Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Lemon has been sqeeeeezed

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Rather than just fightin with Nissan and getting replacements etc. ( It doesnt pertain to me cuz I have an 03 ) Id like to know WHY this is happening. Iv built motors for 30 + years, though have yet to build a Z motor ( will soon ) and the fact is, a machine is a machine, a motor is a motor, there are idiosycracys that have to be learned, but the principal is the same.

Id like to now WHY the 06s are burning oil----I will get a flame or two but, fact is, there has to be a simple explanation. Inquiring minds want to know !

Input ????? from Z motor builders ??????
Old 02-14-2007, 06:52 PM
bofa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can only offer you what they've explained to me... translated into my own simplistic understanding. There is problem with the engine management where the exhaust valves remain open too long, specifically during down-shifting, where oil is being sucked into the intake and burned.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bofa
I can only offer you what they've explained to me... translated into my own simplistic understanding. There is problem with the engine management where the exhaust valves remain open too long, specifically during down-shifting, where oil is being sucked into the intake and burned.
Wow !! ---That takes it from a Mech prob to a Electronic prob---I wasnt expecting that !!! ----Thanks !!!
Old 02-14-2007, 07:33 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by Eazzzzzzy
Wow !! ---That takes it from a Mech prob to a Electronic prob---I wasnt expecting that !!! ----Thanks !!!
Last I was told was that Nissan was working on a fix. Of course, this could just be to get rid of me for a while. What I was also told was there would be a software change followed by a recall.

For the 9 millionth time I called Nissan and the dealership. This is the first time they are not returning my calls. Probably time to send in my notice. 14,000 miles so I figure I will take a hit. Sad, really sad. I have not decided if I would get another Nissan. That will take a bit of time to think over. The scars from this experience will not go away anytime soon.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:37 PM
bofa

I really like the car I just don't want to have to wait another 6 months or so (as if they even provided a timeframe) to be able to enjoy my car and all of the mods that are sitting in my garage. Of course, if I pick up an 07, I may have to sell them anyway... lol.

I have an 05 Xterra and haven't had problems with it so it's not going to tarnish Nissan's name for me too bad... it's just business at this point.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:53 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

this is disturbing news...I just purchased my 06 Z (Jan 13th) and I've already brought in the Z twice to the dealership. First visit was because engine wouldnt start (around 100 on the odo), second visit was because of a check engine light (330 on the odo) that turned out to be a bad sensor that was throwing off the timing on the idle, but I never noticed anything. If this burning oil problem becomes an issue with my car, I hope it happens soon so I don't lose any money on the car.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Blacryan

So AGAIN, I have read the moto theory on brakeing in. Im at 600 miels on my 07, should I hit it hard, or should I keep semi-babying it. I have hit redline 1ce or twice and hit 5-6k 1 or 2 times a day.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:45 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by bofa
I really like the car I just don't want to have to wait another 6 months or so (as if they even provided a timeframe) to be able to enjoy my car and all of the mods that are sitting in my garage. Of course, if I pick up an 07, I may have to sell them anyway... lol.

I have an 05 Xterra and haven't had problems with it so it's not going to tarnish Nissan's name for me too bad... it's just business at this point.
Good point on the mods. Plus there is a limited amount of time that you have to apply the lemon law. This makes it a good thing for Nissan to drag it out. I bet you get some action out of them when you send in your notice.