Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Check out what somebody did to my Z....

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 08:46 AM
FORZWIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I first read this I thought that dumping a second coat of oil-based paint on the person followed by a massive beating with the now empty paint can would suffice as pay back. Though I realized that I would do exactly what you are doing, taking it up with the authorities. Although my first idea may have been a little more relieving, there will be gratification when the checks come and he has to pay for what he's done.

...Incase this doesn't work out, worrying about your lug nuts being tight every morning is a horrible thing, can even make you go crazy.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Deftones

Originally Posted by ETTInnov03
...Incase this doesn't work out, worrying about your lug nuts being tight every morning is a horrible thing, can even make you go crazy.
LOL. Why not just remove them entirely. Might make it down to the corner.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:32 AM
ZBigDog

So this kid must run that entire school. He has his own friends trembling in fear and no one will drop the dime.....unbelievable. I thought the cops could do more with all these threats but I guess it is just hearsay. In my day, (HS grad of 99) there were no kids bigger than the law or enough to threaten others like that.

Keep in mind, even if race4it did take up that Special Ops offer, why would he admit to it on a forum, its only evidence against him. I'll just sit back and assume karma and justice has taken place in the form of this punk having his wallet hit and face reconfigured.

Hope its gets straghtened out and all back to normal.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:38 AM
DoomCue

Just dropped the Z off to get the top replaced, came on the forum and I see this thread. I'd like to say I can't believe the stupidity of some people, but I'd be lying....

First, to race4it, if there were more fathers like you, there would be less a$$bag kids like this guy who threw the paint on the car. You're handling this exactly as you should. Your ability to keep cool is admirable, and is a fine example to your two boys.

Second, while I understand the stance of some of the posters about how kids shouldn't have nice cars, it is not their fault some douche decides to take out his passive-aggressive behavior on a car belonging to someone he didn't even know. You can never predict another person's behavior, and it doesn't matter if you have a nice car or not, you can be a target.

Third, has anybody checked youtube.com or any other popular vid sites to see if this video has been posted? I think we should get the 350Z Mafia (not to be confused with the Gay Assistant Mafia, for Entourage fans) involved in that. It would be the epitome of stupidity for these kids to post a video on the Internet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Fourth, race4it, have you asked your special ops guy if he could steal the video? Probably would be a piece o'cake....

-djb
Old 10-11-2006, 11:05 AM
350zz053

update?
Old 10-11-2006, 05:19 PM
bofa

I say send the special ops guy to the kids house that has the video... then make sure he cleans up after the *** that did this gets out of jail.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:28 PM
chill_babe

I'm actually from a benz forum, but a member showed me that picture of your car. I just wanted to say that is pretty messed up...I'd be steamin' mad but you have a sweet car, you fixed it up nice
Old 10-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Wendy
L A d y z 3 3

What a bunch of haters!!...
Old 10-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Z3Y3CON

It's nice to see so much support go out for something like this. Granted it's being taken care of in a professional manor, many including myself probably couldn't have done that. That being the reason I just joined this forum over all the others. It's nice to see Z enthusiasts looking out for each other.

As for the car, that it gorgeous and I hope your kids realize what they have. Many grown ups couldn't come up with the money to pursue a vehicle like this in their lifetime.

Very nice cars and good luck with the end result.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:39 AM
race4it

Originally Posted by Z3Y3CON
It's nice to see so much support go out for something like this. Granted it's being taken care of in a professional manor, many including myself probably couldn't have done that. That being the reason I just joined this forum over all the others. It's nice to see Z enthusiasts looking out for each other.

As for the car, that it gorgeous and I hope your kids realize what they have. Many grown ups couldn't come up with the money to pursue a vehicle like this in their lifetime.

Very nice cars and good luck with the end result.

No doubt about it. The support on this forum is incredible and that's why so many people are active on it (of course it doesn't hurt that the Z information is top notch too). This thread has had over 17,000 views and over 260 posts in less than a week. That's got to be some kind of record!

As for the cars, you're absolutely right, and I've read the many negative threads on this site about teenagers having high-powered Z's. There is no doubt that my kids are very fortunate in this regard, and I’ve had to pay close attention to how they've handled the luxury of motorsports and fast cars since they first started racing at about age 8 or 9 (they are 16 and 17 now). As many have correctly pointed out in other threads, the risk of this type of privilege producing an arrogant, self-righteous teen is high, and the danger of letting a teenager (my kids were 15 when they got their license) drive a 500-600RWHP car on the streets/track can end in the worst kind of disaster. The truth be told, it still scares me when they head out at night, but I believe the risks can be managed down to acceptable levels (though it took a while to convince my wife of that).

My goal with the cars/racing was to keep them close and busy on the weekends (I was a REAL BAD hell-raiser as a teen/20’s so I know what the alternative is and I know whose genes my boys got), teach them how to be disciplined and handle frustration (Nothing does this better than motorsports. Try slamming the wall on the last lap right before you take the checker because of a rookie lap car and see what you learn about frustration), and give them a taste of some of the finer things in life (like Z's) that you can get with hard work.

And while over the years, both boys have lost their car/racing privileges a number of times (grades, arrogance, temper, disrespect, etc), all and all they've handled it well and learned from it; and I believe they're both well on their way to becoming great adults who understand and appreciate the importance of humility and the difference between a right and a privilege.

Anyway, thanks again for all the support. The car will be fine and will be repainted in the next couple of weeks. As for the boy who did it, we know who he is but don’t have much solid proof (like pictures or video). The DA is considering now whether he will take the case forward as it is, or wait to see if some further evidence will come out.

I’ll keep you all posted.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:03 AM
350zz053

goodluck! we are all behind you.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:03 AM
diwun67

Awesome
Old 10-12-2006, 12:36 PM
ReV74

Best Of Luck Man...I know how you feel !!! Trust me I'm doing Worse

https://my350z.com/forum/new-owners/223215-dream-car-burnt-after-1-week-of-purchase.html
Old 10-13-2006, 05:34 AM
vinny fins

Like the guy from a few posts back, I'm from another forum board that this popped up on. I've always liked Z-cars and I shed a man-tear for yours this morning! Like others, I'm very impressed with how you're handling this and I tip my hat to you! Good luck with getting the kids responsible.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:35 AM
TurboSteve

hey I'm from fredericksburg too living in Boise right now though
Old 10-13-2006, 07:51 AM
mad323i

come here via a link from bimmerforums, had to register to say thats one of the most sensless acts of stupidity i have ever seen, i drive excavators for a living and if somone did that to my car i would be digging a really deep hole for them right now.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Driven1
Professional

I second the comments of previous posters. This guy seems to be a great father. He leads by example. We need more fathers like this in the world today.

I applaud the way you handled this, and your son seemed to keep his composure as well. That right there should tell you that you're doing something right.

Best of luck to you and your sons.

Cars are cars and can always be replaced, and as flaming as this sounds, cars mean nothing when you have a family relationship like they seem to have. And here I though sports kept kids outta trouble.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:23 AM
Jonathan Allyn

good luck! You seem like a great father.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:42 PM
justinrhenry

someone may have already said this, but if the kid's parents were upstanding people they'd come forward and offer to pay the damages even if there's no "proof" their kid did it.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Integrity
Banned

I'm hoping that justice is served here. Keep us posted Race4it. Your composure through all this is very commendable.

Quick Reply: Check out what somebody did to my Z....