Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Good bye Honda?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 10:27 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome. No congratulation until the keys are in your hand.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:29 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JdMfREaK
Yo man i know it sucks to give it up...hondas what brought me in this beautiful street racing world....but no torque....lol hondas got sick mid range...and noting like slamming at 9's but you've stepped it up a notch...injoy in good health ...lol i no i do..i get in my *****...like i just bought it yesterday...and the response to mods is much greater...then an S Duce...Or any other honda...maybe not a K ...but keep it clean...

Don't come round here selling stupid
because we are all stocked up!
Old 08-13-2006, 10:31 AM
NewJerZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JdMfREaK
Yo man i know it sucks to give it up...hondas what brought me in this beautiful street racing world....but no torque....lol hondas got sick mid range...and noting like slamming at 9's but you've stepped it up a notch...injoy in good health ...lol i no i do..i get in my *****...like i just bought it yesterday...and the response to mods is much greater...then an S Duce...Or any other honda...maybe not a K ...but keep it clean...
+1 Totally agree with the weak low-end torque...Test drive one a couple yrs. back and it felt like a Civic at low residential area speeds. I'm not one for having to shift like a madman to get at a car's power -or- in dealing with Honda's no budge on price policy.

Hell, my '93 MR2 with 2.2 L 4 cylinder and 135 HP had better low-end torque (or at least it seemed that way). Even THAT car got old after a while cuz 135HP ain't shyt.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:33 AM
181 BluZ

Good Luck with everything. Welcome to the Forums, everyone here is normally really nice if you seach before you make threads. Hope to See you in a Z soon.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:43 AM
blitzinger1

Originally Posted by Key Of Z
Hi all! I'll introduce myself. I'm Frank and I'm an s2000 owner for the last three years. I have an '03 and it's been a good car. I've always admired the Z ever since I drove a friend's 240 many years ago. On a whim, I stopped by a local Nissan dealer a few days ago and went for a test drive. I drove a base ad unfortunately it still had all the plastic wrap on the interior. A little noisy! I was very impressed to say the least. I'm seriously thinking about the touring model so they tried to locate one and there's not too many around. They have a Grand Touring in the showroom and it's drop-dead gorgeous! Silverstone ( like my S) with the burnt orange seats and m/t of course. The GT is a great package but really more than I'm looking for. Those Ray's wheels are unbelievable. The more I look at it the more I'm getting hooked. They're willing to do a deal around invoice at $34.5 or so.. XM radio side curtain air bags and a few small extras are in there already. I go back tomorrow (Monday) and if I can get close to what I want for the S, I don't see how I can turn this down. Seems like a fair deal from everything I can find online. Man, I can't believe I'm so close to doing this. I've had tons of fun with the Honda and the people I've gotten to know on s2ki are great.
You have a teriffic forum here as well. I've read quite a lot here and I'm extremely impressed with the level of conversation here along with so many helpful and knowledgable poeple. Very unusual for a "car" board. Sorry for the long winded post, and I'll see what's happening tomorrow.
Thanks!
What are you looking for in a car? If you want just bells and whistles then the grand touring probably is for you. If you want to modify the car w/ aftermarket parts, get the base and personalize it to your liking. I'm about to get an 06' base if I dont decide on a white 05' base. After a 2k despoit and 3.5k trade in, the OTD price for the 06 is 22k and for the 05 w/ 3k miles is 21k but I can probably get it to 20k
Old 08-13-2006, 10:58 AM
breed

Hi all! I'll introduce myself. I'm Frank and I'm an s2000 owner for the last three years. I have an '03 and it's been a good car. I've always admired the Z ever since I drove a friend's 240 many years ago. On a whim, I stopped by a local Nissan dealer a few days ago and went for a test drive. I drove a base ad unfortunately it still had all the plastic wrap on the interior. A little noisy! I was very impressed to say the least. I'm seriously thinking about the touring model so they tried to locate one and there's not too many around. They have a Grand Touring in the showroom and it's drop-dead gorgeous! Silverstone ( like my S) with the burnt orange seats and m/t of course. The GT is a great package but really more than I'm looking for. Those Ray's wheels are unbelievable. The more I look at it the more I'm getting hooked. They're willing to do a deal around invoice at $34.5 or so.. XM radio side curtain air bags and a few small extras are in there already. I go back tomorrow (Monday) and if I can get close to what I want for the S, I don't see how I can turn this down. Seems like a fair deal from everything I can find online. Man, I can't believe I'm so close to doing this. I've had tons of fun with the Honda and the people I've gotten to know on s2ki are great.
You have a teriffic forum here as well. I've read quite a lot here and I'm extremely impressed with the level of conversation here along with so many helpful and knowledgable poeple. Very unusual for a "car" board. Sorry for the long winded post, and I'll see what's happening tomorrow.
Thanks!
just wondering if you had any mods on your s2k?i live in putnam valley,i might have seen you around.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Key Of Z

Originally Posted by blitzinger1
What are you looking for in a car? If you want just bells and whistles then the grand touring probably is for you. If you want to modify the car w/ aftermarket parts, get the base and personalize it to your liking. I'm about to get an 06' base if I dont decide on a white 05' base. After a 2k despoit and 3.5k trade in, the OTD price for the 06 is 22k and for the 05 w/ 3k miles is 21k but I can probably get it to 20k
With your deposit and trade you're very close to msrp on a base. OTD is variable depending on your tax rate. Also no limited slip dif on the base. A big no-no in a performance car IMO.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Key Of Z

Originally Posted by breed
just wondering if you had any mods on your s2k?i live in putnam valley,i might have seen you around.
Hi Breed. Nothing really obvious in mods. K&N intake is sorta loud. I have a bunch of interior stuff from Rick's s2k accessories. Leather visor covers, console cover and shift boot. Voodoo shift ****, rediculously expensive Wilton wool custom mats etc. Mostly all show, no go! Muz X brace like it wasn't stiff enough already.

Last edited by Key Of Z; 08-15-2006 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:01 PM
SergEK

I have owned many many Hondas --- raced them, tuned my own and have sold them for a while

When I was in the market for a new car I did alot of research ---- this was 2 years ago

I drove a modded Z and fell in love ----- drove an S2K with mods --- insane sound and a distinctive VTEC wail I was used to

Fast forward to a month ago and the time had come for a decision ---- REVUP motor, 18/19" wheels, a real trunk, larger interior, amazing stance --- I bought a Z and I sell S2000's

I paid about 500 over invoice on an 06 Track Model in Magnetic Black --- so far its everything I thought it would be --- torquey, comfortable and gorgeous

The S2K is a wonderful car that makes most verts look silly on the track --- but in everday living its smaller, has less torque and is less apt for the big power I had planned for my next vehicle

While there are 500+whp S2K's running around ---- I havent seen much more than 700whp at the upper limit

The Z however can crack 600+whp on low boost settings and with a 4.1L motor and sleeves I think well over 1000whp should not be a problem

Most people arent shooting that high for their street car but I think the Z is a much healthier GT car while the S2K is a vert DC2 --- amazing handling but a different beast from what a Z is

Thats coming from a die hard Honda head who still wants to build an all motor 300whp EK hatch

06/07 Z plus bolt-ons = one happy owner of a 12 sec capable car
06 S2K plus bolt-ons = solid 13 sec car

I am 5' 7" and I think the Z is more comfortable --- if your taller or heavier than 170lbs I think the Z is a no brainer for the long haul
Old 08-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Came from a Prelude, I still miss that car. Honda's are great. But I love my Z too.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:29 PM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

frank, you'll love the grandtouring...omfg..the rays staggered...POW!! POW POW!!! DINNER IS SERVED!!!
Old 08-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Key Of Z

Sure. Go ahead. Make me spend a ton of money!
Old 08-13-2006, 06:05 PM
HighwaySpeed

Smile

Welcome Frank!

The Enthusiast model is the best for the $.

The Touring model is better if you want/like Bose and leather/heated/power seats.

The GT model is nice, a bit overkill for most and it's $$$$.

It's 8/06 and any dealer would love to sell their $$$$ GT model! If I were you, I'd do a GOOD search myself on the Nissan site using your zip code. In April, I had a dealer do a search for a GT model..."I found a couple, but they only come with navigation." I went home and did a search on the Nissan site and found about 4 GT models without navigation!

Good Luck!
Old 08-13-2006, 06:19 PM
josephchihweilu

Gcoupin sums it up. im actually trying to put less miles onthe Z but whenever im not driving it i feel like im at loss...
Old 08-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Fletch69z

Welcome aboard! You will definitely enjoy the Z. I test drove an S2000 and an RX8 and both of those test drives just completed my love of the Z. Much more torque, a lot of fun to drive (as are those other cars, I just get more of a feel of character from the Z), and of course, I think it is the best looking of the three. I might be biased though, .
Old 08-14-2006, 08:18 AM
tlewis

Hondas are great cars; my last car was a Honda, but I enjoy the Z much more! Good luck with everything...

Old 08-14-2006, 08:31 AM
TurboSteve

Thanks, Tany. I'm just looking for a little encouragement. Sometimes all you need is a little push. I love the car and like almost everyone else, I hate the thought of spending the cash.

GET IT....
Old 08-14-2006, 04:16 PM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After the owning an s2000 for 5 years, I made the move to the Z and I'm very happy. Awesome car, just as reliable. Both forums are great too.

My Honda was way louder than the Z.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:20 PM
jadaniya
Banned

Originally Posted by craigo'sznprgrs
THREAD GANGSTA!!! What in the world did you just say?
lol. i know. wtf!
Old 08-14-2006, 04:40 PM
sry110

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I think Enthusiast model is a good call if you want to do lots of modifications yourself, but the GT model is nice because it comes loaded with some nice wheels, brakes, and creature comforts. However if I paid extra for the Bose sound system I might feel like I got ripped off. And in my opinion I would save the money spent on the Rays factory wheels and buy some nicer looking (and possibly lighter) aftermarket forged wheels. The Brembo brakes look nice, but if you don't plan on doing any heavy racing they probably aren't absolutely necessary.

The Z is a great car to drive. I highly recommend it.