Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z DreamZ Crushed

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 11:16 AM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Theatrix
You guys are awfully opinionated. Its all relative to ones means, isn't it? Consider a few possibilities. And this is hypothetical. A kid has his head screwed on straight, is doing well in school, has a direction in life and has worked hard up to this point. Second, the parents are well within their means to buy their son a vehicle like this.
Unless you are there, you have a kid in this situation, I don't think you get a vote that should matter.
Even to this day I would never take a car from my parents. never ever ever.

I'm glad things were never givin to me no matter how good I did.

Only thing my parents help pay for were anything that had to do with schooling.
And even that.... that would be 50% of basic stuff. if I went to college I would have had to pay the whole bill.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:33 AM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is really in your best interest. My first car was a ford tempo, my dad fronted me the money to buy and damn if I didnt pay him back to the cent...

When something sucks, just tell yourself: "it builds character"
Old 07-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Salamander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffie7
Even to this day I would never take a car from my parents. never ever ever.

I'm glad things were never givin to me no matter how good I did.
I'm in the same boat as you. My dad left when I was a kid so my mother raised my lil bro, lil sis, and me all alone. So I never wanted to ask for anyting cause I knew money didn't come easy. That I feel is what made me a workaholic and such a strong person. But also because of work I'm always stressed out and my car and hanging out with friends is the only relaxation I have. So I don't think I would want my kids to go through the same experiences I went through.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:42 PM
hurahn

Originally Posted by dedmoonstears
-no my parents didnt buy stuff for me, even though we were filthy rich i was never spoiled...i left them when i was 18 joined the military, got a used 98 supra...how... i joined the military.
+1 I asked my father if I could have the maxima(1990 SE model) when I graduated high school(1994). He slapped the taste out of my mouth and told me there's a $500 Buick Regal in front of A&P. He also told me he didn't want any bull****/junker cars in front of his house or in the driveway. I know I didn't want a Regal and I knew college wasn't right for me at the time, so I joined the Army. I got a used 96 Honda Accord and was happy. I didn't resent him at all at the time but I understood a whole lot better when he used to tell me that in life, if you want something, you have to make it happen.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the kid knows where we stand. Time to close the thread.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:33 PM
n8236

I drove a Civic when i was 18 at that point, i was happy to even drive. Tough love i guess Try finding a suga momma, that usually works if u're a stud
Old 07-17-2006, 08:39 AM
jamnew

Originally Posted by gerty
regardless of the fact that parents should not be paying 30k for a teenagers car is the fact that a car with 280 hp should be reserved for those that have several years of driving experience.

parents who buy a 280 hp car for a first time driver are borderline retarded...
You must have read my mind. Everyone is talking about the cost of the Z, this is too much car for a 16 year old new driver. Wait a few years until your mind catches up to your reflexes and you'll be surprised at how you avoid collisions by anticipating what is going to happen.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:36 PM
tienlo

steal one
Old 07-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Cannysage

I was thankful that my parents bougtht me a beat up 71 Ford LTD. Thing was a boat... just get a srt-4
Old 07-18-2006, 05:18 AM
zipgun

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
Hell my parents didnt buy me crap, I had to work a summer job at 16 to get a used 1985 prelude with 70k miles on it....

Work and save for it and you will appreciate the car more, plus your parents will respect you more for doing so.
Same here as well, my parents didnt help or get me squat, not even a used 500 dollar whatever... nothing. No car here ( I had to pay my own way thru college as well) rode motorcycles well into my 20's.

I agree earn what you get and nobody can say anything.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:38 PM
L33TZOR

Originally Posted by ZantiZipationZ
My parents just finally told me that I was not going to get a Z when I was 17 nor 18. They said they couldn't afford a $30,000 automobile any time soon, and wished that I would find something else. All I could do was say yes ma'am and yes sir and walk out of the room with a mellow sad smile. I don't know what I'm going to do. I will never be able to save enough money by the time I'm 18. I guess I'll just have to keep trying though. My dreams are officially crushed. Maybe I can do it though, I mean you never know...
was there a specific reason your parents were giving you a car like a new 350z? or were they just being nice and the car was within their budget at the time. I know a 17 year old who was given a 2 year old 6 series BMW and i know a few other young people fortunate enough to have been given a car by a relative. In one way, I am glad I was not this lucky when i turned 16 and became licensed. I learned of the value of hard earned savings. my son is 15, and yes i was financially able to give him a 3 series BMW, and people say that they wish they were my son. but its nothing like that. my son, a perfect straight A earning kid, also was inducted into the national junior honor society among many academic awards i can go on and on. this was my reason to give a young kid something beyond a normal teens car.
right now, i know you are down. i had a similar thing go on when i was sixteen. i thought my mother would help me purchase a brand new yamaha daytona 400 motorcycle, but because my girlfriend (back then of course) got broadsided on her moped, and suffered a broken neck and leg.

I would say, give yourself a goal, any kid who has goals is a better one.
try making a goal to by your self a z.

my first dream car was bought from under me. it took me roughly 6-7 years til i could afford to buy one. just save and you will soon enough be a z owner.
start off with a used one then work your way up to a new one.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:01 PM
zpeedDemon

Originally Posted by ZantiZipationZ
My parents just finally told me that I was not going to get a Z when I was 17 nor 18. They said they couldn't afford a $30,000 automobile any time soon, and wished that I would find something else. All I could do was say yes ma'am and yes sir and walk out of the room with a mellow sad smile. I don't know what I'm going to do. I will never be able to save enough money by the time I'm 18. I guess I'll just have to keep trying though. My dreams are officially crushed. Maybe I can do it though, I mean you never know...
get a job and pay for your own ****.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Combat350z
Banned

NO problem with parents buying a responsible kid a car. Just not a sports car because you are not mature enough to handle it. Sure some may be but most will not be skilled enough to drive it especially in bad weather. I've driven for four years and I can say there is a huge difference between my driving skills now and then
Old 10-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Xoulrath

Originally Posted by Combat350z
NO problem with parents buying a responsible kid a car. Just not a sports car because you are not mature enough to handle it. Sure some may be but most will not be skilled enough to drive it especially in bad weather. I've driven for four years and I can say there is a huge difference between my driving skills now and then
Unfortunately, that isn't something most kids, even responsible ones, learn until after they have driven for some amount of time.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:06 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

What!?!?! Your parents didn't buy you the car you want?!?!?!? Theres only one thing you can do at this point

BURN THE HOUSE DOWN!!!!
Old 10-22-2006, 08:18 PM
iwant_Z

^^ +1 Burn It Downnn
Old 10-22-2006, 08:22 PM
jdm_Z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha, im happy they didn't get you the car. I can't stand seeing punk 17,18 year olds driving our cars. You youngsta's need to stick with your civics. You'd just wreck doing something stupid anyways. Suck to be you.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Mewantbfp

Originally Posted by jdm_Z33
haha, im happy they didn't get you the car. I can't stand seeing punk 17,18 year olds driving our cars. You youngsta's need to stick with your civics. You'd just wreck doing something stupid anyways. Suck to be you.
WTf dont classify us like that im a responsible driver and have no more chance too crash than u do. And to the OP u sound respectable search thru autotrader and find a car in ur parents price range that u guys can agree on. If they dont have the money to buy you any car get a job and ask them to co-sign a loan so you can buy a decent car (5-10,000). But like everyone else said try something with a little less power my first car was a 2003 eclipse rs with 147hp I couldnt imagine having a car with twice that power for my first vehicle. But yeah good luck kid.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:04 PM
luty77

Cool

That still doesn't make u guys better off than this kid tho.
Sure, you guys learned ur lesson "value of money" the hard way.
without getting advantages from ur parents. Is it neccessary?
I don't think so. If parents can afford to buy a nice car for their child,
the child is blessed to have parents like that. Are the parents wrongful
to do so? A BIG FAT NO. The kid might be spoiled, or he might not be.

Obviously, The OP posted this thread to get some cheers from you guys to save up
to buy his own Z. You guys have done nothing but, to laugh at his situation
and say how wrongful it is for parents to buy a nice car to their child at a
such young age.

Those of you, who say "I still wouldn't take a dime from parents"
that's just you. you're not the OP, or anyone else who would gratefully
take what they get from their parents.

Some posters almost sound like they are glad that the OP didn't get his car,
cuz they couldn't at their teen age. Come on, people Aren't you mature enough?

I love my350z.com forum, sometimes this kind of one sided views make
me speechless.

Last edited by luty77; 10-22-2006 at 11:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Z DreamZ Crushed