Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Checked out an 07 at the stealership today.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 02:46 AM
Zincognito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hope that lady wins the case....

NEVER trust a salesman, NEVER!!
Old 05-04-2007, 03:04 AM
jmarascojr

I live in Rochester NY....

I went to a Nissan dealership and was very disappointed as well...

I have to admit, I'm 26 and I don't look my age, but I made sure to go right after work so I was in my suit and everything...

I had an appointment for 4pm, the lady who set it up then said she couldn't help me cause she had a 430, ummm ok, 4 is before 430, I'm here first...

Hands me over to some kid who prolly wasn't more than 20... Couldn't tell me anything about the car... He drives it off the lot and then goes down a road at about 90, pull into a caldasac(sp?) and 180s the car...

Ok, impressive, but THIS is the car you are trying to sell me and you just did that?!?!?!

Then we get back to the dealership and he says he can't go over numbers cuase he has a 430 too...

They hand me off to some Russian dude who's accent was so thick, I thought Sergei Federov, Pavel Bure, Anna Kournikova, and Boris Yeltzin were gonna come flying outta his ***...

Needless to say, he wouldn't gimme any numbers cause I told him I wouldn't commit today but I would by the end of the weekend if the price is right and that they'd need 90 minutes to appraise my car...

Yeah, so I didn't buy it from them... And when I pick up my car on Tuesday, I'm thinking of driving it over there and telling them to **** off...
Old 05-04-2007, 03:06 AM
chriskabobbers

lol salesmen make me laugh these days, they're so clueless bout their marketing products
Old 05-04-2007, 03:12 AM
calin
Banned

i hate salesman too...with a passion. but when i bought my car back in january, i was surprised cause my salesman was actually pretty cool. he didnt tell me much about the car but i already knew everything i wanted to know about it before i went to the dealer since i did my research before.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:21 AM
blackstealthz

Very sad when you dont even know about the product your selling.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:04 AM
marhot

Originally Posted by shifty711

The damn salesperson didn't know anything about the damn car.
Its a sad day when the consumer has to go over and teach the new features to the salesperson.
They don't know what the hell they are selling.
Typical salesman.

Salesmen are generally salesman first and foremost, not auto enthusiast. They are taught how to sell and make a buck. Most are just concerned what colors a car comes in and if it is automatic or not. You can’t really blame them because that is what 90% of the buyers ask about. Obviously, people on this forum are not your average auto buyer.

When I bought my Z back in’03 I had to show and explain the Z’s features to my salesman. He thanked me at the end and told me I’d taught him a lot about the car. He was clueless.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:37 AM
350z2k3

Originally Posted by marhot
Typical salesman.

Salesmen are generally salesman first and foremost, not auto enthusiast. They are taught how to sell and make a buck. Most are just concerned what colors a car comes in and if it is automatic or not. You can’t really blame them because that is what 90% of the buyers ask about. Obviously, people on this forum are not your average auto buyer.

When I bought my Z back in’03 I had to show and explain the Z’s features to my salesman. He thanked me at the end and told me I’d taught him a lot about the car. He was clueless.
Car salesmen probably have the highest turnover of any profession. It's not surprising at all that most aren't fully knowledgeable about vehicles like a car enthusiast would be.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Sirk17

I'm gonna stand up for the salesguy here. I work in sales at a very large Powersports dealership, motorcycles atvs boats stuff of that nature. I could tell you just about anything you want to know about how any sport bike rides since 1999 along with HP rating to the tire mods available and so on as well as why you should or should not buy one. However, I find it so funny when people come in and try to stump me or another sales person. Like I know the cam grind angle on an 02 R1....do you? and if you do know why do you know??? Does it matter? No.

If you are looking for a car or bike you should know what you are looking at first. "Salespeople" are there to guide you to the correct car if you don't know which one you want. If your a 350z shopper Mustang shopper Corvette shopper whatever don't count on the "salesperson" to know more than you about a car you want to own. I would bet there are more than 50 different modles on some car lots that come in 2-5 different packages and I doubt anyone at the dealership knows them all by heart.

Next time try to be a human being at the dealership. You will get a better deal and have a more pleasent experience. I am much more willing to give up gross and the money I work hard to earn to someone who is nice then some *** who thinks he/she is hot stuff.