Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

i hate my 350z...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 08:52 PM
FALLEN1z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i hate my 350z...

alright i'll start by saying that i just installed my popcharger today and i am in love with how it changed the sound of the car. im happy with everything about it except.........

now the check engine light is on and this bugs me because the jwt is supposed to be one of the safest intakes to use. it's not even a cold air, it's a filter and a heat shield.

is it just me or does it seem like this car is so ****in fragile you cant do anything to it without it throwing some code or running like ****? i dont even wanna know what it's like going f/i with a z because i cant even add ****in test pipes and an intake without throwing a code all the time. i've had the car for 2 months and i've had a check engine light about once a week. the car's an 03 so test pipes shouldnt usually throw a code but the funny thing is that the codes the car throws are never codes that you'd expect. for example. if i add test pipes i would expect maybe a emissions code or an 02 censor code, but no, i get multiple cylinder misfires. i put on this intake and i dont know what the code is yet but y the **** cant i do anything to this car, no matter how light of a mod it is without the car deciding to run like **** (the car actually seems to be running strong, but the codes that it keeps throwing shows otherwise).

arent imports supposed to be the reliable cars? i could do whatever the **** i wanted to my mustang and it would do nothing but run stronger. no codes, no hassles, nothing ever wrong with mods to the car. the only thing that car gave me problems with was stupid stuff that was not mod related. i feel like i cant even drive the damn car without braking something. how am i supposed to autox this thing and drive it aggresively if i cant even put a ****in air filter on it without the computer saying there's something wrong?????
Old 04-13-2007, 08:56 PM
PWSHHOCKEY44

sell it to someone with patience who will appreciate it and go back to domestics
Old 04-13-2007, 08:58 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

nothnig happened to me after installing pop charger. ive done worse with this car and no check light came on. did u check if everything is in place?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:59 PM
FALLEN1z

Originally Posted by PWSHHOCKEY44
sell it to someone with patience who will appreciate it and go back to domestics
there's no reason for u to get ****ty with me. i've been plenty patient with the car. it's been at the dealer 3 times since i've owned it for non-mod related problems also. i love the car when it runs right but it's got something wrong with it way more often than it's right. i love z's. mine's just pissing me off right now. i dont regret trading my mustang for the z, i just dont understand how a car can be so fragile that nothing can be done to it without something going wrong, especially when the only mods done to it are ones that are supposed to gain power by makeing the engine run more efficiently.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:00 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

The most common engine code error people get when installing their JWT popcharger is from the MAF sensor. Did you plug it back correctly? Did you try to reset your computer after the check engine came on?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:00 PM
calin
Banned

just take it in to the dealer and have them check out the whole engine. it might cost you a little but at least youll find out whats wrong with it
Old 04-13-2007, 09:04 PM
dc567

check the maf
Old 04-13-2007, 09:05 PM
06MagneticZ

Sign your pink slip, mail it to me, put your car inside your garage, close garage door and have sweet dreams. I would never, ever, ever go back to Domestics. THey are nothing but POS. Mustangs, Camaro's, whatever. Obviously you did something wrong. Maybe it has something to do with your MAF. Too much oil in the pop charger maybe??
Old 04-13-2007, 09:07 PM
FALLEN1z

Originally Posted by JDMFairladyZ33
The most common engine code error people get when installing their JWT popcharger is from the MAF sensor. Did you plug it back correctly? Did you try to reset your computer after the check engine came on?
i didnt reset it after the code yet but i did have the battery unplugged while i was doing thing install. i had the sensor plugged back in before i hooked the battery back up, so im pretty sure i didnt do anything wrong with the MAF. i was wondering if maybe the filter had to much oil in it or something?? im clueless because i'd think the computer would have enough ability to compensate for the minor increase in airflow with the additional needed fuel. who knows tho
Old 04-13-2007, 09:09 PM
FALLEN1z

Originally Posted by 06MagneticZ
Sign your pink slip, mail it to me, put your car inside your garage, close garage door and have sweet dreams. I would never, ever, ever go back to Domestics. THey are nothing but POS. Mustangs, Camaro's, whatever. Obviously you did something wrong. Maybe it has something to do with your MAF. Too much oil in the pop charger maybe??
oh im not going back to domestics either. that's not what i was getting at. it just seems like the imports are so finicky with the slightest modification where i could do whatever i wanted to my mustang and nothing but good things would come from it. it was hassle free in that sense
Old 04-13-2007, 09:11 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

i would say unplug the battery uninstall try installing oem air box. if its ok with that then try installing the intake again slowly and carefully. if teh oem air box has check light then DEALER time. this is my opinion.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:12 PM
06MagneticZ

Originally Posted by FALLEN1z
oh im not going back to domestics either. that's not what i was getting at. it just seems like the imports are so finicky with the slightest modification where i could do whatever i wanted to my mustang and nothing but good things would come from it. it was hassle free in that sense
Im not sure where that info came from. Ive seen many, many, many mildly and highly modded imports with no problems. Its like any other car, some will give you problems and some wont. This issue just sounds like too much oil in the filter. Clean out MAF and reset the ecu. Should fix the problem.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Hate...

is such a strong word. What I think you meant to say was "I love my350z."
Old 04-13-2007, 09:22 PM
rlw222

I just installed a vortech supercharger this week and not 1 problem no lights no leaks and this thing has low end ***** now. So my sugestion to you is quit buying over priced trinkets and put something on. F/I and get some real hp for your $$$$. When it was all done wiring harness oil pan spacer 1 notch plugs labor and kit 6k . With that price I gained about 100 whp. also you want sound how about the sound of a supercharger? Ask Sharif to hook you up he did the best for me. Great place to buy from!!!!!

i
Old 04-13-2007, 09:29 PM
FALLEN1z

Originally Posted by rlw222
I just installed a vortech supercharger this week and not 1 problem no lights no leaks and this thing has low end ***** now. So my sugestion to you is quit buying over priced trinkets and put something on. F/I and get some real hp for your $$$$. When it was all done wiring harness oil pan spacer 1 notch plugs labor and kit 6k . With that price I gained about 100 whp. also you want sound how about the sound of a supercharger? Ask Sharif to hook you up he did the best for me. Great place to buy from!!!!!
if i was gonna continue to modify i would deffinately not be buying little bolt ons but the plan when i bought the car was just to make it look a little nicer, handle a little better, be a little louder, and have a little more power. nothing to much because i dont wanna have to worry about the car. just maintain it, get in, and drive. after i get my catback the modding on this car will be done
Old 04-13-2007, 09:30 PM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

did you soak your filter with filter oil? You could have possibly overdone it.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:33 PM
FALLEN1z

Originally Posted by bender
did you soak your filter with filter oil? You could have possibly overdone it.
it came pre-oiled. i didnt put any on
Old 04-13-2007, 09:41 PM
black06z

wow!! that's the first I heard with the JWT. I plan on doing mine tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully, it will go smoothly. Maybe you should clean out the MAF with that CRC spray. I might do the same while Im at it.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:43 PM
rlw222

if i was gonna continue to modify i would deffinately not be buying little bolt ons but the plan when i bought the car was just to make it look a little nicer, handle a little better, be a little louder, and have a little more power. nothing to much because i dont wanna have to worry about the car. just maintain it, get in, and drive. after i get my catback the modding on this car will be done
This is what I wanted also and got it. super dependable very very safe and a nice sound from my car . Best of all the way I drive it most of the time I even get 2 to 3 more mpg's also engine runs cooler. Look at it this way you are wrecking your warantee with your mods just like I did but at least I got something out of mine without setting codes off. Just something for you to think about thats all.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:44 PM
FALLEN1z

Originally Posted by black06z
wow!! that's the first I heard with the JWT. I plan on doing mine tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully, it will go smoothly. Maybe you should clean out the MAF with that CRC spray. I might do the same while Im at it.
well unless the filter was overoiled when they oiled it that shouldnt be the problem on mine because the MAF is about a week old. the car was misfiring a week or 2 ago and the problem was that the MAF failed so i have new one in there now. i've always heard the jwt was a safe one to go with too that's y im so suprised that anything has gone wrong as a result. the car feels peppier, throttle response is better, it has that nice hissing sound to it when you roll onto it and the motor sounds deeper....if it wasnt for the light i would assume everything was great because it's driving perfect. im gonna go to autozone tomarrow and try and get the code pulled to see officially what it is

Quick Reply: i hate my 350z...