Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Think my Z is totalled

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 12:23 PM
EatMyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think my Z is totalled

Seems like lots of Z's getting wrecked lately...

I let one of my good friends trade with me while driving back to his house, which was only about 5 miles or so. So he drove off, I followed, I got stuck at a traffic light, and it started to rain. So the light turns green, I make a couple of turns, I crest a hill, and I see 3 sets of flashing lights. I slowed down, thought "ah man that sucks" got closer and noticed.... "yeah that really sucks, thats my car.."

From what my friend told me and 2 witnesses confirmed it all. He was doing the speed limit, shifted to 5th, the car slid, he over corrected, hit a curb, hit a light pole snapping it and throwing it into the road, barely missed 2 trees, and came to rest halfway in the road.

I would not be surprised if the car is totaled:
Passenger side airbag popped, front bumper is mangled, driver headlight is smashed, hood is crumpled where the fenders meet, both fenders are warped looking where it meets the hood they've bowed out. Right front tire is completely gone, as is the wheel, and the right rear tire is blown.

There is un telling damage to the undercarriage, it was leaking various fluids, and i was able to pop the hood enough to see that the radiator support was completely busted. As it was being hauled onto a flatbed, the car was in neutral and the e-brake was not on, the rear tires were locked and would not freely turn.

All in all, I am just glad he was ok. I'm just kinda sad because we've had this car for 2 years, I was in High school when it was purchased, and I was able to drive it to school. Here recently I was able to obtain a steady enough job to assume payments and insurance (about $800.00 a month).

Oh well. **** happens, it's just a car. Drive safe guys, and happy new years!

Last edited by EatMyZ; 12-31-2006 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:26 PM
350zz053

Man i feel your pain! My Z was totaled last night. Yea it is only a car in the end. Drive safe to you 2 and happy new year!!
Old 12-31-2006, 12:27 PM
Deftones

Originally Posted by EatMyZ
Seems like lots of Z's getting wrecked lately...

I let one of my good friends trade with me while driving back to his house, which was only about 5 miles or so. So he drove off, I followed, I got stuck at a traffic light, and it started to rain. So the light turns green, I make a couple of turns, I crest a hill, and I see 3 sets of flashing lights. I slowed down, thought "ah man that sucks" got closer and noticed.... "yeah that really sucks, thats my car.."

From what my friend told me and 2 witnesses confirmed it all. He was doing the speed limit, shifted to 5th, the car slid, he over corrected, hit a curb, hit a light pole snapping it and throwing it into the road, barely missed 2 trees, and came to rest halfway in the road.

I would not be surprised if the car is totaled:
Passenger side airbag popped, front bumper is mangled, driver headlight is smashed, hood is crumpled where the fenders meet, both fenders are warped looking where it meets the hood they've bowed out. Right front tire is completely gone, as is the wheel, and the right rear tire is blown.

There is un telling damage to the undercarriage, it was leaking various fluids, and i was able to pop the hood enough to see that the radiator support was completely busted. As it was being hauled onto a flatbed, the car was in neutral and the e-brake was on, the rear tires were locked and would not freely turn.

All in all, I am just glad he was ok. I'm just kinda sad because we've had this car for 2 years, I was in High school when it was purchased, and I was able to drive it to school. Here recently I was able to obtain a steady enough job to assume payments and insurance (about $800.00 a month).

Oh well. **** happens, it's just a car. Drive safe guys, and happy new years!
If I let my friend drive my car, in the rain... and he wrecked it... I'd feel the least he could do is tell his gf to blow me. That sucks man, gl. If you get another Z, don't let that friend of yours near it.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:30 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wowwwww too many totalled z's in the past few weeks on here ... im going to garage mine now till this dies down......
Old 12-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Stabber

Was VDC/TCS on? That is 3 totalled Z's today. All by people who don't know how to drive (not directed towards you original poster, since you werent driving)
Old 12-31-2006, 12:50 PM
350zz053

Originally Posted by Stabber
Was VDC/TCS on? That is 3 totalled Z's today. All by people who don't know how to drive (not directed towards you original poster, since you werent driving)

So me slowing down bc i saw a cop means i dont know how to drive? your a tool
Old 12-31-2006, 01:27 PM
z-u-later

Mmmm . . . something does not add up here. Can you tell me what the speed limit is? If he has to shift to 5th, that normally means he's doing at least 70mph (I'm being conservative here). Sounds like he was screwing around. And it does not look like you've read the thread about not letting other people drive your Z.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:40 PM
Stabber

Originally Posted by 350zz053
So me slowing down bc i saw a cop means i dont know how to drive? your a tool
Yes, because if you knew how to drive you wouldn't have used the brake pedal as an "on or off" switch.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Seems to me we just had a rather heated thread on letting friends drive our cars----Sorry Dude
Old 12-31-2006, 02:02 PM
EatMyZ

Originally Posted by z-u-later
Mmmm . . . something does not add up here. Can you tell me what the speed limit is? If he has to shift to 5th, that normally means he's doing at least 70mph (I'm being conservative here). Sounds like he was screwing around. And it does not look like you've read the thread about not letting other people drive your Z.

I see your point. Thing is, if he told me he wasn't dicking around, then he wasn't dicking around, I trust him. And for 2 random people to stop and confirm they were right behind him and say he was not speeding or being an asshat seals it for me. The speedlimit was 45mph. Guys, no offense, but it's just a car, and I'd let him or any of my other friends drive whatever it may be that I do get in the future. Machines are replaceable, lives are not.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:05 PM
EatMyZ

Originally Posted by Stabber

This was an 04 base 6-spd car, no VDC/TCS.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:41 PM
HighwaySpeed

Talking

So, what did you do to your friend's car?

At least he's ok and no one got injured.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Sleeper01

I see your point. Thing is, if he told me he wasn't dicking around, then he wasn't dicking around, I trust him. And for 2 random people to stop and confirm they were right behind him and say he was not speeding or being an asshat seals it for me. The speedlimit was 45mph. Guys, no offense, but it's just a car, and I'd let him or any of my other friends drive whatever it may be that I do get in the future. Machines are replaceable, lives are not.
Good guy...glad to hear everyone is okay
Old 01-01-2007, 12:00 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This thread needs some photos.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:14 AM
TSG-Z

Damn, I dont want to drive mine anymore, for fear of totaling it! At least you have a positive attitude about it. Also, is his insurance or yours gonna pay for the damages? Good luck.