Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Navi Owners manual.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 08:17 PM
InternetABYSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navi Owners manual.

I found the Xanavi owners manual for the infinity G35 which is the exact same Nav that is used for the 350z. (told by nissan and xanavi)

If you wanna get the all the info on the inside and out of the Nav...just read this owners manual.

Check out my site www.internetabyss.com

CLICK HERE

Last edited by InternetABYSS; 07-16-2002 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-16-2002, 09:23 PM
3rdpower

Hey this is pretty cool
One thing to consider however, the Z will have additional menus with information about the vehicle's service and performance index. This is one extra that hasn't really been talked about. I believe this squarely puts the value back on the DVD Nav OEM system versus third party versions!
Old 07-16-2002, 09:39 PM
Intrepid

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have the wrong manual. The correct manual is the 2003-Infiniti-QX4-Navi.pdf. This one has the touch screen as does the 350Z. The G35 does NOT.

To read about the details and download the correct Nav Manual, see this thread:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ion+and+manual

Last edited by Intrepid; 07-16-2002 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-17-2002, 01:01 AM
InternetABYSS

Are you sure it is just like the Q45....I was told long time ago it had touch screen too...and after reading the information on the g35...I was bummed out that it wasnt touch screen...I asked to make sure if it was the same nav in the G35 and was told yes it was. But the person that told me that was dealer and regional NNA.....They have been wrong before. But hey if it is the q45 version then cool...but ill stick with what I was told that it would be like the one in the g35 until i get Zisme or someone to post proof that nissan is stating it is like the q45 then i wont get my hopes up since nissan seems to be keeping the 350 and the g35 on the same format.
Old 07-17-2002, 01:19 AM
john0213

WTF!!!????TOUCH SCREEN!!!???
Old 07-17-2002, 01:35 AM
Intrepid

The 350Z has the touch screen. This has been discussed before in this thread: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ion+and+manual

When configuring your new 350Z from the www.nissandriven.com site, instead of checking the box to select the navigation system, click on the option, not the checkbox.

You will get:

Nissan Navigation System

The Nissan Navigation System (NAVI) uses data received from Global Positioning System (GPS) satellites, as well as its own internal guidance system, to precisely pinpoint the location and velocity of the vehicle. Using a touch-screen display mounted in the center of the instrument panel, the driver inputs a desired destination and NAVI can direct the driver to any business or residential address within its area of coverage through clear, easy-to-follow and visual instructions. The Point-of-Interest database can find places such as ATMs, gas stations, restaurants, or hospitals. The three-dimensional Birdview screen displays a view from above, looking down on the vehicle like a bird in flight.

This is a factory-installed option. Never program while driving. Requires accurate GPS service to be available and operating for features to function properly. Mapping may not be detailed in all areas. Some Nissan dealers may not appear on the current mapping system. Periodic updates to the DVD will be available at additional cost. See your Nissan dealer for details. BirdView is a trademark of Xanavi Corporation.

IN ADDITION, a touch screen is shown here as well:
http://www.nissan.co.jp/EN/navi.html

You can download the manual here: http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/Guide...i-QX4-Navi.pdf

It's the same touch screen unit as in the 2003 Maxima and 2003 Infiniti QX4.

If anyone has actual first hand knowledge of the Nav system in the 350Z, let us know.

Last edited by Intrepid; 07-17-2002 at 01:51 AM.
Old 07-17-2002, 02:00 AM
InternetABYSS

Oh by the way....Intrepid thanks for that....darn i didnt see there was another post about this.....but it seems after reading it....there is still confusion on which one g35 or q45...Man the 350z has been tough to figure out what nissan is doing with it. I know of tons of things nissan has changed on the car in the past 6 months. LOL how many pre production and concept cars has there been...I thinking atleast 5.
Old 07-17-2002, 02:11 AM
InternetABYSS

Intrepid i was reading that owners manual u posted for the QX4 and guess what that isnt the DVD version that is the CD version.....so that disqualifies that.

Remeber I too was told that there would be touch screen/joystick controls...but then they say it is just like the G35 which is joystick only.

i hope that the information on the nissan site isnt old info and is up to date trust me i want touch screen too.

Anyway...it still is a very cool Nav
Old 07-17-2002, 03:21 AM
InternetABYSS

Intrepid...SORRY BAD NEWS......IM RIGHT...HERE IS A REVIEW WITH SOMEONE WHO PLAYED WITH THE 350z NAV.

I wish it was touch screen. I was told this is one of the most advanced navigation systems out there

350Z Navigation System

Yuichi (SuperMan Junior)
07/14/02 12:12 AM

Hiya all,

I got to check and look at the 350Z Navigation system, and must say that if any of you guys are considering this option GET IT!!!

This system is so cool, and for those of you who have a bad sense of direction this is definetly for you! For those of you who hate to admit your lost, you'll never get lost with this Navigation system opition.

All you do is enter the address you want to go to, or the business name, and it will bring it up. Also the computer program does a process of elimination.

If your veer ofcourse the program will go ahead and give you a new set of directions.

This set up is so cool I'm going to have to get it and once you see it you can't live without it so just a recommendation for everyone

zya!
Yuichi

WAIT THERE IS MORE!!!!!!!!!

Yuichi (SuperMan Junior)
07/16/02 10:00 AM

I would have to agree with internetabyss here. Its a clean set up and has a joystick set up in there for video games (heheh just kidding). I wish it was touch screen. I was told this is one of the most advanced navigation systems out there.

Also you cannot play DVD's on it. It has been tried, the thing has the DVD stamp on it, I wonder why you can't play DVD's on it. There's gotta be a crack for that... But I bet Nissan did it so that your not distracted watching DVD's while driving?

Also this DVD announces when to make a turn etc.. etc.. turns down your stereo a little to say turn left .5 miles or something like that

zya
Yuichi
Old 07-17-2002, 03:36 AM
Intrepid

Oh, well. It would seem that the information on Nissan's site is wrong and the Nav does not have a touch screen according to Yuichi. If I'm wrong, sorry guys.
Old 07-17-2002, 05:13 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We should probably start another thread on this subject, since there has been a revalation.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:45 AM
InternetABYSS

I did...and not my opinion but a sportz mag writer......but todd still dont believe ......me the owners manual or the magazine writer.....well if someone gets a touchscreen from the factory....ill buy it from ya.