Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z Meets... not trying to be bitchy, but...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 07:15 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Z Meets... not trying to be bitchy, but...

Why is it a moderator can post a reminder about Z meet on the General Forum...

LAST CALL! Dallas Meet and Autoshow TODAY!!

But when I try this my post is almost immediately moved to the Regional Forum???

I don't have a problem with a reminder here because most everyone reads the General Forum... I just think anyone organizing a meet should have this option without having the posts moved..
Old 03-29-2003, 09:45 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Quit being so Bitchy!
Old 03-29-2003, 10:26 AM
Brando222
Ziologist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happens all the time man. A lot of people posted pics when they first got their cars here on General. So when I posted my pics, they got moved to Member Photos immediately, while a person like 350Zspeedracer puts up her pics a week after me, and they stay here forever. Granted I'm probably not as easy on the eyes as her, but it's not cool.
Old 03-29-2003, 10:30 AM
rep15

I have experienced the same treatment. Just depends on who you are Mc Duck.............

.....and apparently you are not that guy (and neither am I).
Old 03-29-2003, 12:51 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

was not me either, the rule I read was meets are allowed to be posted as a sticky for 1 week prior to the event.

as for members photos... if they are relevent to a particular section, such as detailing, engine, appearance, or electronics, I would move them to that forum, if they are random, look at my new car... they do belong in members photos. however I have not moved any such posts at all.

anyway, if you want a meet stickied in the general forum, shoot me a PM, and itll be done.
Old 03-30-2003, 05:05 AM
Jill

Originally posted by ares
was not me either, the rule I read was meets are allowed to be posted as a sticky for 1 week prior to the event.

as for members photos... if they are relevent to a particular section, such as detailing, engine, appearance, or electronics, I would move them to that forum, if they are random, look at my new car... they do belong in members photos. however I have not moved any such posts at all.

anyway, if you want a meet stickied in the general forum, shoot me a PM, and itll be done.
I admit that I have moved some of the meet posts, but only because they were a month or 3 weeks away. If it was coming up or within a week, I would leave it in the general section. How about we do this to make it more understandable for everyone...One week prior to the event, someone involved in the thread PM a moderator, and one of us will move the thread from regional with a redirect into the general forum. Does this sound okay?

EDIT: This is what I've done with the "April 5th Cape May Shoot" meet stickied at the top. What this does is copy the thread into general while leaving it still posted in the regional (not as a sticky). Also, if you guys in the regions where one of the moderators doesn't reside, and you need something stickied within the regional forum, let us know! We'll be happy to do it for you!
-Jill

Last edited by Jill; 03-30-2003 at 05:09 AM.
Old 03-30-2003, 05:58 AM
silverchrome

Default Is one week enough time to prepare for a meet?

Hey guys, is one week enough time to notify everyone for a meet? I am not sure. What have your experiences been in terms of participation, with the short notice times?

For example, we are going to have a Z Meet in San Diego, on the weekend of Cinco De Mayo (either Saturday May 3rd or Sunday May 4th). How early should the post be submitted.

Keith
Old 03-30-2003, 08:51 AM
Jill

Default Re: Is one week enough time to prepare for a meet?

Originally posted by silverchrome
Hey guys, is one week enough time to notify everyone for a meet? I am not sure. What have your experiences been in terms of participation, with the short notice times?

For example, we are going to have a Z Meet in San Diego, on the weekend of Cinco De Mayo (either Saturday May 3rd or Sunday May 4th). How early should the post be submitted.

Keith
You can put it in regional whenever you want, but I just feel that a post for May sitting in general for a month stickied will crowd the forum. This is why we made the regional forums, to get things as clearly and concisely placed as possible. The one-week notice thing is just a reminder to the masses before the event, and to maybe get some last minute add-on participators who don't normally check regional.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:41 AM
mcduck

ZGirl...

I think your idea sounds great. I don't care which way we do it, as long as it is consistent.

I understand perfectly when posts here are moved because they clearly belong in other sections (pics of members cars going to Member Pics forum and such). It helps keep clutter down for the all the forums to make sure things are in the right place.

Our group has a mailing list, so generally our core group knows about it well ahead of time. The purpose of posting here is to grab new people and make them aware that we do regular events. I think a week is fine. I have received many emails from people have seen events mentioned here on my350z.com who said "I can't make it to this one, but let me know if you do it again"

BTW, I hope there was good turnout for the Dallas meet yesterday!!!

One question... if I cannot PM a moderator, is there someone I can email to get our events "stickied".

Our March 29th Blue Ridge Parkway event has been postponed to this coming Saturday, April 5th... there is a post on the regional forum from a while back.. guess you can see where I'm going with this...
Old 03-30-2003, 09:49 AM
Jill

Originally posted by mcduck
Our group has a mailing list, so generally our core group knows about it well ahead of time. The purpose of posting here is to grab new people and make them aware that we do regular events. I think a week is fine. I have received many emails from people have seen events mentioned here on my350z.com who said "I can't make it to this one, but let me know if you do it again"

BTW, I hope there was good turnout for the Dallas meet yesterday!!!

One question... if I cannot PM a moderator, is there someone I can email to get our events "stickied".

Our March 29th Blue Ridge Parkway event has been postponed to this coming Saturday, April 5th... there is a post on the regional forum from a while back.. guess you can see where I'm going with this...
I went to that post and it doesn't mention that the meet is April 5th. I dont' know if you just emailed your mailing list and let them know or if I'm dumb and missed it. Add that in and I'll sticky it and put it in general. If you ever need any help, email me <aprqt@aol.com>. Thanks!
-Jill
Old 03-30-2003, 11:06 AM
mcduck

The corrected date is in the last post on that thread. I'll post a new thread so it is more clear...
Old 03-30-2003, 11:13 AM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Meets should be posted in regional forums imo, unless it's a national meet . I don't see a problem with people posting pics of their new ride in Gen Forum. If you've done any appearance mod, that should be posted in Appearance Forum

Bat™
Old 03-30-2003, 11:16 AM
Jill

Originally posted by mcduck
The corrected date is in the last post on that thread. I'll post a new thread so it is more clear...
Done. Stickied in general and copied in both general and southeast. Added April 5th to the title too. Cool?
-J
Originally posted by Blue Batmobile
Meets should be posted in regional forums imo, unless it's a national meet . I don't see a problem with people posting pics of their new ride in Gen Forum. If you've done any appearance mod, that should be posted in Appearance Forum

Bat™
This is why we have a member photos section though - all pictures of rides belong in there. The general section is for posts that can't be put anywhere else.