Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

2007 350z speculations?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 06:17 PM
steven88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In november, I'm looking forward to people tracking, or dynoing the 07 g35 sedan...if they pull off impressive #s, then I don't see any reason why the Z can't do much better...since it does weigh 250lbs less, and supposedly comes with a little more hp....impressive #s to me are, 265whp dynos...and mid to low 13 seconds quarter mile...with a 104-105 trap speed....
Old 09-14-2006, 03:12 PM
tekk

dyno #s have nothing to do with weight...but the shorter, cf driveshaft should help get a couple extra hp.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:15 PM
clarkkent06

Originally Posted by tekk
dyno #s have nothing to do with weight...but the shorter, cf driveshaft should help get a couple extra hp.
I'm pretty sure steve88 is not saying that dyno numbers have anything to do with weight...

but nissan does claim it will be lightened, which is why he is saying it will be faster than the G35 sedan with the same engine. but again, lightening the driveshaft will NOT give more HP.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:00 PM
n8236

Hope it's not a repost.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/14/n...s-speculation/

Not direct info, but sheds some confirmation and light into the HR. It states the engine into the Z to be slated for '08? Incorrect?
Old 09-15-2006, 03:10 PM
clarkkent06

Originally Posted by n8236
Hope it's not a repost.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/14/n...s-speculation/

Not direct info, but sheds some confirmation and light into the HR. It states the engine into the Z to be slated for '08? Incorrect?
I'm not sure about the HR in the Z for '07. I've been reading different stuff all over the place. nissannews.com, the official nissan news place, says the Z gets the HR for '07. But other places say only the infiniti g35 sedan gets it for 07. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:49 AM
FairGuyZ

Well.......
I Just Bought My 06.........i Don't Wanna See This Thread Anymore
Old 09-27-2006, 11:39 AM
blazefast

I want to see it! haha. I have my eye on one. I do hope the price hike is small!
Old 09-27-2006, 01:31 PM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard that they are gonna start at around 33 for base....thats what my dealer said here in TX. I dont know...
Old 09-27-2006, 02:52 PM
steven88

Originally Posted by gabez33
I heard that they are gonna start at around 33 for base....thats what my dealer said here in TX. I dont know...
33k!! wtf...that just totally defeats the purpose of a Z!
Old 09-27-2006, 03:41 PM
aren21

I REALLY doubt that base price will go from 26K-ish to 33K, it just doesnt make sense. If nissan did that, they would lose too many sales. The Z is popular because its a bargain, the only way they would start at 33k, is if they seriously improved power, handling, braking, and of course quality. I duno I just dont see that happening, it doesnt make sense
Old 09-27-2006, 03:49 PM
steven88

Originally Posted by aren21
I REALLY doubt that base price will go from 26K-ish to 33K, it just doesnt make sense. If nissan did that, they would lose too many sales. The Z is popular because its a bargain, the only way they would start at 33k, is if they seriously improved power, handling, braking, and of course quality. I duno I just dont see that happening, it doesnt make sense
haha, thats true...i'll accept a 33k Z...if the base model came with all the features the track model came with...plus better interior quality!
Old 09-27-2006, 04:04 PM
clarkkent06

well, they have to make up their R&D money somewhere...maybe not that extremely though
Old 09-27-2006, 04:10 PM
aren21

^true, Im sure there will be a price increase, like there is every year on almost all cars, but not that extreme. Maybe $500-$1,000 extra, depending on what exactly is improved. I cant wait untill they come out, im just curious about what they have done.(even thought I bought my 06 10months ago and wont trade it in)
Old 09-27-2006, 04:16 PM
clarkkent06

^true, Im sure there will be a price increase, like there is every year on almost all cars, but not that extreme. Maybe $500-$1,000 extra, depending on what exactly is improved. I cant wait untill they come out, im just curious about what they have done.(even thought I bought my 06 10months ago and wont trade it in)
Yeah, I'm kind of surprised they haven't released more info to this point. Some guys on other websites theorize that the front end needs to be redone to fit the engine in, which is what's taking so long (i think i said this before). But even so, they should release info on it. January is fast approaching. Yeah, a 33K base is kind of high. I am still anticipating this, even though just this week I actually bought an 06 evo mr (*puts on flame suit..)
Old 09-27-2006, 06:27 PM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clarkkent06
Yeah, I'm kind of surprised they haven't released more info to this point. Some guys on other websites theorize that the front end needs to be redone to fit the engine in, which is what's taking so long (i think i said this before). But even so, they should release info on it. January is fast approaching. Yeah, a 33K base is kind of high. I am still anticipating this, even though just this week I actually bought an 06 evo mr (*puts on flame suit..)

Take your flame suit off!!! Very nice respectable car!!!! The dealer said 33k, but who knows, If it is a sub 5 sec car and its all its speculated out to be..I wouldnt doubt it maybe 31... who the h3ll knows
Old 09-27-2006, 06:34 PM
steven88

nice purchase...those things are blazing fast...and heard they handle like they are on rails! care to tell us how much you got it for?
Old 09-27-2006, 07:36 PM
clarkkent06

Originally Posted by steven88
nice purchase...those things are blazing fast...and heard they handle like they are on rails! care to tell us how much you got it for?
Yeah, one of my buddies let me drive his and it sold me. I was debating between the evo and the z. when i learned there would be no 2007 evo's, i kind of panicked and decided that i would take a car that in my opinion would be more fun to drive, although not look as cool! However, I never got the chance to drive a z so i might regret that situation later on. I was really waiting for the 2007 Z, but with the lack of info and the evo's going away, i kind of decided to snag an evo while i could.

It is the 2006 MR with the appearance package (red leather stitched seats, different front air dam, gunmetal forged BBS rims). i decided if i was going to buy a car, I might get it as I want it (top of the line, all options). let's just say it cost me a little over $35k. I am actually picking it up tomorrow after work, I'm really looking forward to it.

I've been lurking in this forum and the evolutionm forums, and they both are great enthusiast websites with many knowledgeable people.

Last edited by clarkkent06; 09-27-2006 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:19 PM
steven88

Yeah, one of my buddies let me drive his and it sold me. I was debating between the evo and the z. when i learned there would be no 2007 evo's, i kind of panicked and decided that i would take a car that in my opinion would be more fun to drive, although not look as cool! However, I never got the chance to drive a z so i might regret that situation later on. I was really waiting for the 2007 Z, but with the lack of info and the evo's going away, i kind of decided to snag an evo while i could.

It is the 2006 MR with the appearance package (red leather stitched seats, different front air dam, gunmetal forged BBS rims). i decided if i was going to buy a car, I might get it as I want it (top of the line, all options). let's just say it cost me a little over $35k. I am actually picking it up tomorrow after work, I'm really looking forward to it.

I've been lurking in this forum and the evolutionm forums, and they both are great enthusiast websites with many knowledgeable people.
congrats...i didn't know the 06 was the last year the evo was going to be out? i know they are due for a redesign in 08...but i would have thought mitsubishi would continue selling all the way through 07...then storm 08 with a new model?
Old 09-27-2006, 08:52 PM
clarkkent06

Well, that's exactly what I thought. I thought i would have a leisurely time to decide, come january, when i could test drive both. You're right, in 2008 an Evo X will be released (on a side note, it will be a shared platform with dodge, which i think will make it less cool). However, for the 2007 model year, a new law thing has been passed which requires passenger seats to have weight sensors for the air bags (for undersized passengers) and i think something about air bags and tire pressure monitors (not sure about the monitors). Instead of having to redo their assembly lines for one year of EVO IX's, they are just revamping them for the EVO X's.

However, if a car is built before September 1st of any given year, it is still considered a model year of the year before. So, Mitsubishi was busy making as many EVO's before August 31st as possible, and can legally call them model year 2006. So, shipments of EVO's might be still coming in as late as october, and still be considered 2006 model year (which sidesteps the new laws).
Old 09-27-2006, 09:14 PM
BlackSpec02

Well, that's exactly what I thought. I thought i would have a leisurely time to decide, come january, when i could test drive both. You're right, in 2008 an Evo X will be released (on a side note, it will be a shared platform with dodge, which i think will make it less cool). However, for the 2007 model year, a new law thing has been passed which requires passenger seats to have weight sensors for the air bags (for undersized passengers) and i think something about air bags and tire pressure monitors (not sure about the monitors). Instead of having to redo their assembly lines for one year of EVO IX's, they are just revamping them for the EVO X's.

However, if a car is built before September 1st of any given year, it is still considered a model year of the year before. So, Mitsubishi was busy making as many EVO's before August 31st as possible, and can legally call them model year 2006. So, shipments of EVO's might be still coming in as late as october, and still be considered 2006 model year (which sidesteps the new laws).
Why do the new car laws always make our cars heavier, more expensive, with more electronic crap to break and make lights on the dash go off, and generally harder to work on/ modify... I can see it now... weight sensor adapter harnesses so you can put some sparcos in... i hate that idea of weight sensors... dont put your kid in the front seat, shoot.

Quick Reply: 2007 350z speculations?