Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Street Racers Be Warned

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 08:36 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 208 Likes on 155 Posts

I'm in total agreeance there, but why stop with street racers, huh? When you guys can ban these douche bags that post the "My car's an MT and I can't believe anyone would buy an AT 350" and then proceed to produce a 1,200 word thesis on the matter believe me you'll have my full attention!
Old 02-16-2007, 08:36 AM
THE TECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There will always be someone who is faster than you. We are not setting any records here.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this should go for those that use to own a Z, but now own something else then brag about how much better their car is to the Z. time to move the heck out, since you are not offering anything for those of us that do own and love our cars. especially when they think they are a resident expert when it comes to the Z, just because they drove one or put a body kit or intake on it. For those i just use the ignore button. my list is pretty long by now with all the trolls that hang around here.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:43 AM
ke0ki2k

if Evo owners post hate just link them to the Road & track test where the 06' track beat the Evo IX MR around virginia international
Old 02-16-2007, 08:45 AM
xyberai

Originally Posted by 06daytona
Good luck getting the street racing forum deleted, i'm not totaly for street racing but i'm not completly against it either. I have street raced before and it was fun, but i do also understand your point. So good luck but i think there are too many street racers out there.
Haha, ironic isnt it?
Old 02-16-2007, 08:45 AM
DJMatrix1067

Originally Posted by Alberto
I for one enjoyed reading some of the street racing threads (from the reputable members and seeing vids), at worst they were entertaining, it is my fellow Z owners who get their panties in a bunch and see the need to complain of a section that they dislike/dont agree with and now we dont have this on the site anymore. If you dont like it, ignore it, its the beauty of the internet you can go to another section of the forums or go to another site. You say ignore the people who come in from other forums with other cars, but I can think of a few who didnt own Z's and were true enthusiasts and posted good info and taught everybody about their specific platform or just spread knowledge in general. Now those people will likely leave, just so you weak sauce Z owners who dont even race can stay "happy", this thread sucks, you all suck at life.

Alberto <--- puts flame suit on
I have no problem with the street racing forum. that was fine by me. If you read my OP you'll see i have nothing aginnst that forum. AAt least when it was around, all the trolls stayed in there. and it was EASY to see the posts that matter in the 350Z section. I'm not saying its a great idea to resurrect it, but i think now that its closed, we are seeing WAY more of this crap in other forums.

I welcome any member of any forum website that offers up useful information. Anyone who wants to offer advice is welcome here. But if all you want to do is post a thread about how crappy the 350Z is, or how your car can beat it. leave this site.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The problem is trolls never go away-if you delete the street racing forum they will infest other reas and make everybody unhappy. A well moderated street racing forum would solve that issue.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem is trolls never go away-A well moderated forum would solve that issue.

fixed the post for you. it is not just the street racing forum that needs moderating, the whole board in general does as well when it comes to trolls.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:03 AM
I1DER

The problem is trolls never go away-if you delete the street racing forum they will infest other reas and make everybody unhappy. A well moderated street racing forum would solve that issue.
I agree. Trolls tended to herd there. Moderators will now have more work as the parasites will be more spread out in the other forums. The street forum was a lure(and served other purposes as well) just like a fly strip.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:07 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OP-sorry for my little off topic rant, I have expressed my views in the correct street racing gone thread found in the announcements forum, I'll keep it there
Old 02-16-2007, 09:12 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Berto' et all.. if you ignore the Trolls threads... and don't post in them...and use the feature where you can set up to ignore posts from screen names, you wont have to deal with it. Moderators will naturaly clean up the threads.. or.. they will get pushed down and die. (EDIT: not the moderators.. the threads silly)

Old 02-16-2007, 09:13 AM
quint1

Whatever fires your rockets, that's why GOD made more than vanilla !
Old 02-16-2007, 09:13 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

The way I see it, this thread is completely useless. As if we didn't really know that not responding to them would reduce the bickering. People respond back because they want to argue just like the trolls do. And trust me, whether you tell them or not, people will continue to ignore or continue to say something back.

As for the forum needing to be better moderated, the admins/mods do as much as possible to keep everything flowing smoothly. Trust me, it's not easy closing/moving/deleting threads. As far as "trolls" go, they, like everybody else, are issued a warning initially. Their continuance is what gets them banned. Just because some of you don't like a certain individual, it doesn't mean that mods/admins will say "oh let's ban him."

You guys need to grow up and realize that things will never be exactly the way you want them to be. Quit whining.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:22 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

From the Terms Of Use:

15.) REHASHING
When a post is locked or deleted or when member account is suspended and/or banned, it is for a justified reason. Do NOT make another post in continuation of the locked/deleted posts or your account is subject to being banned. Do NOT make a new post demanding explanation of why a post was locked or deleted. If you would like explanation of a closed or deleted post, PM one of the moderators.

The other thread on this subject has already been closed. Get over it. Move on.