Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan Service - Take 2... *just inhale .. exhale...*

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 10:41 PM
MyIS300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan Service - Take 2... *just inhale .. exhale...*

inhale... exhale.... everything is going to be ok...

As most of you saw my horrible experience I had with the San Leandro, CA Nissan Service DEPT on this thread here...

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/208946-8-hours-at-the-dealership.html

Today was the worst day ever....

Last time we talked I had brought my car in for the greasing window issue and clicking noise on the axel... they took the car apart... kept me their all day and only to end up with no fix.. no parts... nada. zip...

ok today...
8/12/2006 - 8:56am
I have an appointment today for 9am.. wake up from my hang over last night early… and get a friend to drive me to the San Leandro, CA Nissan Service center for the Axel/Window greasing issue.

They said last week on 8/5/2006 that they would have all the parts required by Tuesday 8/8…

So drop my car off at ~9am this morning and the parking lot was full of cars already… I didn’t sweat it… as long as I have an appointment and parts we are good to go today…

First I wait in line for about 15 min talk to a service consultant that didn’t work on my car last week (everyone that was working last week was not here this week)

As I finally start talking with the service consultant, I already knew I was in for a long day. This guys was all RED in the face about to have a heart attack… he was hella pissed, slamming the phone, throwing paper work… attitude.. ect..

As I start talking to him he opens up the paper work and sees that I have an appointment… so everything is gravy right? In our conversation he was interrupted 3 times by phone calls, other people etc…

He’s about to snap… As I am so nice to him because I want today to be just gravy…
He tells me to wait as he goes to the back to find out if the parts came in….
He comes back and tells me that the parts didn’t come and that he couldn’t do anything for me today and that is was my fault for coming in without calling first…

I was like just my luck.. oh well.. I’ll just get my car back and reschedule for another appointment when the crap comes in.. He tells me to wait near the exit of the garage to wait for my car…

A Nissan lady came and told me while I was waiting for my car to be returned to me said I couldn’t wait their and if I was going to get my car back then I would need to go to the CASHIER..

At this point I call my friend to tell him to leave because I was getting my car back because they didn’t have the parts.

I was like ok.. it wasn’t even 40 min yet no service has been done.. wondering to myself.. why I have to go to the cashier? Anyways I decide to listen to her and go to the cashier..

I met this nice cashier that told me that I should check in the parts DEPT to see if they have my parts… I told her that the service consultant had said the parts are not in.. She insisted that talk to the parts guy..

So I go over to the parts counter and ask some old dude to look me up in the system on the ETA of when my parts are due in. The parts guy says the parts were never order… AT THIS POINT I WAS almost going on tilt… it gets better.. After 15 mins of researching he goes to the back to talk to some techy in parts and only to find out that all the PARTS are in and that they can do the work today… I was like WHAT THE HELL? Why is the service consultant telling me that there are no parts and this guys tells me there are parts.. I asked him to check with the service consultant..

So the parts guy and manager went with me went to talk to the service consultant. After quick yelling by the manager to the service consultant.. I thought everything was gravy… and that it would get fixed today… with a CAR WASH wow right?

Then they asked me where my car was? I was like umm I don’t know it’s a yellow 350ZR.. how can you lose it? After 15 min of searching they found my car parked out back…

They told me to come back at 4pm to pick up my car…

At this point my friend has already went home and had to come back to pick me up from the dealership, because I told him to go home earlier.

My friend comes picks me up and we go home…

8/12/2006 – 3pm
I decide to come a little earlier and to only find out after waiting 15 min in line to talk to the service consultant that my car wasn’t going to be able to be fixed today. I was like WHAT???? You have the parts, you have the people, I came here on time for my appointment, how can you not do the fix for me? And to NOT call me all day to tell me that.. The service guy snapped and was slamming his keyboard, slamming his phone… etc.. I said “look, just give me my car and I’ll leave… this is ridiculous.. “

Took another hour for them to put the door panels back on and off their RACK… got my car back with no apology… I took off hella pissed this time..

I’m thinking of just not even worrying about this TSB or bringing it to another Nissan dealer ship…

Ugh… that was my day…

Nothing fixed... again...
Old 08-12-2006, 10:52 PM
GFrnk69

Originally Posted by MyIS300
inhale... exhale.... everything is going to be ok...

As most of you saw my horrible experience I had with the San Leandro, CA Nissan Service DEPT on this thread here...

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208946

Today was the worst day ever....

Last time we talked I had brought my car in for the greasing window issue and clicking noise on the axel... they took the car apart... kept me their all day and only to end up with no fix.. no parts... nada. zip...

ok today...
8/12/2006 - 8:56am
I have an appointment today for 9am.. wake up from my hang over last night early… and get a friend to drive me to the San Leandro, CA Nissan Service center for the Axel/Window greasing issue.

They said last week on 8/5/2006 that they would have all the parts required by Tuesday 8/8…

So drop my car off at ~9am this morning and the parking lot was full of cars already… I didn’t sweat it… as long as I have an appointment and parts we are good to go today…

First I wait in line for about 15 min talk to a service consultant that didn’t work on my car last week (everyone that was working last week was not here this week)

As I finally start talking with the service consultant, I already knew I was in for a long day. This guys was all RED in the face about to have a heart attack… he was hella pissed, slamming the phone, throwing paper work… attitude.. ect..

As I start talking to him he opens up the paper work and sees that I have an appointment… so everything is gravy right? In our conversation he was interrupted 3 times by phone calls, other people etc…

He’s about to snap… As I am so nice to him because I want today to be just gravy…
He tells me to wait as he goes to the back to find out if the parts came in….
He comes back and tells me that the parts didn’t come and that he couldn’t do anything for me today and that is was my fault for coming in without calling first…

I was like just my luck.. oh well.. I’ll just get my car back and reschedule for another appointment when the crap comes in.. He tells me to wait near the exit of the garage to wait for my car…

A Nissan lady came and told me while I was waiting for my car to be returned to me said I couldn’t wait their and if I was going to get my car back then I would need to go to the CASHIER..

At this point I call my friend to tell him to leave because I was getting my car back because they didn’t have the parts.

I was like ok.. it wasn’t even 40 min yet no service has been done.. wondering to myself.. why I have to go to the cashier? Anyways I decide to listen to her and go to the cashier..

I met this nice cashier that told me that I should check in the parts DEPT to see if they have my parts… I told her that the service consultant had said the parts are not in.. She insisted that talk to the parts guy..

So I go over to the parts counter and ask some old dude to look me up in the system on the ETA of when my parts are due in. The parts guy says the parts were never order… AT THIS POINT I WAS almost going on tilt… it gets better.. After 15 mins of researching he goes to the back to talk to some techy in parts and only to find out that all the PARTS are in and that they can do the work today… I was like WHAT THE HELL? Why is the service consultant telling me that there are no parts and this guys tells me there are parts.. I asked him to check with the service consultant..

So the parts guy and manager went with me went to talk to the service consultant. After quick yelling by the manager to the service consultant.. I thought everything was gravy… and that it would get fixed today… with a CAR WASH wow right?

Then they asked me where my car was? I was like umm I don’t know it’s a yellow 350ZR.. how can you lose it? After 15 min of searching they found my car parked out back…

They told me to come back at 4pm to pick up my car…

At this point my friend has already went home and had to come back to pick me up from the dealership, because I told him to go home earlier.

My friend comes picks me up and we go home…

8/12/2006 – 3pm
I decide to come a little earlier and to only find out after waiting 15 min in line to talk to the service consultant that my car wasn’t going to be able to be fixed today. I was like WHAT???? You have the parts, you have the people, I came here on time for my appointment, how can you not do the fix for me? And to NOT call me all day to tell me that.. The service guy snapped and was slamming his keyboard, slamming his phone… etc.. I said “look, just give me my car and I’ll leave… this is ridiculous.. “

Took another hour for them to put the door panels back on and off their RACK… got my car back with no apology… I took off hella pissed this time..

I’m thinking of just not even worrying about this TSB or bringing it to another Nissan dealer ship…

Ugh… that was my day…

Nothing fixed... again...
Sucks, just go to performance nissan.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:57 PM
topdown-z

Smile

Dude..............Go to Dublin Nissan...........Problem solved.........
Old 08-13-2006, 07:39 AM
Ztalker

they did you wrong ...lol.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:54 AM
bofa

Nail them on the service survey. If you don't get one, call Nissan.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:21 AM
THE TECH

Just another reason not to go to ANY dealership.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:30 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

I havent had a good exp yet from the stearlship.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:44 AM
GMZ

Go to another dealership!
Old 08-13-2006, 09:38 AM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely go to another dealership. Definitely take the survey bofa is talking about and slam their ***.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:44 AM
THE TECH

I have yet to hear of a dealership that doesn't have negative feedback from people on this forum. I can't say that I would trust them to do a good job and take care of my car. That's why I haven't done the grease prob on the windows, the axle clicking deal and the gas intake tube.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:48 AM
corsair

Sounds like many of my dealership experiences. I have found that the majority of Nissan dealerships provide overall poor service and I have been to alot of them. I've contacted NNA even and it's as if Nissan Corporate could care less also. I think the customer surveys are worthless, otherwise the dealerships would be providing better service. Just look at the reports out there. Nissan always ranks very low in the consumer satisfaction surveys.

In contrast, I have a 1993 LS400 and 9 out of 10 of the Lexus dealerships i've been to treat me like gold and my car is 16 years old!

Last edited by corsair; 08-13-2006 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:48 AM
CervanteZ

+1 on going to another delaership, but just for kix, and for your own satisfaction, call Nissan Customer Service (number is in your manual), trust me, those people LOVE and hate hearing that some a-holes at some dealership are screwing up.
I've called before, needless to say the "gentleass" that "helped" me, was fired within a few days. He obviously had a bad record.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:50 AM
06Gcoupin

Seriously, F*CK dealerships, in the end, your car will come out with more problems than what it came in with...
Old 08-13-2006, 10:06 AM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by 06Gcoupin
Seriously, F*CK dealerships, in the end, your car will come out with more problems than what it came in with...
I couldn't agree with that more!!
Old 08-13-2006, 10:12 AM
roast

I couldnt disagree more. Just find one that does good work. They do exist.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:25 AM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by roast
I couldnt disagree more. Just find one that does good work. They do exist.
Maybe we need a list on the site of member approved dealerships. Although, even dealers like Performance who many people like also have had issues with good customer feedback on this forum. I think it may just come down to how lucky you are the day you bring it in. While one person may have had a good experience, I think there are definitely others that have had bad at the same exact dealership.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:49 AM
CervanteZ

Well here's one for disapproval,
Nissan of Vacaville.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:09 AM
LastODJedi
§ith Mã§t€®

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've been taking my Z to Capital Nissan in San Jose. The Service Guy told me that Wednesdays were the best day to bring my Z in. I've been doing it since my first oil change. Every time... in and out in 45 mins.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:01 PM
C4talyst

Not everyone knows the power of a well-written letter. If I were you, I'd document very clearly what you've been through, and draft a letter to the owner of the dealer and Nissan USA. Intelligent business people respond differently to letters than they do to phone calls or personal visits. If your issue is well documented, they should fear reprisals of some sort.

I've gotten a lot of satisfaction from well-written letters sent to the right people.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:16 PM
MyIS300

thx for everyone's support. I'm going to go to another dealership to get this done... and also writing a letter to Nissan USA.

Problem is.. I hated this to happen... I hate writing these posts... I hate thinking about this crap... ugh...

Quick Reply: Nissan Service - Take 2... *just inhale .. exhale...*