Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z owners=too cool to look?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 06:35 AM
brandonanix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z owners=too cool to look?

I dont know if it is because I live in southern california, but I have noticed that 9 out of 10 times that a Z driver pulls up next to me or passes me, they never aknowledge, look, wave, or anything, they just kind of act too cool to look. I would understand if I was rolling in a stock ride, but my 06' has a full nismo 2 kit, 1"drop, 20"s etc etc and I know that when I see even a stock Z I always stare at it, and aknowledge the driver if possible.

Is it just an issue of people buying Z's to use as a basic means of transportation, that can care less really about mods, looks, etc? or are all of us here just way too into our Z's? Literally out of the hundreds of Z's I have passed on the roads, maybe 2 have aknowledged me, and one of them is basha from this forum! crazy.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:46 AM
joegengsta

^ you need some friends
Old 02-28-2007, 06:48 AM
brandonanix

no actually, just wondering why corvette and porsche owners do this, but Z owners dont.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:48 AM
jammin

I usually wave or give other Zs thumbs up, but at a light or something I kind of don't really like looking to the side at the other car. I don't like to seem like I'm staring too hard or anything.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:52 AM
ZBigDog

I don't know bro, most people mind their own business. Plus porsches and vetts are like 40-80K dollar whips, we drive Nissans, no biggie right.

I tend to shout out 300zx's in nice shape, it's the car that made me fall in love with the Z line and ultimately get my 350, so they get my respect, not some snooty 35 year old lady rollin her 06 automatic.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:59 AM
Theatrix
Professional

Originally Posted by ZBigDog
I don't know bro, most people mind their own business. Plus porsches and vetts are like 40-80K dollar whips, we drive Nissans, no biggie right.

I tend to shout out 300zx's in nice shape, it's the car that made me fall in love with the Z line and ultimately get my 350, so they get my respect, not some snooty 35 year old lady rollin her 06 automatic.
It's not the money, it's the metality, dude. Here on the East coast, Z owners are more ethusiasts and older. I speak to many guys who owned Z's when they were in HS in the 70's. They own for the sport of it. We do acknowledge each other. But that's different than some young punk riding around with all sorts of mods on the car in order to look cool. I probably would not wave to that guy either, but would prefer to pull him out of his car and beat the **** out of him. But that's just me.

And I'm a snob for education and I loose respect for a kid who seems to have his priorities up his ****. (Unless his parents bought his car, because he is in school). That kid is oK in my book.

Last edited by Theatrix; 02-28-2007 at 07:03 AM.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:00 AM
brandonanix

it just seems like 90% of Z drivers either have an ego to begin with, or get one when they take delivery of their Z. freaking rediculous. I get more respect from Porsche's than I do with Z's, NO JOKE!! ahahha
Old 02-28-2007, 07:02 AM
brandonanix

Originally Posted by Theatrix
It's not the money, it's the metality, dude. Here on the East coast, Z owners are more ethusiasts and older. I speak to many guys who owned Z's when they were in HS in the 70's. They own for the sport of it. We do acknowledge each other. But that's different than some young punk riding around with all sorts of mods on the car in order to look cool. I probably would not wave to that guy either, but would prefer to pull him out of his car and beat the **** out of him. But that's just me.
I see your point, if the mods are done pitafully, but if its a tastefull nismo mod, by someone that isnt racing around cutting people off on the freeway, there shouldnt be that bitterness., and you should be able to tell what mods are done to "look cool" or mods that are done that are offered as a factory option to the vehicle. I wouldnt wave to another Z, thats painted Ninja Turtle Green, with a wavey fiberglass widebody kit and gold dayton's either.

Last edited by brandonanix; 02-28-2007 at 07:06 AM.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:06 AM
djnc

i think there's a thread like this at least once a week...lol...i give the thumbs up, but never expect a response...like 90% of Z owners are non-enthusiasts who don't care about seeing other Z's
Old 02-28-2007, 08:05 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by brandonanix
I dont know if it is because I live in southern california, but I have noticed that 9 out of 10 times that a Z driver pulls up next to me or passes me, they never aknowledge, look, wave, or anything, they just kind of act too cool to look. I would understand if I was rolling in a stock ride, but my 06' has a full nismo 2 kit, 1"drop, 20"s etc etc and I know that when I see even a stock Z I always stare at it, and aknowledge the driver if possible.

Is it just an issue of people buying Z's to use as a basic means of transportation, that can care less really about mods, looks, etc? or are all of us here just way too into our Z's? Literally out of the hundreds of Z's I have passed on the roads, maybe 2 have aknowledged me, and one of them is basha from this forum! crazy.

Im with ya man! I've pretty much given up here. After so many times of waving, then feeling like an idiot when they just look the other way.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:11 AM
Hunntyr

And here I am thinking that I was the only one that noticed it...glad I am not alone.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:12 AM
azula

Originally Posted by djnc350Z
i think there's a thread like this at least once a week

same thread, different title
Old 02-28-2007, 08:14 AM
daz311x

am i supposed to look?
Old 02-28-2007, 08:16 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 207 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonanix
no actually, just wondering why corvette and porsche owners do this, but Z owners dont.
'Cuz we're all a bunch of snobs....
Old 02-28-2007, 08:17 AM
brandonanix

am I the only one that is bothered by the fact that 90% of people that buy the Z, just see it as a basic means of transportation? ya know...the type that park next to stray shopping karts at the market, park with the front bumper hanging over the curb, get in the car with dirty shoes, look for front parking stalls even if it is crammed next to a mini van and ford thunderbird, are content with leaving everything bone stock for life.....
Old 02-28-2007, 08:19 AM
brandonanix

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
'Cuz we're all a bunch of snobs....
sadly it seems that way in cali
Old 02-28-2007, 08:22 AM
StewartZ

Even if the Z is stock (which I am as well for now) I stll acknowledge them try to give them a wave...

I ran into a convertible Z he gave me like a whats up nod haha

Last edited by StewartZ; 02-28-2007 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:29 AM
jamnew

And I'm a snob for education and I loose respect for a kid who seems to have his priorities up his ****. (Unless his parents bought his car, because he is in school). That kid is oK in my book.
+10, That'a exactly how I feel. I drive this car for the fun of driving a performance car. At 30k, the Z doesn't have any snob appeal anyway. Most Z owners probably have become conditioned not to look right or left at a stop light because there is always some F&F wannabe, hemi truck driver, or Crossfire owner revving his engine looking for a street race . I just laugh and look straight ahead.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:47 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You are too fast and furious for commoners.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:59 AM
h8bumps

And I'm a snob for education and I loose respect for a kid...
lose.

I guess that makes me a snob for education too.

Quick Reply: Z owners=too cool to look?