2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

i hate my 350z...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FALLEN1z
, and no there are no foulers for the test pipes but like i said in post number one, the codes that it throws are not related to the mods, it just seems to always do it when a new mod is intalled. there's been no code thrown relating to emissions altho i have test pipes. instead it threw a multiple cylinder misfire code
you seem awfully confident in this statement....but you have not posted any evidence that proves what you're saying to be the case

Sounds to me like you bought the car used? Might want to bring it back to wherever you got it from.

And if you are going to mod the car yourself, buy the factory service manual and an OBD2 scanner
Old 04-15-2007, 06:18 PM
FALLEN1z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
you seem awfully confident in this statement....but you have not posted any evidence that proves what you're saying to be the case

Sounds to me like you bought the car used? Might want to bring it back to wherever you got it from.

And if you are going to mod the car yourself, buy the factory service manual and an OBD2 scanner
what did you want me to post to prove it? i dont know what this recent code is because i havnt scanned it yet. i reset the ecu and so far there is no code so maybe it was just a fluke with the jwt. the car is used and this is the second z i've had in 4 months. the first the dealer just flat out lied to me about many aspects of the car and i did take that one back. this one seems ok other than just little codes that it throws. there's nothing serious that goes wrong with it. im getting an invidia n1 catback soon and when that comes the cats will probably be going back on. the tp's were mainly to make the car louder more than performance....but so far since i've bought it it's received a new cam cover gasket, a new number 2 fuel injector, a new MAF, a fuel injector cleaning, and a tb cleaning. nothing to major but they were not all at once. there were i beleive three trips to the dealer to get all that done.

i love the car (despite the title of the thread) but im just trying to get it all good so there's nothing left to worry about. i def. wont be buying a used car ever again because i've had 4 cars all used and i hate not knowing what the car's been through. the next car will be new but i wont be able to afford that for a while. im 19 and this car already has me paying a $7k loan and i've put 3k into it in mods so far
Old 04-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you bought a 2nd car from a dealer that lied to you once, and now that second Z has had 3 trips to the dealer itself? A new MAF? I've NEVER seen a Z need a new MAF. Fuel injector cleaning? Throttle body cleaning? Does it have 100k miles? I think the problem lies in your car, not in your mods.

Perhaps instead of spending the money modding you should get the car to someone competant to give it a complete once over.

Instead of posting how you hate your car, I'd be enlisting the help of an attorney to get my money back
Old 04-15-2007, 07:49 PM
FALLEN1z

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
you bought a 2nd car from a dealer that lied to you once, and now that second Z has had 3 trips to the dealer itself? A new MAF? I've NEVER seen a Z need a new MAF. Fuel injector cleaning? Throttle body cleaning? Does it have 100k miles? I think the problem lies in your car, not in your mods.

Perhaps instead of spending the money modding you should get the car to someone competant to give it a complete once over.

Instead of posting how you hate your car, I'd be enlisting the help of an attorney to get my money back
the second car wasnt from the same dealer. i made them throw it on the lift so i could go over the whole car and check every fluid, i made them show me the carfax, i made them show me the list of things that they did to the car when it came in, and i took it for an hour and a half test drive. the car's fluids were all in very good shape. the only thing that needed to be done when they took the car in was new front brake pads. the car fax was clean, no accidents and no major repair, just normal maintenance stuff. no noises, rattles, or anything like that on the test drive. i gave it quite a series of tests before i bought it because i didnt want the same thing to happen again.

oh and i almost forgot though, the mass air may or may not have been completely necesary because it was in for the random misfires, and at first they were thinking it was mass air. after changing it it was better but still threw a code every now and then. they looked at the flywheel through the hole where the crank position sensor is located and found that the flywheel was a nismo flywheel that looked like someone had tried to either turn the flywheel with a screwdriver or maybe dropped it when it was installed because there were a few scratches that look like minor curb rash and they discovered that the crank position sensor was picking up those scratches and confusing it for cylinder number 2 causing a misfire. they sanded it down just a little so that the sensor wouldnt pick it up anymore. it would only pick itup at idle but that was one thing that i wouldve never thought to look for when inspecting it. i just haver terrible luck..........speaking of terrible luck, i went for a cruise today and while i was driving a ft long stick fell out of a tree and hit my hood..... i think i may just be cursed
Old 04-15-2007, 07:54 PM
zdotcom

i'd disconnect the battery overnight and also unplug and re-seat the MAF sensor plug.

The oil on the Popcharger should not be an issue.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:19 PM
HitLines

Fallen1z

I installed a popcharger and would not turn back. Are you sure the light is on because of this mod?
Old 04-15-2007, 09:50 PM
FALLEN1z

Originally Posted by HitLines
Fallen1z

I installed a popcharger and would not turn back. Are you sure the light is on because of this mod?
i think it may have just been a fluke thing. i know i installed it right and i had the battery unhooked when i was doing the install. i unhooked it overnight last night and hooked it back up this morning and drove it probably 20miles today and there's no light back on. it may turn on tomarrow who knows but for now it's off.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:57 PM
HitLines

Ok I must ask why did you unhook the battery terminal? I hope not for this mod. It does not even mess with any electrical parts.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:03 PM
black06z

Ok I must ask why did you unhook the battery terminal? I hope not for this mod. It does not even mess with any electrical parts.
I think he did it to reset the ecu. Leaving the negative cable unhooked for 10-15min, is supposed to reset it.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:20 PM
FALLEN1z

yeah i did unhook it when i did the install haha. i know it probably wasnt necesary but i got into the habbit several years ago of unhooking the battery anytime i do something wher eim unplugging sensors or disconnecting other stuff. it cant hurt and can save you with other things