Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z DreamZ Crushed

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 08:39 AM
ZantiZipationZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z DreamZ Crushed

My parents just finally told me that I was not going to get a Z when I was 17 nor 18. They said they couldn't afford a $30,000 automobile any time soon, and wished that I would find something else. All I could do was say yes ma'am and yes sir and walk out of the room with a mellow sad smile. I don't know what I'm going to do. I will never be able to save enough money by the time I'm 18. I guess I'll just have to keep trying though. My dreams are officially crushed. Maybe I can do it though, I mean you never know...
Old 07-15-2006, 08:45 AM
ClaytonC01

get your self a $1200 240sx.. drive it and work your *** off.. youll be able to have your dream car
Old 07-15-2006, 08:46 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish there are more parents like your parents.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:49 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might be disappointed right now, but you will thank your parents later for letting you learn the value of money and working hard.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:49 AM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A 30k car for any kid is too much anyways...just work your behind off, you'll be able to afford it someday just like us! Or sell some drugs...just kidding~
Old 07-15-2006, 08:53 AM
Blue_Streek

when i first was getting a car, i wanted in integra. well i could not find one so i had to settle for a DODGE Neon. a car that i turned into a nice performing machine that is one of the longest lasting motor swapped Neon in San Diego.

tommy
Old 07-15-2006, 08:54 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by ZantiZipationZ
My parents just finally told me that I was not going to get a Z when I was 17 nor 18. They said they couldn't afford a $30,000 automobile any time soon, and wished that I would find something else. All I could do was say yes ma'am and yes sir and walk out of the room with a mellow sad smile. I don't know what I'm going to do. I will never be able to save enough money by the time I'm 18. I guess I'll just have to keep trying though. My dreams are officially crushed. Maybe I can do it though, I mean you never know...
get a pre-owned one?
Old 07-15-2006, 09:01 AM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nitrouz
They need to reword it, not that they cant afford it but that they're not stupid enough to buy their teen a 2 seater sports car from him to play with

I always see local teen killed in auto crash on the news, weird how its almost always a newer sports car.

gee thanks parents.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:02 AM
saberphx

BooHoo. I'm 20 years old and guess how I bought my Z? I worked my *** off and saved my money and bought one last year. No help from my parents. Your better off driving a cheaper car incase you get in an accident or something. 350z isn't the only cool car on the road and if I ever had to buy a cheaper car I'd rock a 240 like it was going out of style (haha maybe it is going out of style, but it still can be made into a nasty ride) Then I'd work my *** off with my 240 and buy things as I can afford them, rims, body kit, exhaust etc etc. Also im sure you car find one for relitively cheap already converted to a s14/s13 with perhaps a sr20det, And chances are you could keep up with a Z in one of those, especially if the sr20 is modded. Anyway welcome to the real world.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:20 AM
irish27

I agree with the idea of buying an older car and fixing it up. Do everything you can, install stereo equipment, mod the engine, even paint and bodywork. When you do get the car you want you will have a much better knowledge and save yourself a ton of money doing your own work.

Not many skilled car guys are out of work.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Silkk

Get a 240sx and turbo-swap it...

Buy a 370 or 400Z when you are in your mid-20s...

End of story.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:47 AM
NewJerZ

Originally Posted by nitrouz
+1 ON THAT!! Seems like teens expect parents to hand them over the keys to a $30K car after they pass the driving exam and get their license.

Maybe I'm old school, as I'm 40 now, but I didn't have a car in high school OR college. I went to college near NYC, so...for 4 years, I was using the buses and subways to get from college to travel locally or go to hang out in NYC and NJ Transit or Amtrak to go home on holidays to Philly.

When I DID graduate college in 1987, My extremely thrifty parents (WHO promised me a new car) got me a lovely red 1980 Datsun B-210 hatchback w/super long throw 5-speed manual. OH JOY!!

I'm NOT biatchin'...just stating the facts..

I had to wait until I had a damn job before I could buy my own first sportscar!

Why do kids nowadays expect expensive handouts from their parents??
Old 07-15-2006, 09:58 AM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

or save up $15000 like I did from 15 years of age to 18 and put that as a dp and buy a Z : )
Old 07-15-2006, 09:59 AM
jungle

Your parents have busted their *** for you, you can reward them by doing well in school and getting a good job. It would be nice of you to buy them a car someday, they would enjoy the small token of appreciation.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:25 AM
ZantiZipationZ

You guys give some really good advice. I'm never going to push my parents to do something they can't. It would be very selfish of me. My mom and dad work for every penny, and I really do think that they should not have to spend all of that on me. They deserve all of the money they make, and I deserve only what they want to give. I completely understand this. When your my age, you have to put yourself into your parent's mindframe to understand the choices they make. I love my mom and dad for everything they do for me, and I appreciate everything they have ever given me. I make straight A's in school and I try my hardest to give them every ounce of my respect, and gratitude. This is only a small part of my appreciation. I do anything to make my parents proud and to make my future successful. Again, I love my parents and I understand every decision they make. I can never say they have done nothing for me. They pay the bills, they feed me, and they put clothes on my back. If they stopped giving to me today, they would have given enough to me my whole life to reconcile. Anyways, I appreciate the opinions and advice. Nice to meet you all. <<<ZantiZipationZ
Old 07-15-2006, 10:31 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Good. Because if mom and dad buy you a car, any car, you get little respect from me.

Buy a 240SX or something similar with your money. Get out there every weekend and wash and wax it. Shop for cheap parts at the junk yard. Fix-it-up yourself. Then you get a thumbs-up from me.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:47 AM
saberphx

You sound like a very level headed kid. Just remember hard work pays off and you can get anything you set your mind to (within reason )
Old 07-15-2006, 11:09 AM
Theatrix
Professional

You guys are awfully opinionated. Its all relative to ones means, isn't it? Consider a few possibilities. And this is hypothetical. A kid has his head screwed on straight, is doing well in school, has a direction in life and has worked hard up to this point. Second, the parents are well within their means to buy their son a vehicle like this.
Unless you are there, you have a kid in this situation, I don't think you get a vote that should matter.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Built2shredZ

Hell my parents didnt buy me crap, I had to work a summer job at 16 to get a used 1985 prelude with 70k miles on it....

Work and save for it and you will appreciate the car more, plus your parents will respect you more for doing so.

Quick Reply: Z DreamZ Crushed