Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Preventing dealer decals....ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 07:27 AM
mbeguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Preventing dealer decals....ideas?

Now that we are seeing a faint glimmer of hope at the end of the waiting I wanted to ask for advice.

I DO NOT want the dealers to put any of their decals or emblems on my car. Or do anything else to it for that matter.

Any ideas on preventing dealer decals or emblems?

MBEGuy
Old 07-10-2002, 07:33 AM
evicid

I talked to my dealer about that last time I called. I asked him what their policy was on decals. He said "If you don't want it, we won't put it on the car." So, I said I didn't want it, and I'll be sure to keep reminding them until the car is in my hands. I would suggest everyone else does the same.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:36 AM
Zboy

Best idea that i can think of is:

Talk to your dealer politely but be firm. Tell them this is going to your collector car or something and you do NOT want any decal or anything on this car. Just the dealer plates for the backside will do. Remind them on this 1 week before you get your car. And then 2 days before...and again..and again... You could also drop a hint that you are looking to buy a truck in 6 months or so and Pathfinder has your interest, so that they will try to keep you happy in anyway they can. Do not threaten to not accept delivery if they do put that stuff. You will only give them a green light to put all the grafitti and decal they can get their hands on on your Z so that you can walk away from your order, only to have them sell it to someone else for $$ profit.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:45 AM
jtree007
Charter Member #53

I had them add it to the contract
Old 07-10-2002, 09:43 AM
NissaNZ

Lightbulb

Sorry but what decals are you talking about exactly, just curious? Do you mean things like side stripes and stuff?
Old 07-10-2002, 10:02 AM
jacen2y

TwinTurboZX,

they mean decals of the dealership, but it's something we californians don't worry about (at least SoCal). The only thing that mentions the dealership we got it from are the plate frames which are easily gotten rid of.
Old 07-10-2002, 04:17 PM
2003z

Default I wouldn't worry about it

They peel right off. I've never had a problem taking them off. Mine isn't putting them on anyway.
Old 07-10-2002, 06:22 PM
Quadry

Great thread. It is getting closer to delivery dates and we need to start talking about topics that will matter. I am going to ask my dealer and see what he says. I thought that I might wait till closer to delivery date, just found out it is foing to be early Oct. Hoping for late Sept.
Old 07-10-2002, 08:41 PM
Brad4rdHay

Have the dealer write it down on the invoice. If they do put one of those chrome badges on the car, you can usually take it off easitly with some waxed dental floss.
Old 07-10-2002, 08:59 PM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

When I've bought a car that wasn't on the dealer's lot, I've asked them not to put their decal on. If I bought a car off the lot which already had the decal, I just used a hairdryer to loosen and remove the decal and then just put a little wax on the area. You would never know it was there.
Old 07-10-2002, 10:22 PM
Jewelz350

My dealer also wrote it on my invoice. I told them if they had to do anything that they could put a rear plate bracket on it.
Old 07-10-2002, 10:30 PM
Dave

Those decals come right off.. dont worry.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:42 PM
abz123

>>>Those decals come right off.. dont worry.<<<

What about those metal ones...I remember driving behind a few with these metal picses (the fish) decals....I think it was a East Texas dealer. It didn't look like it came off very easily
Old 07-10-2002, 11:45 PM
abz123

Decals should be illegal. They than worst than that doctor that used to carve his initials in his patients.

Hey they charge $5000 for a full page ad in the yellow pages...I want $5000 for having the advertisement on the back of my Z
Old 07-11-2002, 12:09 AM
MatthewZ

Originally posted by abz123
>>>Those decals come right off.. dont worry.<<<

What about those metal ones...I remember driving behind a few with these metal picses (the fish) decals....I think it was a East Texas dealer. It didn't look like it came off very easily

I think what you are referring to is a symbol for Christianity not a dealer badge.
Old 07-11-2002, 12:59 AM
MichaelU

I made sure that they didn't do anything to the car they didn't have to do in the invoice.

In Illinios it's the law to have a front licence plate. According to my dealership when the factory know's it's going to Illinios they punch holes in front bumper. They won't put the plate in but said there is nothing they can do about the holes. Any truth to that?

Also I think my father put it best when talking about those dealership stickers.

"If they put one on my car I'm charging them $50 a month in advertising."

Just tell them that, they'll take it off real fast.

Ciao,
Michael
Old 07-11-2002, 03:01 AM
2003z

Originally posted by MichaelU
I made sure that they didn't do anything to the car they didn't have to do in the invoice.

In Illinios it's the law to have a front licence plate. According to my dealership when the factory know's it's going to Illinios they punch holes in front bumper. They won't put the plate in but said there is nothing they can do about the holes. Any truth to that?

Also I think my father put it best when talking about those dealership stickers.

"If they put one on my car I'm charging them $50 a month in advertising."

Just tell them that, they'll take it off real fast.

Ciao,
Michael
The factory does not punch the holes, your dealer does and he's lying to you. The car comes with tiny dimples where the holes are supposed to go so they can be mounted properly.

As for the metal badges mentioned earlier, they are usually held on with double sided tape also. My S-10 had a metal dealer badge and it came right off with no problem.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:09 AM
Tex

I have one on the back of my Jeep -whats the best way to get it off. And I dont want the dealer to touch my car. I want to drive it off the truck.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:59 AM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm told, if it's an emblem, you can use dental floss to remove it, then wipe off the remaining adhesive with a cloth and hot water. I don't know what to do for a sticker, though-
Old 07-11-2002, 05:03 AM
NiZZan
Charter Member #77

I'd love to drive my Z off the truck also. I don't think that would ever happen though. It would be nice to be there when the car arrives and watch through the make ready. Then sign the papers and go, go, go.

Quick Reply: Preventing dealer decals....ideas?