Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 03ZHIFT
awesome!
Old 02-15-2007, 06:56 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you aren't looking very hard. or in the wrong places, which leads me to think you aren't serious about this or at least don't ahve the money right now to afford it.

expect to spend well over 10k to do it to get the electronics working properly and everything. But if you have the means, good luck! I looked into it as a cheaper alternative to FI since a LS1 with a t56 you can get for 3-4k (used) or cheaper if you know people... but getting the wiring is the expensive part... as long as it fits that is. But I think the LSx will fit in the Z engine bay with the proper mounts.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:26 AM
Luscious Luke

Thanks for all of the "ye of little faith" comments folks, but I found my local shop to do this swap. Luke Lonberger from SDP Race Car Fabrications is currently working on the mounts and components for this swap and I will be having him perform the conversion within the next 6 to 8 months.

For all of those who worry if I have the money to do this or not, you can keep worrying if you like, but the swap pictures will speak louder than a copy of my bank account statements. I have no desire to prove to anyone how much money I have nor do I need to.

Also, I am well aware of how much this will cost, so no need to rehash this topic.

I want and Chevy V8 in my 2006 350Z, not a Titan motor or a rotary, so thats what I'm gonna get. Accept it and get over it.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:30 AM
Motormouth
Banned

I don't know why you are getting defensive... lol. congrats if this actually happens.

and if you are another Efaker... lol still
Old 02-15-2007, 07:35 AM
Luscious Luke

Here is the link to SDP's page for anyones information.

http://www.sdp-online.com/
Old 02-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Lakelandkev

^^^^^^ Sorry to hear that you want to swap motors. The added weight and even tighter fit will make it a real slug(small block V8/ and no-where to F/I it). Not only that the car is well balanced and would push the nose down thus makin da Z a good burn-out contest wenner. As opposed to a TT built motor VQ... And trust me seeing the prices on da aftermarket stuff for those motors vs. da VQ stuff makes me sick too. But hey to each his own. ... Good luck.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:55 AM
rocks

The LS1 is aluminum it probably wouldnt weigh much more if any than a V6 twin turbo... It could even be lighter.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:12 AM
Luscious Luke

Originally Posted by rocks
The LS1 is aluminum it probably wouldnt weigh much more if any than a V6 twin turbo... It could even be lighter.
I concur. And much more reliable in stock trim, which is what I am more interested in.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:15 AM
ArCtM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lakelandkev
^^^^^^ Sorry to hear that you want to swap motors. The added weight and even tighter fit will make it a real slug(small block V8/ and no-where to F/I it). Not only that the car is well balanced and would push the nose down thus makin da Z a good burn-out contest wenner. As opposed to a TT built motor VQ... And trust me seeing the prices on da aftermarket stuff for those motors vs. da VQ stuff makes me sick too. But hey to each his own. ... Good luck.

The Ls7 is lighter than a boosted built Z motor with twins, intercooler and all the other fun stuff.The Aftermarket for Z's is pretty expensive so that arguement is invalid. With the Ls7 he will have an N/A powered beast easily into the 4XXwhp and not have to worry about all the F/I problems. So maybe do some research before you type false information.

BTW How much did you pay for your LS7 I'm looking for an LsX to drop into my 67 camaro.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:25 AM
Luscious Luke

Originally Posted by ArCtM
The Ls7 is lighter than a boosted built Z motor with twins, intercooler and all the other fun stuff.The Aftermarket for Z's is pretty expensive so that arguement is invalid. With the Ls7 he will have an N/A powered beast easily into the 4XXwhp and not have to worry about all the F/I problems. So maybe do some research before you type false information.

BTW How much did you pay for your LS7 I'm looking for an LsX to drop into my 67 camaro.
Well, I paid no where near what it was worth because it was a family deal. My uncle needed the money (for hospital bills) so we settled on 5000 cash and some help around the house for the next 2 months since he was in the hospital and couldnt keep up with his work at home.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:31 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

LSX into a Z is a perfect combo, crossbreed yes. LSX Power potential > VQ
Old 02-15-2007, 08:39 AM
350Z_LEE

yeah the ls1 isnt that heavy. I am interested to see someone do this.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:42 AM
ArCtM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luscious Luke
Well, I paid no where near what it was worth because it was a family deal. My uncle needed the money (for hospital bills) so we settled on 5000 cash and some help around the house for the next 2 months since he was in the hospital and couldnt keep up with his work at home.

WOW I wish I could find one for 5k thats a really awesome deal. Good luck with the swap and document everything if you can. thakns
Old 02-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Lakelandkev

Originally Posted by ArCtM

Sorry to get u upset bud. But I too have looked into it. Just to put it aside just go N/A with da stroker kit.4.2L./ stand-alone yada-yada, And your so close it isn't funny. And still retain the cars integrety/Balance..Amuse Z......No offense seen this going on with RX-7's and its a waste.. Trust me I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out..Also seen RB's in 350z...Good luck with your efforts, would luv to be shown dif. aspect of it.. F/I issues have to do with crappy install's and bad detonation...Just my .05 cents take it for what u will. Again no offense, taken or given.

Last edited by Lakelandkev; 02-15-2007 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:25 AM
rocks

I saw an RB swap in progess at a tuner shop somewhere in dallas a year or so ago. It was an RB in a 240sx. Its not something i would want to attempt after talking to the guy doing it. The steering passed through the header. So you had to take that all apart just to remove/install the header. He said it was basically impossible to get all the gauges working right so he was putting in aftermarket gauges. The shifter from the tranny didnt fit in the stock location so that had to be remade, the hole for the shifter was moved and metal welded in to fill the other hole.

The Rx7 LS swap is proven and you can buy kits to do it. The Z though your on your own with figuring all that out. It makes more sense to put modern engines in old cars. For example a Porsche 914 with a Wrx Engine. Vovlo P1800 with a sr20 or something like that. First gen RX7 with a ford 2.3 turbo. Old pinto with a 2.3 turbo, run low 11s in the 1/4.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Luscious Luke

Originally Posted by rocks
The Rx7 LS swap is proven and you can buy kits to do it. The Z though your on your own with figuring all that out. It makes more sense to put modern engines in old cars. For example a Porsche 914 with a Wrx Engine. Vovlo P1800 with a sr20 or something like that. First gen RX7 with a ford 2.3 turbo. Old pinto with a 2.3 turbo, run low 11s in the 1/4.
I am sure it makes more sense from an "ease" factor, but I want a new 350Z (which I already have) with a new V8 (which I also have).

Its a hard conversion yes, but I'm more in it for the "wow" factor a.k.a "bling factor" a.k.a. "Holy Crap, did you hear that 350Z" Factor. Ya feel me?
Old 02-15-2007, 09:40 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

This swap should be about power and speed, there will be more of a "what the hell is that" factor than anything else.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:41 AM
EM-EFER

Post some pictures of the LS7 you have in your garage. We have all saw these threads go and go for months without a picture and found out it was all BS.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Luscious Luke

Originally Posted by EM-EFER
Post some pictures of the LS7 you have in your garage. We have all saw these threads go and go for months without a picture and found out it was all BS.
No prob brotha, coming right up.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Fluid1

Subscribing

Quick Reply: LS7 in a 350Z!!!