Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

No Front License Plate hassle percentage??

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 12:55 PM
zimmie18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never been bothered by a cop yet here in md...just my neighbor and it wasnt even hassling i guess just her asking why i dont have it on and then her leaving to get her grandkids
Old 03-25-2007, 09:05 AM
kaos1

just dont get caught for speeding. i only got a warning for no license plate, no ticket.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:37 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I got pulled over once in my old car for no front license plate. I asked the officer how many Corvettes he pulls over on a daily basis. He said what does this have to do with you. I then stated In my 27 years of living I have yet to see a Corvette with a License plate. He then let me go. I have my plate on my Z now, but its a bracket that comes out of the grille thus not bothering me so much to take it off. But when I get my Nismo V2 Bumper, leaving it clean with no plate.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:57 AM
fabjunkie

I only got one plate when I registered.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:04 AM
shanki456

Putting the plate behind the grille doesn't look to bad. I guess if I had to have one, I would probably do it like that.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:57 PM
daz311x

Originally Posted by RedBullRR
I then stated In my 27 years of living I have yet to see a Corvette with a License plate.
QFT

Not having my plates saved me from getting a moving violation. I didn't stop before making a right turn at a red light (didn't really need to cause it was a T intersection) and the cop let me go with just a fix it ticket to put my plates on.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:35 PM
derekinthez

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

None required here in Georgia--just move!
Old 03-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Da prez

No front plate and no hassle in 3 years.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Jokestrap

Houston, TX. Never had a problem. But, there are a lot of yahoo's down here w/o 'em. Cops would be real busy...
Old 04-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Phantom Menace

I've been wondering about this for some time now, and I've read three threads here about license plates--so it must be a sign for me to post.

My neighbor has a Mustang that he bought brand new. He's had it for a couple of months now and was asking my other neighbor if he should mount his front plates.

My neighbor with the Mustang told my other neighbor that he always leaves the plates off and instead, leaves the dealer "VIN" sticker on the front windshield. He said, that way, if he ever gets pulled over cops cannot give him a ticket for having no front license plate. This sounded like a really good idea and if he should ever run a camera light, there's no plate to take a pic of...

DISLCAIMER: I am not endorsing any illegal activities whatsoever!

My question, then, becomes when a cop pulls someone over...does it say on their little computers or whatever if license plates were ever assigned? Also, if my neighbor should say that he never received his plates (in the event a cop should pull him over) is there any way a cop can verify this?

The reason I ask is because my other neighbor's tint is really dark. The other day, he was driving one way and a cop going the other way stopped (in moving traffic) and gave my neighbor's car a really creepy look. You know, that "I'll ge'cha boi" look, Roscoe P. Coletrain gives them "Duke Boys." So, after he broke his neck to stare at my neighbor's car, my neighbor drove into the first shopping center parking lot he could find and hid (just like Bo and Luke would've done). As my neighbor was hiding (he parked his car and ducked in some bushes), he saw the same cop. The cop, must've turned around cause he was circling the parking lot like a damn vulture! (Note: this took place on March 31--so there may be some truth to the whole cops and ticket quotas urban legend)

Well, needless to say my neighbor's little outlaw adventure has got him on the lookout for cops--everywhere. He does not want to get caught DWB (driving while brown) in a tinted sports car with no plates yet he doesn't want to drill holes (his car requires you to drill holes in the front bumper to mount the front plate or you can buy something for $100 to mount the plate in the grille) in his front bumper or buy an expensive bracket. His son usually rides shotgun so he doesn't want to put the plate on the dash--a la ricer--either.

Would my "neighbor's" technique work? Could he ride around with no plates and say they never came in the mail? More importantly, would cops be able to tell if his plates were ever issued?

--BTW, I live in Antartica so if any cop members of this forum should go looking for my car--that's where I roll. For those members who would like a little more info to give me advice, the laws here in Antartica are similar to those in California, I think. But I am neither confirming nor denying any knowledge of California's vehicle laws prior to my post. The post herein and contained above is strictly hypothetical and any names, places, or dates may be ficticious and used for entertainment purposes only. Any likeness or descriptions that may be familiar is coincidental and no animals were harmed during the posting of this message.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:07 PM
ndilo21

I goto school in OH and I didn't even know there was a front plate law. I see cars with no front plates all the time and I've never heard of someone getting pulled over for it. Maybe the cops are a little less strict out in Kent then in Cleveland. When I had my eclipse I used to take the plate off when I got to school. I live in NY and they are terrible about it, I've gotten pulled over 3 times in one week for no front plate and they don't cut you any slack for having it in the window either.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:51 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,302 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by Former RX8'er
In Colorado we are required to have one. I didn't have one on my RX8 for two years and didn't have a problem. I don't plan on putting one on the z either.

I even got pulled over for speeding and the cop never said a word.
In Denver, the parking folks are rumored to get a BONUS for ticketing cars with no front license. Over the past four years, I've been ticketed 3X when my Z was properly parked on the street (also had the plate in the windshield). No negotiation on the infraction either- it's $30 a pop and I must really like that car without a front plate b/c I keep on paying it.

The other option is just paying for indoor parking whenever I go downtown.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:03 PM
JonsilvZ

Here in NY they are strict about front plates. Got a ticket once for no plate and went to court. Got dismissed because the cop didn't show. After that I have the front plate on the grill. It has a clean look without the plate but too much of a hassle with cops.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:43 PM
cqntialstarco

its just an excuse to pull you over, duh
Old 04-02-2007, 06:56 PM
TSG-Z

In Va, their ****'s when it comes to a front plate!
Old 04-02-2007, 07:17 PM
zeekle

Originally Posted by derekinthez
None required here in Georgia--just move!
or TN!
Old 04-02-2007, 07:22 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by TSG-Z
In Va, their ****'s when it comes to a front plate!
The police are gassing Jews without front license plates in Virginia? That's insane and something must be done about it!
Old 04-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Checkmate58

As clean as a no front plate looks, I don't want any reason for a police officer to pull me over. Made my own bracket and no hassles as of yet.

--Sam
Old 04-02-2007, 07:40 PM
TSG-Z

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
The police are gassing Jews without front license plates in Virginia? That's insane and something must be done about it!
Yeah, its the most henous crime no one's heard about, every third jew with a RSX!
Old 04-02-2007, 07:46 PM
twinship

Originally Posted by Richy350Z
99.9% of us here in cali have... Including me =\
+1

I keep the plate on all the time now. Not worth the hassle.

Quick Reply: No Front License Plate hassle percentage??