after everything you guys have said... this article reads funny
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=4752629
Old 11-13-2006, 08:31 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

also, video: http://cbs3.com/topstories/local_story_315182022.html

she doesnt say 350z though.

Last edited by onedirtyz; 11-13-2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:32 PM
drivenCSZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by widebody350
When I'm on my bike and I look over and see an elderly person I'm gettin away from them that's for sure. Countless times this summer they came close to hitting me. Not to generalize elderly folks but when it comes to my personal well being I would rather discriminate a little and be safe than have them decide to merge and put me on the pavement.
i dont think its a generalization...i mean we are talking about a lady pushing 80years old. you physically cant drive the same as you did when you were younger, its a fact. reaction time slows down considerably, eyesight gets worse, decision making abilities get worse.

also since this is a big drag spot apparently they might be jumping to coclusions. 9am isnt exactly prime dragging time

Last edited by drivenCSZ; 11-13-2006 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:40 PM
03performz

Originally Posted by widebody350
When I'm on my bike and I look over and see an elderly person I'm gettin away from them that's for sure. Countless times this summer they came close to hitting me. Not to generalize elderly folks but when it comes to my personal well being I would rather discriminate a little and be safe than have them decide to merge and put me on the pavement.
If discrimination is based on experience then its just called knowledge.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:46 PM
HighwaySpeed

Talking

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ
they might be jumping to coclusions.

Ooooh, that sounds painful!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:57 PM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So many of you guys are not familiar with this area and really have no insight into what happened.....just really re-hashing rumors and the same newspaper story.

People race there all the time, and there's various places where people meet.

Cars don't split in half when people do the speed limit on Elkton Rd....it's not the lady's fault she underestimated someone doing 50+ on that road. I think it can happen to anyone. Elkton Rd is mainly concrete and uneven in many places and dumps right onto i95 N/S.

Both cars were racing, I'm sure. If it was a 350z, it won't take a rocket scientist to find the car.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:42 PM
kennyb

i dont think its a generalization...i mean we are talking about a lady pushing 80years old. you physically cant drive the same as you did when you were younger, its a fact. reaction time slows down considerably, eyesight gets worse, decision making abilities get worse.

also since this is a big drag spot apparently they might be jumping to coclusions. 9am isnt exactly prime dragging time
If you did generalize the situation, you might look at the insurance rates of 80 year olds versus 20 year olds and you would see that, generally, despite their shortcomings, they have a lot fewer at fault accidents, as a group, than the younger drivers.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stupid kids driving like the fast and the furious. LEAVE THE RACING ON THE TRACK!!
Old 11-13-2006, 11:10 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by hardrock905
Yep. You read a post on the internet from IndustrialDwayne about what he heard from somebody else.
Sounds like concrete evidence to me.
mmmmm, ookay! My paycheck is still on 2 idiot drivers attempting to race!

Last edited by zand02max; 11-13-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:31 AM
Jonathan Allyn

so did the guy turn himself in yet or is he still MIA.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:02 AM
dbasal

Originally Posted by wtf no turbo
90 mph??? There is not even axle damage on the MB. Hell the impact doesnt even look that bad. I t-boned a car making an illegal turn a couple years ago at 45 and ripped the back wheel off. As you see from the articles the cops arent releasing anything about speed. They need the z driver to prove drag racing probly. As far as im concerned just another old lady that shouldnt be driving.

It would have to be pretty fast. If it were not, the Z driver would not have left the scene. Maybe the 78 should not have been driving, but it sounds like the other two should not be either.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:04 AM
dbasal

Originally Posted by bofa
Dent-resistant panels...

Sorry, not to make light of this- it's extremely unfortunate. The Ion guy owns up to his damage. If the Z driver is caught, it will take a lot to hold anything against him without any real evidence.. as long as he's not dumb enough to confess (that is if he really did do something wrong). At most, leaving the scene of an accident and wreckless driving... but they'd have to prove it.
Depends on witnesses too, but the Z driver will most likely just be guilty of leaving the scene. Of course he could always say he was so far ahead of the Saturn that he did not realize what had happened.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:08 AM
dbasal

well im not being insensitive but you have to question the ability of a 78 year old woman to still drive an automobile. Its no secret that people that old arent the best drivers. And they havent proved the street racing aspect and id be skeptical if they could, but im sure theyre gonna try and hit them hard if they can. What i dont understand is why cant they look up the plate of a Z with the letters they have?
I agree with you 100% on the lookup of the individual. They may already have him though and we just don't know that.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:14 AM
buho62

They lady probably wasn't paying attention because she was probably thinking... "Wow, is that a saturn??"
Old 11-14-2006, 08:20 AM
widebody350

^lol...other than the suprise factor that GM made a saturn that can go that fast, 10x out of 10 I would rather look at a 350Z...that is saying that there was a 350Z there
Old 11-14-2006, 09:20 AM
semtex

There probably was no Z. I wouldn't be surprised if the Z is a complete fiction made up by the Saturn driver in an attempt to cover his ***. You guys remember Susan Smith? That's the gal in SC who killed her own kids by driving her car into a lake with them trapped inside. If memory serves me correctly, she was having an affair, and the guy told her he wasn't too keen on the ready-made family deal, so she decides she'll just kill her kids. Anyway, she made up some bogus story about how her kids were kidnapped by a black man in an attempt to cover her sorry ***, remember? Same thing could be happening here. Blame it on those notorious, bad Z cars.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:05 AM
bofa

Originally Posted by 03performz
I don't understand how you say the Z "left the scene of an accident" when he wasn't involved.
Even if you didn't do something wrong, you are supposed to stop to report an accident and possibly assist if it does not endanger yourself or others.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:15 PM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by bofa
Even if you didn't do something wrong, you are supposed to stop to report an accident and possibly assist if it does not endanger yourself or others.
Hmmm. Is this some sort of law that has passed recently?
I sure haven't heard of it.
Best thing to do if you see an accident is to call 911 IMO.
Sure, it would be very tempting to try to help someone, and I probably would myslef, but sometimes people get sued over helping accident vitims.
Sad but true.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:30 PM
trentor

Originally Posted by hardrock905
Hmmm. Is this some sort of law that has passed recently?
I sure haven't heard of it.
Best thing to do if you see an accident is to call 911 IMO.
Sure, it would be very tempting to try to help someone, and I probably would myslef, but sometimes people get sued over helping accident vitims.
Sad but true.
the only law in effect is regarding people actually involved in the accident. if you are involved in an accident where someone is injured, you are required by law to stop and render aid.

if you are not involved in the collision, you are under no legal obligation to stop. now...myself and others may argue that there's a moral obligation, but that's a whole different discussion.

and you're right, people have been sued for "helping". you need to be real sure you know what you're doing if you actually touch a victim. and if you have medical training, you better "help" up to the limit of your training. many have been sued for not doing that as well.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:36 PM
imjdoggie

I have read so many of your posts and the opinions of some of you just make me sick, for instance, "fry the #$%^&*" I mean come on guys this could have been any of us. I totally agree that the racing should be done at the track, but there have been numerous times that I just wanted to hear the Z or drive a little fast and there is a time and a place for it I know I just can't resist sometimes. This was just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and everyone was at fault it looks like, the guys for racing and the elderly lady for pulling out in front of them. I like to give people another chance and I understand the elderly lady wont have another chance but why send possibly a 16 year old to jail for life for a mistake I'm sure we all have made at least once!!!

Quick Reply: 350z causing fatal crash in Delaware!