Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z owners=too cool to look?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 08:59 AM
noodleman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe yours or the other guy's tint is too dark so you can't see them do anything.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:10 AM
35TH ANY

Originally Posted by jamnew
Most Z owners probably have become conditioned not to look right or left at a stop light because there is always some F&F wannabe, hemi truck driver, or Crossfire owner revving his engine looking for a street race . I just laugh and look straight ahead.
Today, it was a Mustang.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:15 AM
moflow

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

I pretty much always wave to other Z drivers. I also give thumbs up to just about anyone else driving a nice/tastefully modded car. Evo drivers always get this kind of confused look on their faces when I give them a casual thumbs up as I drive by.

If someone has obviously invested a lot of time and effort into their car and it looks good then I like giving them a little encouragement, even if its not a car i would chose to drive.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:16 AM
moflow

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

whoops.

Last edited by moflow; 02-28-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:16 AM
Brick-Z

So since I own an Audi, Benz and Z should I wave to everyone Probably 95% of the Z's here in Chicago are not modded and would have no clue as to why I am waving at them.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:17 AM
ohSIXz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i used to do it in my modded civic, to other modded civics, and once some guy got out of his car at a light and came up to my window and started talking crap to me.

im 22, and if i see another younger guy in a Z... you never know he could be a coke dealer or something so i dun mess with that stuff. i just keep to myself.

but i do give certain cars thumbs up. random ones. like the first new m5 i saw i rolled down my window and gave the guy a thumbs up and he smiled and did the same to me.

im also a very shy guy, maybe thats why i dont do it also. some people in phoenix are real a$$holes. $ sign is there for a reason, but for the cursing.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:21 AM
Hybrid90

20"s etc etc
Maybe cuz you rolled on 20's j/k
Old 02-28-2007, 09:25 AM
tropicalypso

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I pulled up to redlight next to a middle aged man driving a clean, stock redline Z. I looked over at him and said nice car, and he looked at me kinda funny, then smiled and said "thanks, its a 350z".

I kinda scratched my head at that, considering I was sitting in my silver 350z...
Old 02-28-2007, 09:33 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Originally Posted by tropicalypso
I pulled up to redlight next to a middle aged man driving a clean, stock redline Z. I looked over at him and said nice car, and he looked at me kinda funny, then smiled and said "thanks, its a 350z".

I kinda scratched my head at that, considering I was sitting in my silver 350z...
thats awesome!

I generally try to look or aknowledge people close to my house or that I know but thats about it. For example yesterday I was behind a DB Z roadster (bone stock) as I get to the most enjoyable part of my ride home from work nice uphill corner no traffic two lanes I flew by him at about 50mph, I didn't look or wave because I was concentrating on the hard right hander coming up to go into my neighborhood. Either way if he is an enthusiast he prob thinks I'm an A-hole for doing a ricer fly-by but truth is I tear through that section of road everyday, I dont care if its a Z06 in the next lane or another 350z I'm gonna keep my eyes on the road and drive my car the way it was meant to be driven!
Old 02-28-2007, 09:52 AM
brandonanix

Originally Posted by Theatrix
It's not the money, it's the metality, dude. Here on the East coast, Z owners are more ethusiasts and older. I speak to many guys who owned Z's when they were in HS in the 70's. They own for the sport of it. We do acknowledge each other. But that's different than some young punk riding around with all sorts of mods on the car in order to look cool. I probably would not wave to that guy either, but would prefer to pull him out of his car and beat the **** out of him. But that's just me.

And I'm a snob for education and I loose respect for a kid who seems to have his priorities up his ****. (Unless his parents bought his car, because he is in school). That kid is oK in my book.

Sadly this is the kind of Z owner that this thread is about. It seems like you just look way to far into it, or that you are really bitter for some reason, rather than keeping it simple: if the car is nice, its nice, if its not, its not.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:58 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by djnc350Z
like 90% of Z owners are non-enthusiasts who don't care about seeing other Z's
+1
Old 02-28-2007, 09:59 AM
brandonanix

Angry

Originally Posted by vo7848
+1
+10
Old 02-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Demon Z

Most days, I anonymously hate everyone and am just focused on where I am going. Once in a great while, and I'm feeling saucy, I'll look around at traffic. Only problem is, is that there's only 3, maybe 4 Z's in a 20-mile radius... no-one to wave at on said saucy day.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:10 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Lightbulb think before you speak

Originally Posted by brandonanix
Sadly this is the kind of Z owner that this thread is about. It seems like you just look way to far into it, or that you are really bitter for some reason, rather than keeping it simple: if the car is nice, its nice, if its not, its not.
+1 whats wrong with mods?

Originally Posted by Theatrix
It's not the money, it's the metality, dude. Here on the East coast, Z owners are more ethusiasts and older. I speak to many guys who owned Z's when they were in HS in the 70's. They own for the sport of it. We do acknowledge each other. But that's different than some young punk riding around with all sorts of mods on the car in order to look cool. I probably would not wave to that guy either, but would prefer to pull him out of his car and beat the **** out of him. But that's just me

And I'm a snob for education and I loose respect for a kid who seems to have his priorities up his ****. (Unless his parents bought his car, because he is in school). That kid is oK in my book..
1- If I put a body kit on my car and ride around Bel Air are you really gonna pull me out of my car and beat my a$$?? LOL @ that, good luck!!

2-How is mommy & daddys little boy more deserving than someone who works full time and earns whats thiers?? worst mentality on the East coast I have heard yet... If mommy & daddy had to buy it it's because they suck at life and can't handle a job while attending school!! please this is 2007 there are people that are single parents, raising children, and getting degrees at college. All this while working a full time job!! it's not hard to do, its called dedication, commitment, or self worth which you must know nothing about.

3-why does it have to be "some young punk" do mods have an age limit? WTF there are middle age men on here doing wheels, turbos, pop-chargers, you name it they do it too!

Last edited by DROPPEDIT2WCE; 02-28-2007 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Grammar police wooo woooo woooo
Old 02-28-2007, 10:23 AM
brandonanix

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
+1 whats wrong with mods?

1- If I put a body kit on my car and ride around Bel Air are you really gonna pull me out of my car and beat my a$$?? LOL @ that, good luck!!

2-How is mommy & daddys little boy more deserving than someone who works full time and earns whats thiers?? worst mentality on the East coast I have heard yet... If mommy & daddy had to buy it it's because they suck at life and can't handle a job while attending school!! please this is 2007 there are people that are single parents, raising children, and getting degrees at college. All this while working a full time job!! it's not hard to do, its called dedication, commitment, or self worth which you must know nothing about.

3-why does it have to be "some young punk" do mods have an age limit? WTF there are middle age men on here doing wheels, turbos, pop-chargers, you name it they do it too!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 10:27 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

^ ha haa haaa blowing off some steam I need a cigarette and a coffee after that one
Old 02-28-2007, 10:32 AM
philude

Originally Posted by Demon Z
Most days, I anonymously hate everyone and am just focused on where I am going. Once in a great while, and I'm feeling saucy, I'll look around at traffic. Only problem is, is that there's only 3, maybe 4 Z's in a 20-mile radius... no-one to wave at on said saucy day.
LOL @ saucy days. please find a more masculine way of describing your day plzz...
Old 02-28-2007, 10:32 AM
brandonanix

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
^ ha haa haaa blowing off some steam I need a cigarette and a coffee after that one
you deserve one! it even felt good to just read !
Old 02-28-2007, 10:33 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonanix
+10
Unfortunately my friend, it's true. The Z has become a pretty common car. Enthusiast such as ourselves, that take time and care, to make our Z's look the best are too far inbetween. Individuals that are not on the level of enthusiasm as we are just don't get that "awe" that we get from seeing a well taken care of vehicle, so therefore they see no point in looking.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:35 AM
SexZRed06

Originally Posted by joegengsta
^ you need some friends

LOL!

Quick Reply: Z owners=too cool to look?