Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Official 2007 Z Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 04:09 PM
6894kevin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SargentZ
Maybe true, but BS at 900 bucks. The week-long boat ride doesn't expose your car to as much salt as driving it for 10 minutes in the winter post ice or snowfall so I'd say opt-out if its a dealer option. Never heard of the factory doing this and adding the cost to MSRP without it showing up on the invoice. This is usually a dealer thing and cost them 2 bucks in chemicals and they turn around and charge you 900. Slick bastard$...
Don't get me wrong man, i don't know if it's true or not just what i heard froma friend. O and i never said it would add to the MSRP or show up on the invoice. (don't get what i said twisted) And i agree 100% on it being BS at 900.00 bucks for a few rattle cans from the dealer. I wouldn't pay 900.00 for any under coating from anywhere, unless it was rhino lining or something like that. Just my .02

Cheers

Kevin
Old 02-02-2007, 06:08 PM
FigTuna

I absolutely agree with the crap factor being a 10 out of 10. The stickers on the car I was refering to had the factory sticker with the gas milage figures, etc. and then there was a second dealer sticker that listed $880 in additional charges for under-coating and paint treatment, I think not!!!! I calculated dealer invoice of the Touring Coupe with the usual options (including a Serius sat. radio)including side air bags to be $32,075 as the car only increased a total of $260 over the 06 model (same car's dealer invoice was $31,815). I'll walk if they try to pull any BS on me or if they try to tack on $880 after we shake hands!

Evo...thanks for your impressions especially your comments on the CS and the seats. At least I've narrowed down my choices to your set-up or the San Marino Blue. Now all i need is to decide is which interior would go best with the SMB....Charcoal Blk or the frosted leather and then decide between the two cars! Any opinions out there in cyberland????

Later
Old 02-03-2007, 05:05 AM
6894kevin

If it were me i would stay the hell o way from the frosted leather, IMO you will get it stained and besides it would be hard as hell to keep clean. Go black, it looks great with tint and would match the SMB.
But then again i am ordering SMB with the Carbon Black Cloth, so maybe my opinion doesn't count.

Cheers

Kevin
Old 02-03-2007, 08:02 AM
FigTuna

I'm leaning more toward the Blk seats in the SMB for the same reasons.

Has anyone actuall seen some of the newer colors such as the SMB and the Solar Orange. I'm interested to find out if the paints are pearlecent??

I like the CS but after seeing a black colored 2006 Coupe and how it accented and made the wheels standout, I was impressed with it's appearance. I'm over complicating my choice but I'm hoping in the near future that the local dealerships will have a large selection to compare the various colors of interiors and exteriors. We'll see, right now I have to calm my compulsive behavior and not just run off and buy the first one that comes off the trailer!!!!

Hopefully as the members of this chat-line receive their cars, they'll post pics of their cars.

By the way, the sticker crap that I mentioned is not an option, apparently it's done before the car is placed up for sale....still crap though, especially in Tucson, AZ!!!!

I've learned a lot about buying a new car lately.
Rule 1: NEVER pay MSRP (unless your a hopelessly emotional un-balanced individual, of course that's happens to unsuspecting victums "bitten' by the raw sex appeal of the Z...it's an illness or syndrome of sorts that modern madicine has yet to reveal)
Rule 2: The negotiated cost of a Z should hover close to Dealer Invoice (DI)
Rule 3: Dealers do not pay DI for the cars...duhhhhh, they get special pricing for the volume of cars they order from Nissan. They make it seem like that's the price they pay! When I was negotiating for a 2006 touring roadster, the sales person went from $40,890 down to 34,750...that's below DI. They're still making money!!!
Rule 4: Take your emotion out of the deal (tough one when it comes to the Z) and be prepared to "walk"
Rule 5: Empower yourself and stay in control of the negotiations, never let the sales person take control.
Rule 6: MOST IMPORTANT....DO YOUR RESEARCH, CHECK OUT OTHER DEALERSHIPS AND TALK TO PREVIOUS OWNERS THAT HAVE HAD DEALINGS WITH THE DEALERSHIP!
Rule 7: If your doing a trade in, don't rely on the dealership trade-in value information...have that information before you drive onto the lot. If the sales person presents you information that your uncomfortable with or suspicious of...ASK QUESTIONS!!! NEVER take their word for it...they work off of commissions. I asked about trading in my 02 Lexus RX 300 and their were going to "give" me $16,000, they showed me the paperwork for the trade-in and guess what...according to my figures they were $3500 below Kelly Blue Book (the car is loaded with options that they didn't add!) This is how they make their margins!!

I walked!!!!! (It felt great!) But I'll wait until the PERFECT car shows up at the lot and then I'll have my dream car.

Thanks everyone, I love this forum .....PICTURES, I MUST HAVE PICS TO DROOL OVER!!!!!

Last edited by FigTuna; 02-04-2007 at 06:42 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:13 AM
mannys

My ordered daytona blue touring model finally arrived on Thursday! It took one week short of three months for the car to get here and everything that I ordered was correct. The Nissan VPP plan made it easy to get under invoice pricing.

The car is great. Zero problems so far, but the radio has to go. The orange stitching on the charcoal interior looks cool.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:17 AM
tomiegunzz

Originally Posted by mannys
My ordered daytona blue touring model finally arrived on Thursday! It took one week short of three months for the car to get here and everything that I ordered was correct. The Nissan VPP plan made it easy to get under invoice pricing.

The car is great. Zero problems so far, but the radio has to go. The orange stitching on the charcoal interior looks cool.
Post pics! I want to see what DB looks like with the 07 hood.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:34 AM
FigTuna

"The radio has to go"? You said the car is a Tour model so that would be the Bose system, I'm not that familiar with the sound system nor have I had a chance to listen or test it, why do you not like it? Your not "one of those" who likes to crank the base to nose-bleed volumes are you?

Speaking of which, I had some guy sitting behind me in traffic the other day in what was the rattiest looking car with one of those SUPER woofer cars, (I love it, the car looks like a wreck but the stereo and wheels are worth more than the vehicle!!), totally cranked-up so that it hurt everyone's ears within a 50ft radius (and my windows were closed!). My filings were rattling!!!! Geeeese, I like loud music but that guy's volume was annoying, offensive, and obnoxious!

Later

Last edited by FigTuna; 02-04-2007 at 06:53 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:52 AM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a Touring, so it's the Bose, which everyone on here knows SUCKS
Old 02-04-2007, 07:05 AM
6894kevin

If your getting the touring B/C of the Bose system SAVE YOUR MONEY just about any aftermarket system will sound better.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:46 AM
NightRida

I concur!
Peace!
Old 02-05-2007, 03:57 PM
rhaas

Originally Posted by tomiegunzz
Post pics! I want to see what DB looks like with the 07 hood.
https://my350z.com/forum/new-owners/247075-2007-daytona-blue-enthusiast-6mt-it-arrived-early.html
Old 02-05-2007, 04:35 PM
downforce

Test drove an ‘07 Enthusiast AT PPW today! The hump isn't that obvious on the white. I really thought that I wanted MB but the hump just doesn't look good on the black at all. The San Marino Blue is nice but I may end up with the new Carbon Silver.

Ok, now for the drive. It's been about a year and half since I've driven one so I can't give you a back to back comparison. I've driven past models (all MT) and loved the power and the handling. I know there weren’t supposed to be any suspension changes but I swear it feels stiffer and more responsive. Maybe it's the stickier RE050A tires and stiffer sidewalls or they had more tire pressure or the new speed sensitive steering, I don’t know. It had great handling. I didn’t push it too hard so I don’t know the ultimate power of the new engine, plus it already had 35 miles on it and probably wasn’t properly broken-in. I can tell you the low end torque is back like the ‘03 models though and the throttle response is very snappy even in the AT. The slap stick in the AT wasn’t too bad but I still want a 6spd MT.

Definitely makes my desire for a Z burn even hotter! GOTTA GET ONE SOON!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:10 PM
shift3.5

Originally Posted by mannys
. The orange stitching on the charcoal interior looks cool.
Orange stitching on charcoal leather?? Someone please post pics.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:23 AM
LastODJedi
§ith Mã§t€®

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shift3.5
That's what I have in my '05. I can post pics later if your looking for reference photos. Sorry it's not an '07.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:28 AM
downforce

Here you go.
Official 2007 Z Discussion Thread-06_350z_22.jpg
Old 02-06-2007, 08:41 AM
shift3.5

Do all of the charcoal seats for 07 come with the orange stitching?
Old 02-06-2007, 09:53 AM
PDing

2007 Grand Touring.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Deftones

OMG. How tall are you PDing?
Old 02-06-2007, 01:50 PM
SargentZ

any pix of an 07 frost interior? does it have orange stitching and is it is bad as they say it is with color bleed from clothes. Thinkin a San Marino would look sweet with this interior.

SZ
Old 02-06-2007, 02:00 PM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

I finally got to see the 07s in person. My local dealership finally got some. I was trying not to dislike the hood until I saw one in person, but I definitely don't care for it. I parked my car beside one and I like the 03-06 hood much better. I know the 07 hood was changed to accomidate the new engine, but I don't like it. Otherwise the car looks nice. I would love to drive one to see how much difference there is in the way they drive over the earlier models.

Quick Reply: Official 2007 Z Discussion Thread