Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

G35 owner bashing Zs

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 09:30 AM
trule350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you know the G vs. the Z is almost like an epic battle between 2 fantastic cars. My brother is getting a G35 and I am getting a 350z, of course I'm getting a Z because it's cheaper and I can afford it more than I could with a G35.. But honestly I do think that the G35 is better, just because I do like luxury >>
Old 08-22-2007, 09:35 AM
azula

Originally Posted by trule350z
you know the G vs. the Z is almost like an epic battle between 2 fantastic cars. My brother is getting a G35 and I am getting a 350z, of course I'm getting a Z because it's cheaper and I can afford it more than I could with a G35.. But honestly I do think that the G35 is better, just because I do like luxury >>

well at least he'll feel comfortable in his luxury interior when you smoke him in your Z!
Old 08-22-2007, 09:39 AM
blackstealthz

Originally Posted by trule350z

Look for a used g35 specially if you like luxury the Z is all around better performing sports car i actually like the interior of the Z alot. The interior of the g35 is nice dont get me wrong but its just not my cup of tea i dont like the way things are set up like the dash and etc.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:41 AM
azula

Originally Posted by daveug35
Hi everyone,
I'm the "Z bashing G35 owner" according to my friend DJ. I just found out about this post from my brother, and I just want to make a few things clear.

1. I never said what DJ said. I love the 350z, I have a model of it in my room, and have wanted the car for 4 years. I bought a g35 b/c I wanted a more luxurious car and back seats.
2. The 350z is faster than the g35. The specs obviously prove this, so why would I say otherwise.
3. All I said to DJ was, if you want a car for performance (which DJ cares much more about), you should get a Z. If you want a car for luxury and speed, get a G35. I think there's no denying a stock Z is faster than a stock G35, and a G35 is much nicer and luxiorious inside than a Z.
4. The day he got the Z, I drove up to his house and told him how happy I was that he got that car that he really wanted, and that our cars are basically brothers. I also have silver, and he has charcoal, which was my preference over silver.
5. Anyone who bashes a Z that owns a G35, or vice versa, is an idiot. The cars are built on the same platform.

DJ, you're an idiot for making this post. This is your 6th car in 6 years, be happy with it and dont come on the board to get reassurance that you made the right decision, and make me look bad at the same time. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:38 PM
lilaznxboi08

wow so his g cost what? an average of 5 to 10k more than average Zs. so what he has better interior, i can do alot with 10 thousand more dollars.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:59 PM
RBlover69

Z sports car G sports coupe. End of story. Both share FM platforms and are simliar but the G is a civilized Z. The G dirivied from the Z with a extended chassis and diff suspension bracing elements not the other way around. the designers described the Z as a raw machine with more crude elements directed to track use. When u get into a G the luxuries tend to lean to more of a sports coupe feel , more touring then the harshnesss of the road noice and crude bracing strut towers etc then the Z. Anyone who bashes the Z is really bashing the G because all of the parts are nissan and diriving from the same point of origin. Really funny if u ask me. And stock for stock on sheer weight alone Z is quicker and slalom tests are better then teh G aswell. This is weight and maybeyt he added strut and more aggressive tire setups on the track editions that allow this. The G however is a awesome for having the back seats and luxuries . .i mean its the sister car. But yea i usually laugh at ignorant comments like that. besides infiniti's service department there is really nothing u can bash because there made for 2 diff purposes , ..and for the track the Z is the platform of choice.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Firebase99

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thos picse of the G are stunning but confusing. Why the different hoods? And a "350GT" plate...

In any event, G is nice, but its a sedan. I was looking at buying one before my Z. Very nice car and ride.

Drove the Z and that was that. SPORTS car. Pure and simple. I evidentially wanted a sports car, not a sedan.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:50 PM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by Firebase99
Thos picse of the G are stunning but confusing. Why the different hoods? And a "350GT" plate...

In any event, G is nice, but its a sedan. I was looking at buying one before my Z. Very nice car and ride.

Drove the Z and that was that. SPORTS car. Pure and simple. I evidentially wanted a sports car, not a sedan.
the 350z GT is the deisgnation of the cars real name in japan its a 3.5 litre grand touring car. thus 350 GT skyline.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Firebase99

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RBlover69
the 350z GT is the deisgnation of the cars real name in japan its a 3.5 litre grand touring car. thus 350 GT skyline.
Ah-ha!! Didnt know that....thank you.

What about the hood?
Old 08-22-2007, 03:27 PM
MIVsupra93-2JZ

Originally Posted by FreeBaGeL
You're certainly entitled to your own opinion and I've known people that like the G for its more "refined" look, but the vast majority (including myself) tend to prefer the Z by quite a wide margin. Also, every non-enthusiast knows what a Z is, most don't even recognize that the G is a sportscar, the Z stands out on the road and people (again non car enthusiasts) are ALWAYS shocked when they find out it's not $50+k, mostly because of the way it looks.

Weird that you say that. Go to a BMW and RSX forum and do a search. They had a poll/discussion on which car LOOKS better and about 80% picked the G.I can only assumed the casual riders would have the same views b/c they usually prefer a more classic/sexy look and when modded slightly it would look aggressive like the Z. I love the way both car look and b/c of that alone, it was the hardest decision i had to make but I went with the G b/c its more refined/comfortable with a touch of luxury.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:52 PM
infamous350

only thing really better on the G is service and back seats. Thats why read on the g forums. Guys put our suspension and our intake tube and few other things. Z is raw performance and i acutally think the inside on the z is nicer but thats me. I mean i was in the same shoes once G or Z hard decision test drived both and it cleared it up for me. But G is great if u need back seats and still want performance. But the z performs slightly better cause its a sports car.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:29 PM
andrew538

ur friend doesn't know what he is talking about. Just because g35 is called "skyline" doesn't mean it is a "skyline", plus z beats g35 performance wise in every way. Acceleration, handling, looks both inside and outside... the only thing better than z is g35 has rear seats. Z beats g35 straigt or track, 2. ur friend obviously has a big mouth.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

An older thread that is resurrected because the new G35 MT Coupe is just a great car. New body, new engine, and a lot more. It's very much like the Z, but different.

--Spike
Old 08-22-2007, 06:40 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xhooniex83
"lol
You brought back this thread after a year to say that?
Old 08-22-2007, 06:45 PM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by andrew538
ur friend doesn't know what he is talking about. Just because g35 is called "skyline" doesn't mean it is a "skyline", plus z beats g35 performance wise in every way. Acceleration, handling, looks both inside and outside... the only thing better than z is g35 has rear seats. Z beats g35 straigt or track, 2. ur friend obviously has a big mouth.
um im lost with ur first comment. It is a skyline and is called a skyline. I think ur getting the terms confused. It isnt a GTR. There has been skyline before GTR ...its just a high performance spec version which..has been retired and brought back to life as the current GTR. But now there distancing the GTR name in the US just as there calling the 350z the Z now. Im guessing marketing ....i hate us marketing japanese marketing so much more understandable and rational.

Last edited by RBlover69; 08-22-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:34 PM
skaterbasist

Relax everyone. Why don't we just sit down and debate in a civilized manner?

It seems as if someone is purposely trying to create hate amongst each other.

These threads are getting old, lame, and immature

Last edited by skaterbasist; 08-22-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:19 AM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by skaterbasist

agreed, it just annoying when the same **** there are stickys and search tools for , we still get misinformation or ignorant views on a particular topic still even when it isnt true. All good , all part of the wonderful forum experience.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:57 AM
RedLine 350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FWD350zTT
only their luxury division Infiniti makes rwd vehicles...

its just like Nissan Murano (FWD) and the INfiniti FX35/45 (RWD).
nissan is cheaper so it makes FWD while Infiniti being luxury and more expensive gets the (RWD)
FWD350zTT might have a point here... yeah right. But this is what I found http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infiniti
"an automobile manufacturer in Japan and America and serves as Nissan's luxury brand for the American, Canadian, Mexican, Middle Eastern, South Korean and Taiwanese markets."

Isn't Bulgaria in Europe?
Old 08-23-2007, 01:27 PM
k3366im

G35= Gay Mothre ****ing ****
Old 08-23-2007, 03:27 PM
diwun67

Originally Posted by skaterbasist

I are concur with you
Originally Posted by k3366im
G35= Gay Mothre ****ing ****
orly?

Quick Reply: G35 owner bashing Zs