuse and abnormal wear. You haven't mentions what other cars you have driven, but it doesn't really matter; all cars have their own manerisms and the way they like to be driven. The way you drive normally obviously doesn't agree with the Z. The Z is a sports car and you need to be a little more respectful of proper driving techniques when driving it, or you're going to making frequent trips to the dealer for repairs. If those are the conditions you drive in on a daily basis, perhaps you should have gotten the automatic transmission? Not trying to offend; just saying that it would be better suited for that kind of stop and go, uphill driving. At any rate, you know what the car is doing and that it isn't good for the car; it's up to you whether you want to keep on doing it and pay for the repairs or change your driving habits. Either way, good luck.

IMO, it really does no good to just go all over the place asking the same question fishing for the answer you want to hear. I doubt very much that you will get validation of what you are doing from anyone. The smell your clutch is producing is YOUR fault, not the car's. If other's are experiencing what you are, then they either learn from their mistake real quick or will also be making costly trips to the dealer. Deal with it. As other's have said, we couldn't really care less what you do; you are asking for advice and we are giving it; it's your problem if you don't like what you hear. This is not one of those cases where people are needlessly beating down the poster; people are trying to give you sound advice and you are being thick-headed.

Last edited by MustGoFastR; 07-06-2006 at 05:30 AM.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:23 AM
mikeg8r

Odin, sorry if you you think I'm being disrespectful to your thread that wasn't intended.

Anyway good luck with your issue.