Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Differences between the G35 coupe and 350z?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 02:59 PM
nathanstl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differences between the G35 coupe and 350z?

I did search a lot and couldn't find anything very useful. Is there a charting the changes for 2003-2006 G35 coupes like there is with the 350z? I couldn't find one. I'm currently looking at both and wanted somemore detailed things answered.

Things I know:
4 seater vs 2 seater
G35 is a little longer wheelbase/overall
G35 has slightly less power due to intake/exhaust

What I would like to know is:
Do all G35 coupes have LED taillights?

Yes
Did the G35 have the BI-Xenon HID's earlier then the 06 350z's?
No available on 06+ models only.
Do they all have LSD's?
No. Available on 05+ models only.
I see Brembo Brakes on some G35's, Is there a Track model which also gives you lighter wheels?
Brembo Brakes are included on manual transmission models.
Is VDC and TCS standard on all G35 coupes?
Yes.
Does the low quality paint I've heard about on the 350z carry over to the infinity or is it better?

I've found some of the answers to these questions but it's always on a 05 or 06 g35. I'm looking at an 03. Thanks for any help and I'm surprised this wasn't a sticky already.

Last edited by nathanstl; 02-27-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:06 PM
HighwaySpeed

Welcome!

Please use the search feature first.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:06 PM
halfass872

Not to be an *** but this question is asked at LEAST once a day!! My suggestion is try searching again cause i know others have asked the same questions ALOT. And join the G35 Forum too, they would know their cars better then we would. Looks like you figured most of it out already!!
Old 02-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.infinitihelp.com/

http://www.nissanhelp.com/

^ answers to all of your questions and more.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:40 PM
usarmyttt

Some of yall are soooooo welcoming to a new guy!
Old 02-27-2007, 03:51 PM
nathanstl

Originally Posted by camaro194
http://www.infinitihelp.com/

http://www.nissanhelp.com/

^ answers to all of your questions and more.
Thanks. This was the only helpful post. I did search at least an hour for the other questions and I'm not new to forums. It's pointless posts like halfass872's that make weeding through the search results hard. If you finally do find something that might be what your looking for all the posts in it are just saying to use the search feature. www.infinityhelp.com answered all my questions except for the paint quality one. And I'll go ahead and edit my post to actually help others in the future.

Last edited by nathanstl; 02-27-2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:56 PM
HighwaySpeed

Exclamation

Originally Posted by nathanstl
Thanks. This was the only helpful post. I did search at least an hour for the other questions and I'm not new to forums. It's pointless posts like halfass872's that make weeding through the search results hard. If you finally do find something that might be what your looking for all the posts in it are just saying to use the search feature. www.infinityhelp.com answered all my questions. And I'll go ahead and edit my post to actually help others in the future.
Camaro194 found this, AFTER HE DID A SEARCH!
Old 02-27-2007, 03:58 PM
halfass872

Thanks. This was the only helpful post. I did search at least an hour for the other questions and I'm not new to forums. It's pointless posts like halfass872's that make weeding through the search results hard. If you finally do find something that might be what your looking for all the posts in it are just saying to use the search feature. www.infinityhelp.com answered all my questions. And I'll go ahead and edit my post to actually help others in the future.
Relax. We all got flamed at one time or another. If i hadn't said it someone else would. You'll do the same thing after you are here for a while and see the same questions asked over and over again!
Old 02-27-2007, 04:04 PM
HighwaySpeed

Originally Posted by halfass872
You'll do the same thing after you are here for a while and see the same questions asked over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!
+1000000000
Old 02-27-2007, 04:06 PM
nathanstl

Relax. We all got flamed at one time or another. If i hadn't said it someone else would. You'll do the same thing after you are here for a while and see the same questions asked over and over again!
I've been on forums for 3-4 years and I've never once told someone to search because if I'm going to take the time to post it might as well be for answering the question and making the search feature that much more useful for the future. Senior forum members don't realize how messed up the search feature becomes over time because no one is actually answering questions anymore. If you guys really wanted to clean up the forums and contribute then you need to make sure this stuff finds it's way into a sticky. Anyway no offense taken and hopefully I'll be joining the owners group shortly. I was leaning toward the g35 coupe, but since finding out about the lack of LSD on the 03/04 models will probably go with the 03 track 350z.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:41 PM
bonusfrag

Old 02-27-2007, 05:46 PM
halfass872

I've been on forums for 3-4 years and I've never once told someone to search because if I'm going to take the time to post it might as well be for answering the question and making the search feature that much more useful for the future. Senior forum members don't realize how messed up the search feature becomes over time because no one is actually answering questions anymore. If you guys really wanted to clean up the forums and contribute then you need to make sure this stuff finds it's way into a sticky. Anyway no offense taken and hopefully I'll be joining the owners group shortly. I was leaning toward the g35 coupe, but since finding out about the lack of LSD on the 03/04 models will probably go with the 03 track 350z.
If you have been on forums for so long, then i'm sure you are familliar with the same questions asked over and over. Questions that you know would take 5 mins of searching to find. Being that "Z"s and "G"s are nearly the same car, your question, in the case of this forum, is one such of those that is asked nearly everyday. Along with the standard "should i buy this", and "how much horsepower will said exhaust give me". So if we made all the questions that were frequently asked into a sticky, this would be a forum full of "stickys".
Old 02-27-2007, 07:39 PM
nathanstl

If you have been on forums for so long, then i'm sure you are familliar with the same questions asked over and over. Questions that you know would take 5 mins of searching to find. Being that "Z"s and "G"s are nearly the same car, your question, in the case of this forum, is one such of those that is asked nearly everyday. Along with the standard "should i buy this", and "how much horsepower will said exhaust give me". So if we made all the questions that were frequently asked into a sticky, this would be a forum full of "stickys".
My question was exactly some of the minor differences between the two so it didn't matter that they are nearly the same car. I did search and you can not find them that fast. They definitely aren't asked daily. They weren't even in the 100 most asked questions. Anyway infinitihelp.com answered them which that website should also be in a sticky.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thread kitty deliver us!!!