Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

New Noise??

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 02:57 AM
rwalton1129

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Noise??

Ok after searching the forums for a while I am going to post this. I hear a qhistling sound almost like the wind is whistleing past my window while I drive. I have rolled down the window and it is still there. I dont know if the wind is making that noise going around something else on the car or not. The sound is only heard when i am going over like 35 or so. No one in the passenger seat can make out where it is coming form either. Does anyone else have this problem? It is not very loud but kinda annoying. It also does not do it all the time it just kinda starts sometimes.

By the way I have the 06 base model with no popcharger..
Old 09-30-2006, 08:14 AM
oman

its cause you have a base LOL!
Old 09-30-2006, 10:33 AM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rwalton1129
Ok after searching the forums for a while I am going to post this. I hear a qhistling sound almost like the wind is whistleing past my window while I drive. I have rolled down the window and it is still there. I dont know if the wind is making that noise going around something else on the car or not. The sound is only heard when i am going over like 35 or so. No one in the passenger seat can make out where it is coming form either. Does anyone else have this problem? It is not very loud but kinda annoying. It also does not do it all the time it just kinda starts sometimes.

By the way I have the 06 base model with no popcharger..

Hmm sounds like the same thing I have maybe.

Can you basically only hear it when your seated in the normal driving position?

What I mean is, If you try to move your head around to pinpoint where it's coming from, does the sound disapear?

When you hear it, does it sound like it's coming from the headliner where your driver side vanity mirror/ sun visor is at?

Does it kind of sound like wind blowing a loose seal loose on the windshield weather stripping?

When I first heard it, I was driving down the freeway. At first I thought it sounded like there was a piece of tape on the windshield blowing around in the wind.

That's one of the ones I have.

It's not loud but getting more so. It started at about 11,000 miles

Maybe it is a base thing HAHA:-(
Old 09-30-2006, 10:59 AM
z3r0hunter

check the weather stripping on the mirror bracket. the part that looks like a triangle. I had my window motor replace and those bastards didnt put it back on correctly.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:10 PM
KONVERTER

Originally Posted by z3r0hunter
check the weather stripping on the mirror bracket. the part that looks like a triangle. I had my window motor replace and those bastards didnt put it back on correctly.
+1

also around the windshield... they tend to not last very long if kept in the sun... the lower portion that is...