Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Official 2007 Z Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Ser-J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

year, the reason that z was locked is probably cause if someone popped the hood they would see the 06 engine.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:47 PM
350zQ45a

Originally Posted by Seedy1812
What were Nissan thinking about when they tweaked this version. The shape of the car was athing of beauty - now it looks like a supermodel with a botched nose job. Here's a quick message to them "if it ain't broke don't fix it". If the new hood and the antenna is all they can impress us by the whole research budget must have stretch to a couple of pizzas. Sorry if i seem to be going off on one but I jst had to speak up
Lol.. they didn't even do anything with the antenna it appears..

my first mod will surely be an s2k antenna

Nissan can be slow to the game with some of these things. The antenna being an example. Also, I think Nissan is the only car I have been in that doesn't auto lock when you begin to drive.

Still nice of them to drop the HR engine in for us Z33 lovers.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Deftones

Originally Posted by Seedy1812
What were Nissan thinking about when they tweaked this version. The shape of the car was athing of beauty - now it looks like a supermodel with a botched nose job. Here's a quick message to them "if it ain't broke don't fix it". If the new hood and the antenna is all they can impress us by the whole research budget must have stretch to a couple of pizzas. Sorry if i seem to be going off on one but I jst had to speak up
Uh... believe it or not, some people are motivated to buy automobiles by various factors other than by looks alone. The Z wasn't broke (unless you take into consideration the whole oil consumption issue with 06's) the Z just got better. New engine needed a roomier engine bay, thus the new hood design. As for the antenna, IDK WTF you are talking about. Again though, I don't think Nissan was trying to impress anyone with the new hood, it's just what had to be done to allow the new engine to fit... but hey... if it bothers you that much, you can always take it off completely and drive around with your engine exposed.

Personally, the I think the hood looks pretty sexy from far away angles, and then freakishly weird from the zoomed in shots. Good thing I'm buying the whole car and not just the hood, huh.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:25 PM
350zQ45a

It really does seem to appear drastically different from certain angles, at least in these preliminary shots.

The original pictures the hood seemed to be bulbous. These recent pics the hood seems to flow better, to be one with the body as opposed to a hideous add on.

Guess we will just have to wait to see it in person.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:48 AM
Seedy1812

Originally Posted by Deftones
Uh... believe it or not, some people are motivated to buy automobiles by various factors other than by looks alone.
When I bought My Z it was a choice between the crossfire , rx-8 and the Z. I had a testdrive in the Z first and it was that which sold me on the car. From the response I get from people here in England has been complements on how the car looks and I do think its a classic shape. Some people like to change bits or have body kits to customise the car , I have a nismo JDM rear spoiler V1 and nismo US sideskirts and s2k radio ariel

The Z wasn't broke (unless you take into consideration the whole oil consumption issue with 06's) the Z just got better. New engine needed a roomier engine bay, thus the new hood design.
Having an 04 model I can't comment on the oil issue , but from what I gather the oil dipstick will be at the front and easily accessible. This is a good thing

We all like the car and thankfully peoples taste in what is good/bad is not the same.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:14 PM
NightRida

Personally I think you guys hating on the hood are just pissed that your car DOES NOT have the new HR engine in it and as someone else said, it's gonna be nice when the 07 Z flies by the late model Z(excluding highly modified Z)
07 Here we come baby!
Peace!
Old 11-24-2006, 05:02 PM
SargentZ

I guess the other Z in the backround is an 06??? It looks like people are poppin the trunk and doors open.
SZ
Old 11-24-2006, 05:03 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I wonder if that 07 hood will fit on a 03-06 350Z with a Stillen SC?
Old 11-24-2006, 06:23 PM
brigz

Originally Posted by NightRida
Personally I think you guys hating on the hood are just pissed that your car DOES NOT have the new HR engine in it and as someone else said, it's gonna be nice when the 07 Z flies by the late model Z(excluding highly modified Z)
07 Here we come baby!
Peace!
I am one that dislikes the hood but appreciate that they have a new engine. (i would love to have the HR!). But if you look at the indented lines of the hood, they flow with the lines of the 06 bumper with the indent in the lip portion. Plus im guessing the profile of the car from the side wouldnt be that great.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:12 PM
NightRida

Default Question

Yes that is true but look at it this way, would you rather have a vehicle with oil consumption issues without a bulge or a vehicle w/o(Hopefully) oil consumption issues and a bulge? Personally I think this Z is a male because its seems as if it has a hard on, more like a boner I guess
Peace!
Old 11-24-2006, 08:09 PM
Deftones

I stopped by the dealership today to see if the pricing for the 07's were available yet. These people here are so in the dark it's not even funny. "It's the same as the 06, no changes." Etc, etc. I spent a good 30 minutes educating a few guys about the engine, hood, colors, etc. It's really sad that a car that is going to own so much a$$ is still being kept in the dark. They did have a PPW 06 Touring on the lot for me to sit in and fantasize with. I stared at it so long that I almost forgot how dope MB looks. Good things come to those who wait I say. It's just the waiting part that sucks. One of these days... *sigh*
Old 11-24-2006, 10:12 PM
zergalisk

Originally Posted by SargentZ
I guess the other Z in the backround is an 06??? It looks like people are poppin the trunk and doors open.
SZ
Yes, the Nissan rep was wondering why I wouldn't get out of it.

Can't wait to get my own Z!
Old 11-25-2006, 05:02 AM
NVS_350Z

Originally Posted by 350zQ45a
Lol.. they didn't even do anything with the antenna it appears..

my first mod will surely be an s2k antenna

Nissan can be slow to the game with some of these things. The antenna being an example. Also, I think Nissan is the only car I have been in that doesn't auto lock when you begin to drive.

Still nice of them to drop the HR engine in for us Z33 lovers.
First of all if you put a S2000 antenna on it will lose a reception cause thats what happened on my 04 (it does look good though). You'll need sometime to boost the strength then put a S2k antenna on . Secondly why does the car need auto lock? Auto lock is part of the alarm system and most cars dont come with ALARM SYSTEMS but keyless entry. The only cars I know of that have autolock from the factory are german cars like Vw/Audi, BMW, Mercedes. Yet they still have Keyless entry alarms.

07 Z is pure hotness same goes for all yr Z's. If this one didnt come with the new HR motor I'd already have a 06 Z. Your just gonna have to wait til the full production 07 Z comes out to really see how awesome it will be. Those pictures are just dressed up 06 Z's

Last edited by NVS_350Z; 11-25-2006 at 05:04 AM.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:02 AM
350zQ45a

Originally Posted by NVS_350Z
First of all if you put a S2000 antenna on it will lose a reception cause thats what happened on my 04 (it does look good though). You'll need sometime to boost the strength then put a S2k antenna on . Secondly why does the car need auto lock? Auto lock is part of the alarm system and most cars dont come with ALARM SYSTEMS but keyless entry. The only cars I know of that have autolock from the factory are german cars like Vw/Audi, BMW, Mercedes. Yet they still have Keyless entry alarms.

07 Z is pure hotness same goes for all yr Z's. If this one didnt come with the new HR motor I'd already have a 06 Z. Your just gonna have to wait til the full production 07 Z comes out to really see how awesome it will be. Those pictures are just dressed up 06 Z's
I don't quite understand what you are saying regarding the auto lock. Of all the cars I have test driven, friends own, rentals etc etc, they have all had autolock. All cars are required to have factory alarms.

It's not something I really care about, although I wouldn't complain having it. I am sure this is one of those features that Nissan will bring to the table eventually. I don't mind having my doors auto lock when I go over 5 mph or put the car in drive or whatever the case may be.

As for the antenna, I don't remember people complaining about the reception with the s2k antenna, if that is the case, that kind of sucks. I only listen to sat radio which I now hope to have integrated. Now that there appears to be a screen stock on all models, it will be nice to have the sat integrated, since you will be able to see the info on a scrolling screen as opposed to the small readout of the older double din head unit
Old 11-25-2006, 07:10 AM
NVS_350Z

I guess the cars I've driven or have owned (Japanese cars) dont have autolock besides my wifes 03 Celica which she bought the alarm system from toyota. You were saying that Nissan is the only car that didnt come with autolock so I was just saying not really!

It might have just been my 04 Z but when I had the S2k antenna on I lost reception so I went out and bought some kinda antenna signal booster which worked pretty well. It required power/ground and hooked up to your radio.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:29 AM
Deftones

Now that there appears to be a screen stock on all models, it will be nice to have the sat integrated, since you will be able to see the info on a scrolling screen as opposed to the small readout of the older double din head unit
I don't think that is a very safe assumption to make. That car that zergalisk took pictures of - had what appeared to be a navigation screen that did not have a cubby door, yes... but keep in mind that this is a show car. Alot of stuff on "pre-production models" might not make it into the final product. Did you ever see the G35 pre-production car? I'd love to have a screen where an empty cubby would be, but I'm not banking on it... especially since I'm getting an Enthusiast. That dressed up 06 might have just have had 07 touring trim installed.

As for radio reception and s2k antennas... I've heard this before as well. But I don't listen to the radio :P So I don't really care if it sucks... it looks better.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:32 AM
350zQ45a

I don't think that is a very safe assumption to make. That car that zergalisk took pictures of - had what appeared to be a navigation screen that did not have a cubby door, yes... but keep in mind that this is a show car. Alot of stuff on "pre-production models" might not make it into the final product. Did you ever see the G35 pre-production car? I'd love to have a screen where an empty cubby would be, but I'm not banking on it... especially since I'm getting an Enthusiast. That dressed up 06 might have just have had 07 touring trim installed.

As for radio reception and s2k antennas... I've heard this before as well. But I don't listen to the radio :P So I don't really care if it sucks... it looks better.
Yes, I really am hoping this to be the case. It sure looks exactly like the 07 G screen, which is standard on all models irregardless of NAV.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:38 AM
Deftones

Yes, I really am hoping this to be the case. It sure looks exactly like the 07 G screen, which is standard on all models irregardless of NAV.
Right on. I hope you're right.

So... wth does the screen display in the G's without NAV?

Last edited by Deftones; 11-25-2006 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:55 AM
350zQ45a

It looks as though the 07 Maxima has it as well. Appears to be the only Nissan with it right now.

On the Maxima it displays:
This one display tells you just about everything you need to know — trip wise:
• Average speed
• Average fuel consumption
• Miles to empty
• Driving time
• Outside temperature

Of course it also displays all the audio, climate, etc... Be nice with the sat radio. I wasn't much interested in the integrated sat radio prior, due to the small screen (unless you opted for nav)
Old 11-25-2006, 07:56 AM
350zQ45a

Any of you 06 Z owners going to trade when the 07s arrive

Quick Reply: Official 2007 Z Discussion Thread