2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Let's just chill out for a few moments

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 07:00 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hear hear!

I agree that we should all take a collective step back. I think we all agree that Nissan needs to provide their dealerships with a bit more information, and improve the dialog with their pre-order buyers.

I think we can also chalk this up to yet another case of self-induced hysteria. It's natural for us all to be antsy about getting info on our beloved cars. So (quite predictably), once someone hypothesizes that there might be a freighter full of cars on the way from Japan, everyone gets whipped up into a frenzy about getting VIN numbers, etc, etc, etc. It's not wrong, it's completely within the expectations of human nature.

However, at this point, there's nothing to be gained by bitching out ZISME or RxO. I can't say for sure, but I doubt that either of them has unilateral control over the flow of information from NNA to the dealers. If you're unhappy with the flow of information, call the 800 number and let them know. I think ZISME is trying to stem the tide of calls coming in every time another rumor gets posted on the internet. (The rumors are good, don't get me wrong, just understand that they're only rumors, and it's highly probable that a summer intern at Nissan's offices won't know much about anything other than what the computer in front of her is saying.)

As misplaced as this may seem, I am confident that when the time is right, we will all get our delivery dates and VIN numbers with plenty of time to spare before the cars show up. I'm pretty sure Nissan will not just say, "SURPRISE!" and have everyone's cars show up unannounced. (leaving those in need of financing in a lurch.)

Let's not turn into an unruly mob. From what I've seen so far, we've all been a righteous bunch of Fonzies.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:23 PM
BigBadBuford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sure we will all have enough advance warning before our cars get here to "get our ducks in a row". I guess I have one of the few semi-informed dealers around. I don't have an order number (never asked them for it), but they told me my car was going to be built this month and I'd have it in late August/early September. He said that we will get out VIN numbers when the car is ready for shipping and at that time they will have a definite 2-3 day window of when our car will be available for pick-up.