Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What Would You Do??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007 | 06:23 PM
THE TECH

Default What Would You Do??

What would you do if you purchased something from someone here on the forums (over a thousand dollars) and when it arrives, it is missing pieces plus any installation hardware? The seller keeps putting you off and doesn't want to refund you your money. Paypal has been contacted but won't do anything about it since it was not purchased via Ebay. Bank can only put in a dispute (no guarantee, just basically puts an inquiry in to Paypal since they cannot stop a payment that has already hit the account). You cannot buy the replacement pieces nor the hardware separately without buying the entire setup.
Old 02-02-2007 | 06:47 PM
NickRaine78

Drive to their house and whoop that a**. I'm in PGH if ya need some help on the East coast. What did you buy?
Old 02-02-2007 | 06:48 PM
ShadowHunter66

That my friend is a serious tough one. Just a plain out tough one, if you could you should talk to some one who knows the way of the legal system. Possible back door to help you. And if they are a member, try to get his *** banned or what not.
I bet you or whom ever this has happened to feels pretty s***y i know i would
Good luck with finding you solution.
Old 02-02-2007 | 06:54 PM
bofa

Is he claiming that he doesn't have the pieces or is he just brushing you off?
Old 02-02-2007 | 06:57 PM
ecorona6

I would like to know who it was and what was purchased. I purchased wheels from a member and it arrived with curb rashes. The packaging was horrible and it look like Fedex was pretty rough with the boxes....After some inquiry I decided not to pursue any claims.

This member must be a regular for you not to smear his name! Dilemmas...
Old 02-02-2007 | 07:02 PM
NickRaine78

Originally Posted by ecorona6
I would like to know who it was and what was purchased. I purchased wheels from a member and it arrived with curb rashes. The packaging was horrible and it look like Fedex was pretty rough with the boxes....After some inquiry I decided not to pursue any claims.

This member must be a regular for you not to smear his name! Dilemmas...
Agreed. I would like to know what and who. The way I see it, if you have 4000 posts or 3, the community should know if someone is giving you the shaft. I dont post a lot, but I am always looking for parts on here. I havn't been burned yet knock on wood.
Old 02-02-2007 | 07:02 PM
Sean

I wouldn't do anything "Nice" , you can bet on that.
Old 02-02-2007 | 07:03 PM
05-Z

Why are the pieces missing? He said they were included?
Old 02-02-2007 | 08:05 PM
35TH ANY

I'm currently in this very predicament. PayPal as stated was no help. I'm currently in dispute with my credit card company with the end result yet to be decided. If they don't support me, I'll cancel the card and let whatever happens happen. The f...tard seller has already got his money but, it's not my money. My credit shouldn't be dinged too bad since I'll continue to pay my mortgage, car payments etc...
Old 02-02-2007 | 09:19 PM
NightRida

I'm on the east coast(GA,Savannah) and if he lives in my area you let me know man!!!
I can gather my crew and go to his house and confront him for you at least.
Let me know asap!
Peace, NightRida!
Old 02-02-2007 | 09:22 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?
Premier Member

Roadtrip...
Old 02-02-2007 | 09:34 PM
Deftones

I'd go talk to Dude in person, with my friend... Mr. Nine Millimeter.
Old 02-03-2007 | 04:45 AM
davidv

I would ask for photos before the purchase. Photos and a simple list of parts include all hardware.
Old 02-03-2007 | 05:59 AM
zzz350

I think you may be out some cash.
Old 02-03-2007 | 06:46 AM
WalkerT
Professional
Premier Member

I have had this happen twice to me from what seemed to be good members. So now I only buy local. I feel you pain you will have to chalk it up to live and learn.
Old 02-03-2007 | 06:49 AM
davidf

Post his username HERE. Let everyone see. Maybe that'll get his attention.
Old 02-03-2007 | 06:50 AM
THE TECH

The seller has pics posted of the main piece here on the forums. Since he had the main part, I really didn't question the fact that the rest of the parts would be there. It was listed as brand new, so I felt confident seeing the main part that the rest of it would be fine. He claims all parts were shipped together yet he didn't so the shipping or the packaging himself.

He lives in NYC and has some apartment business. This is his business' website http://inapts.com/

He is not some big figure on this forum. The only reason I have yet to post his screename is that we are still in contact over this and I won't smear him til he tells me that he indeed is not going to give me anything.
Old 02-03-2007 | 06:55 AM
trakmaka

[QUOTE=THE TECH]The seller has pics posted of the main piece here on the forums. Since he had the main part, I really didn't question the fact that the rest of the parts would be there. It was listed as brand new, so I felt confident seeing the main part that the rest of it would be fine. He claims all parts were shipped together yet he didn't so the shipping or the packaging himself.

He lives in NYC and has some apartment business. This is his business' website http://inapts.com/

He is not some big figure on this forum. The only reason I have yet to post his screename is that we are still in contact over this and I won't smear him til he tells me that he indeed is not going to give me anything.[/QUOTE

New York here, any help just let me know..............
Old 02-03-2007 | 07:03 AM
THE TECH

Thanks for the offer. May need to take you up on that.
Old 02-03-2007 | 07:29 AM
davidf

[QUOTE=trakmaka]
Originally Posted by THE TECH
The seller has pics posted of the main piece here on the forums. Since he had the main part, I really didn't question the fact that the rest of the parts would be there. It was listed as brand new, so I felt confident seeing the main part that the rest of it would be fine. He claims all parts were shipped together yet he didn't so the shipping or the packaging himself.

He is not some big figure on this forum. The only reason I have yet to post his screename is that we are still in contact over this and I won't smear him til he tells me that he indeed is not going to give me anything.[/QUOTE

New York here, any help just let me know..............
Now there is a cool forum member.