Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dealer information re: build & delivery dates

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 05:28 PM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems right.
I am #3 of 3 at my dealer and also have an August build and September/Octover delivery (acording to my dealer that is...but I have yet to receive confirmation of my order from Nissan Canada).
I think the amount that each dealer will get in each build month will depend on the amount of cars sold. For example, if they had 30 cars sold for pre-orders, then 10 will come in August/september, another 10 in september/october and another 10 in october/november. Just my thought, but I could be way off.
Old 07-16-2002, 05:20 AM
irishfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered on 2/1, was #1 of 1 at my dealer, and my car is being built in August for October delivery. There is no rhyme or reason to the order cars are coming. From looking at SCAFREMON's spreadsheet, there looks like a bit of a pattern that orders in the Midwest seem to be showing up far later than orders on the coasts.
Old 07-16-2002, 06:33 AM
jrreed350togo

I think you guys ordering early but getting your cars late are being screwed. Are these smalltown dealerships you guys are ordering from? I personally think that someones nephew took your slot and they pushed you back. I ordered the 1st of March and I surely expect a Late August early September delivery date.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:22 AM
Ladypod
Charter Member #66

I, too, think that Midwest cars are coming later. I ordered 1/23 and have a high degree of confidence that my order was faxed the following morning. None of the orders that went in ahead of me (Indianapolis dealership) are coming any earlier than mine. Late Sept. is the best that I am told to hope for. So much for being at the front of the line.
Old 07-16-2002, 04:28 PM
irishfan

Originally posted by Ladypod
I, too, think that Midwest cars are coming later. I ordered 1/23 and have a high degree of confidence that my order was faxed the following morning. None of the orders that went in ahead of me (Indianapolis dealership) are coming any earlier than mine. Late Sept. is the best that I am told to hope for. So much for being at the front of the line.
Which dealer did you order from? I got mine down in Seymour, because the Columbus dealer had already sold his one and only. It looks like all of the Indiana pre-orders got pushed waaaay back. I got my first confirmation later two weeks after I ordered, so I know my order went in right away.

I tried the Bloomington dealer too, but he wouldn't sell it to me - what a jerk.
Old 07-16-2002, 04:44 PM
mdouvris

Default It sucks

Yea I know.. Irish you are getting totally hosed. You should have yours no later that Sept..but Im in the same boat..almost. I ordered on March 1 and am looking at a October build or delivery. I know nimse said those numbers don't mean anything...we can only hope not. I would like Sept delivery, however, I looked at that confirmation letter again and it does read that Aug-Oct is the time frame for me to get the car. The midwest always gets hosed...Hell, we don't even get to see the car before we get it! That, I think, sucks the most. Im glad all of our Z bretheren are taking pics and keeping us posted.
Old 07-16-2002, 06:04 PM
Sabre

I know what you mean. I have a Honda plant right near my home town. I hate all those damn Odysseys on the road.
Old 07-16-2002, 06:43 PM
justwant1

I think those of us that ordered early and are receiving Oct. delivery dates are getting screwed. I ordered on 1/16/02 and mine is supposed to be delivered Oct. 31st +- 10 days, and I was the dealers #1 pre-order. I actually went to another dealer, this week, and got a different car from them. The original order was 3/6/02 and the car is scheduled for Sept. 30th delivery, July build. Same model, same options, different color. So what's up with the early orders getting screwed?
Old 07-16-2002, 07:33 PM
drivebywire

I ordered in 01/21 from a small dealer in a small town in Ohio. Delivery date is late Sep/early Oct. I definetely think that mid west has low priority vs big town such as Miami or LA etc.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:33 PM
justwant1

I'm not sure that's true, I'm in Chicago and my date is Oct 31st.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:51 PM
LowFuel

When you placed the order with your dealer, and when they faxed it to Nissan, might not be one in the same.
Only reason I can think of...
Old 07-16-2002, 08:01 PM
justwant1

Order 1/16, faxed 1/16.
Old 07-16-2002, 08:08 PM
raymanZ
Site Sponsor

Default Chicago order

Ordered 1-17 and was told by my dealer that car would be here mid-August. Right outside of Chicago.

So I hope he's right.

RaymanZ
Old 07-16-2002, 08:27 PM
Ladypod
Charter Member #66

Originally posted by irishfan

Which dealer did you order from? I got mine down in Seymour, because the Columbus dealer had already sold his one and only. It looks like all of the Indiana pre-orders got pushed waaaay back. I got my first confirmation later two weeks after I ordered, so I know my order went in right away.

I tried the Bloomington dealer too, but he wouldn't sell it to me - what a jerk.
Bloomington sold its only car to the dealership owner. It took 6 days to get that out of them, or I would have up at Hubler Nissan in Indy sooner. Our only comfort is that many others are in the same boat we are--I would probably run off the road if I saw a new Z anytime soon.
Old 07-16-2002, 08:27 PM
justwant1

raymanZ...you might want to follow up with your dealer. What dealer, if you don't mind my asking? I was told the same thing until late last week. Instead of calling my dealer I reached out to NNA's Regional office and they got me the info I was looking for, August Production, Oct Delivery. From what I hear, there aren't any Chicago deliveries in August.
Old 07-16-2002, 08:38 PM
raymanZ
Site Sponsor

Default Chicago delivery again

Hmm,

you might be right, but I'll tell you this:

I never asked about delivery dates. yet they (dealership) called me out of the blue to tell me that mine is a July build, August delivery date for my car. They must have had a shipment sheet from Nissan since they seemed pretty sure of it.

In all honesty, while I believe your experiences, I really see no practical reason why the Midwest should get their cars late. Makes no sense to me. If the cars hit the west coast, then travel by land, we should be getting them before the East coast guys (by a few days, all other factors such as order date being equal)

So I just dont get it. The dealership I went through is Continental Nissan. No problems with them whatsoever. They've been very helpful and have kept in touch.

Did you ever find out why your dealership initial thought it was August build, then retracted. What were they basing their info on?

RaymanZ
Old 07-16-2002, 08:41 PM
justwant1

Nope, still waiting to hear on why it was changed. I'm glad you've had a good experience with your dealer. I have heard, that July builds are due for Sept. delivery. They could be as early at Spet 15th and as late as Oct. 10th. That was from the NNA Regional office.