Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

So apparently cops don't like it when....

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 08:37 AM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So apparently cops don't like it when....

Last night I was driving home. I had just got gas and pulled out of a corner station and pulled up to a red light. As I'm sitting there waiting a few more cars pull up... one next to me and one behind me. The one next to me kinda came flying up to the red light. So I decided to have a little fun and put a buslength or two on him when the light turned green. Since it was dark I couldn't see the car behind me and didn't figure it was a cop since the guy next to me was driving like a tard.

Well the light turns green and I proceed to tear a little ***. I notice the guy who was driving like a tard is now poking around like grandma, and the guy behind me looks like he's trying his damnedest to catch up. I had already let off at 50mph and was coasting back down to the 45mph speed limit. They were both way back there mind you.

So this jackass behind me keeps it floored...and flys up on me like he's going to hit me and then does this reallll lazzzzzy swerve to go around (actually caused me to swerve onto the solid double yellow because he was so close to me).... lol turned out it was a cop.... and he kept going... he probably got up to a whopping 80 or 90mph on this side street for no apparent reason other than he got smoked by a 350z...

I thought it was kinda funny... just wanted to share... the last time I inadvertently smoked a cop it was a highway patrol and I got a big ticket. One thing you never want to hear from a cop is "I was doing 120 and you were still pulling away from me".

Last edited by roast; 12-21-2006 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:51 AM
i8acobra

Received 1,276 Likes on 1,022 Posts

Originally Posted by roast
One thing you never want to hear from a cop is "I was doing 120 and you were still pulling away from me".
Funniest/Worst thing I've ever heard from a cop... "I was on my speed limiter for the last 15 minutes trying to catch you guys". Myself a 3 buddies were riding from Vegas to Phoenix on our bikes and stopped in Kingman to get gas. The cop pulled in behind us as we were getting ready to leave the gas station. Oops.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:52 AM
HighwaySpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why do the police always pick on mature, adult 350Z drivers?
Old 12-21-2006, 08:52 AM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto

Ha, i did that in Highland Park in one of my Turbo Buicks. There was a person in front of me driving really slow and they finally turned so i jumped on it for a sec up to speed, broke the limit by 5mph maybe. Right when i hit the brake pedal the lights came on, almost like that cop wanted to let me go as fast as i could before realizing that he was behind me, anywho, i got a ticket.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:54 AM
bailey bill

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing you never want to hear from a cop is "I was doing 120 and you were still pulling away from me".
Many years ago, while trying out the new AMX I had picked up 3 days earlier, A very angry cop said to me "I clocked you at 120, and you were already slowing down!"

bill
Old 12-21-2006, 09:14 AM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by i8acobra
Funniest/Worst thing I've ever heard from a cop... "I was on my speed limiter for the last 15 minutes trying to catch you guys". Myself a 3 buddies were riding from Vegas to Phoenix on our bikes and stopped in Kingman to get gas. The cop pulled in behind us as we were getting ready to leave the gas station. Oops.
lol... damn... how fast were you guys going? Apparently just a tad too slow eh???

Originally Posted by HighwaySpeed
Why do the police always pick on mature, adult 350Z drivers?
I don't know either.... but the madness really needs to stop.

Originally Posted by baily bill
Many years ago, while trying out the new AMX I had picked up 3 days earlier, A very angry cop said to me "I clocked you at 120, and you were already slowing down!"
dohhhhhhh..... the cop that pulled me over wasn't even that pissed... he was actually pretty nice... he was all worked up though... i think it was the most excitement he had seen all night.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:47 AM
i8acobra

Received 1,276 Likes on 1,022 Posts

lol... damn... how fast were you guys going? Apparently just a tad too slow eh???
'Bout a buck seventy. We would've made our gas stop alot shorter had we know he was chasing us.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Ahmads350z

lol becareful of the SS HP cars 500hp right?
Old 12-21-2006, 01:57 PM
hardrock905

I was visiting down in NC a few years back. Some of the HP drove beefed up Mustangs.
Here in Ohio, I haven't seen the HP drive anything other than the standard cruisers.
Has anyone in Ohio seen the highway patrol drive anything out of the ordinary? Just curious.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Kolia

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drag racing to the speed limit… You maniac! Lol

Apart from the different color scheme, I’ve only seen cruisers and SUV in Ohio.

I miss the cops from Quebec. There the only white town cars around. Visible for miles around!!!

The Italian cops we’re fun too. Urging your to “get a move on” should you hold up traffic cruising at 90mph…
Old 12-21-2006, 02:37 PM
plumpzz

I thought it was kinda funny... just wanted to share... the last time I inadvertently smoked a cop it was a highway patrol and I got a big ticket. One thing you never want to hear from a cop is "I was doing 120 and you were still pulling away from me".
I did that two weeks ago. But i was doing 55 in a 25 and going all autocross in some side streets lol! The cop finally caught up after half a mile but he let me go! He couldnt gun me for speeding even though i obviously was. He just told me my exhaust is too loud and the car is 'too fast' for my health. :-D nice cop!
Old 12-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Pillars

this happens often in FL, actually
Old 12-21-2006, 08:31 PM
kayfuNk
Banned

i was going 120 in a 70 and i was slowing down, i just passed one car at 80 and got up to about 130.. started to slow down and out of nowhere cop lights.. so i get a ticket for 120 in a 70 and to make sure i pay the ticket the cop takes my *** to jail cuz it was a really small hick town in GA and thats how they make their money, my bail was 2grand and the ticket was 1,300 and now they'er trying to suspend my license
Old 12-21-2006, 08:45 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cop clocked me at 75 in a 55. He was well hidden so I didn't have a clue he already clocked me. Well my dumbass proceeded to punch it not knowing a cop was trying to catch up to me. Needless to say I got very lucky ... it took him almost 4 miles to finally to catch up to me ... luckily he could only get me on a 75 in a 55. He came up to me and said something along the lines ... "you must have been really been cruising" ... me:"um I don't know officer".

https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlantic/229393-ticket-numero-dos-just-used-up-all-my-luck-for-the-year.html
Old 12-21-2006, 08:47 PM
pirate_desquite

Default Delete

Delete

Last edited by pirate_desquite; 04-24-2019 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Delete
Old 12-21-2006, 09:21 PM
VeeTec

Originally Posted by kayfuNk
i was going 120 in a 70 and i was slowing down, i just passed one car at 80 and got up to about 130.. started to slow down and out of nowhere cop lights.. so i get a ticket for 120 in a 70 and to make sure i pay the ticket the cop takes my *** to jail cuz it was a really small hick town in GA and thats how they make their money, my bail was 2grand and the ticket was 1,300 and now they'er trying to suspend my license
I have news for you, if you were in downtown Atlanta, they still would have locked you up.

120 mph is asking for an arrest, due to the recklessness involved.

You're right though, them small hick towns shouldn't bother with arresting nice law abiding citizens that are merely going 120-130 mph on the street.

Now the DMV wants to come down on you too? Your poor thing.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:45 PM
abyss

Originally Posted by VeeTec
I have news for you, if you were in downtown Atlanta, they still would have locked you up.

You're right though, them small hick towns shouldn't bother with arresting nice law abiding citizens that are merely going 120-130 mph on the street.

Old 12-21-2006, 11:45 PM
kukles

Originally Posted by VeeTec

Yeah, but most cops are too stupid to realize they have better things to do

Old 12-22-2006, 12:48 AM
racin2fst4u

so yeah the when i had my UR pulleys installed they told me to disconnect my battery and drive the car hard to help reset the ECU. so needless to say i did. oh i had also just finished with installing my B&M short shifter, so as you can imagine i wanted to test that out as well. so i head home around 2am and as i'm approaching a green light at a little over 80mph i notice a cop going the opposite direction. well he flips a u-turn and i gradually slow down to around 45. after about 1/2 he catches up to me, flips his light on and pulls me over. when he gets to the car he ask how fast i was going, knowing that he would not buy 45 or 50 i said that i was going almost 55 . he ask for my license insurance and registration, well here's where things get worse i have my license but its my old address, and earlier in the day i cleaned a bunch of papers out of my car and what do you know my new insurance card and my new reg. well after about 20 min he comes up to me and say, "well i know its almost two and their are no other cars out, but their are a lot of cops out right now so just slow down a little". wow i could not have been any happier at that moment.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:35 AM
Kurru

Originally Posted by Kolia
Drag racing to the speed limit… You maniac! Lol
haha i do this alot cause some of the speedlimits are like 65 on straight roads out here. my buddy in a camaro does it too sometimes. cops pulled him over even though my buddy wasn't speeding. cop said he was "racing"
my buddy asked who he was racing.
the cop says "yourself"

...pigs

Quick Reply: So apparently cops don't like it when....